Samurai Spirits 0 Special appearently to be released in AES!

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Yup, it definitely looks like it will be released for the Neo Geo home console. Says 'Release date not yet determined' and 'Price not yet determined' to the right.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Yeah, I saw that, but people still seem unsure about whether this game will get a US AES release.

Does this confirm that we will?

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Sorry if this has been posted.

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/consumer/sim_schedule.html

The second item is SS0 special, labeled for Neo as "NEW". Can somebody translate the Japanese text? It appears to be a home-consumer only release list, so it should be the AES version instead of the MVS one. It has no date though.

an AES cart would be pretty cool I suppose. HOWEVER, I doubt it would not see an MVS release. A game of this nature (meaning a "fixed" version of an already released game) would be more proffitable and popular in arcades and on next gen consoles than as a limmited releas on a defunct home system with each copy costing almost $400.
Honestly, there would be hardly any proffit there for playmore at all if that was the case.

galfordo said:
Yeah, I saw that, but people still seem unsure about whether this game will get a US AES release. Does this confirm that we will?

If a jap home release is on the tables I would bet $ that Shawn will follow through and ink a deal for an english version.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Re: Re: Samurai Spirits 0 Special appearently to be released in AES!

ORPHEUS said:
an AES cart would be pretty cool I suppose. HOWEVER, I doubt it would not see an MVS release. A game of this nature (meaning a "fixed" version of an already released game) would be more proffitable and popular in arcades and on next gen consoles than as a limmited releas on a defunct home system with each copy costing almost $400.

I didn't explain myself right, we all know the game is actually going to be released in MVS for sure. We wanted confirmation if it would come to the AES as well. What I meant is, that in that schedule list, the version listed was the AES one, and not the MVS one we already knew.

So this should be the Jap AES release, and in that case it would be quite likely that Shawn also has a US one made. If not, AES owners could just get the Japanese one I guess.

Lupin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Great!! I really want this game, and since all my AES carts are Jpn anyway, it's really not an issue if it's only a Jpn release.

I hope the Neostore gets this.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Lupin said:
Great!! I really want this game, and since all my AES carts are Jpn anyway, it's really not an issue if it's only a Jpn release.

I hope the Neostore gets this.

Yeah, I'm definitely up for a JPN release if that's all it gets.

ajsega

Armored Scrum Object
Considering I already have the SSV homecart. I would only get special if it has a translated english story. Having the boss characters to play as is cool but I don't know if it is cool enough to make me pay $360 + shipping.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
ajsega said:
Considering I already have the SSV homecart. I would only get special if it has a translated english story. Having the boss characters to play as is cool but I don't know if it is cool enough to make me pay $360 + shipping.

Yeah, I wouldn't either if I had SSV. I'm not holding my breath on the story thing, so I'm guessing that your wallet should be safe.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
I don't feel so bad that I held out on my SS0 purchase until now :)

SS0 Special homecart, you are mine ;)

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Big Shady said:
I don't feel so bad that I held out on my SS0 purchase until now :)

SS0 Special homecart, you are mine ;)

Same here:p

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Electroman said:
You guys think the value of the SS 0/V will dip fast/much should SS0/V Special be released?

If Special is a lot better (i.e. - it has a story plus maybe some interesting new characters & backgrounds), then it might spell trouble for SSV.