unibios 1.2 or 1.3 with original kof2003 or ms5 on multislot hw.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Hi,

Anyone here with a unibios v1.2 or 1.3 on a multislot system have a problem with either metal slug 5 or kof 2003 region not changing when changing it in the unibios menues?

One user has a problem with the game locking in usa region with English language. Anyone else have this problem or anyone using these games on a multislot with no problem like this at all?

Raz

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
multislot

I have tried these two games on 3 different 6 slot boards and they will not play in jap.SVC chaos and samurai shodown 0 no problem, but slug 5 and KOF2K3 stay in english/usa mode ie no jap text...on a mulislot board.I also got the same on a 2slot board....

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Have you tried setting the system into japan arcade mode and then clearing the backup ram again with v1.3 (from test mode hardware test). and seee if the system goes to Japan then?

Raz

eclypse

Banned
I think i remember seeing the same thing when i tried my new KOF2k3 once..

Let me know if ya figure this one out.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
cant you test it again?

Raz

syringe

Banned
My copy will go into English and Spanish. using the unibios 1.2 but I can't get it into japanese unless it's launched into AES mode (regardless of region ) and I change the language from within the game menu from english/spanish to japanese. (MV-2F consolized btw)

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Scanline said:
My copy will go into English and Spanish. using the unibios 1.2 but I can't get it into japanese unless it's launched into AES mode (regardless of region ) and I change the language from within the game menu from english/spanish to japanese. (MV-2F consolized btw)

Are you able to get bouncy mai when in Japan arcade region even though the text is still in english?

Raz

Jet Black

n00b
In addition to the problems with the Uni-Bios, I can't activate Blood in Kof '03 on my MV-1F with original Euro Bios, the Softdip Option Blood On/Off has no effect.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Jet Black said:
In addition to the problems with the Uni-Bios, I can't activate Blood in Kof '03 on my MV-1F with original Euro Bios, the Softdip Option Blood On/Off has no effect.

The blood soft dip does actually work, the problem is that most of the blood effects have been removed in kof2003. For example play with Iori and do the move where you press button C next to your oppenent (sorry I dont know the move name). As he grabs the other players heart blood will come out if the soft dip is on. If the dip is off the effect will be white.

I really need info on unibios region related stuff in thes thread only though please.

Raz

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
bounce

Razoola said:
Are you able to get bouncy mai when in Japan arcade region even though the text is still in english?

Raz

This is the only way I can get jap is in aes mode and change language to Jap but no bounce just jap text.....

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Does the cheat work for you at least to enable bouncy Mai in unibios 1.3?

Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Re: me bouncy

thegreathopper said:
Yes Raz that does work fine......

Thats good at least. Can you please tell me your ROM Region crc for both Mslug5 and kof2003 original MVS versions please ( I only need the ROM Region crc, not the ROM banks). Also if the ROM Region passes or fails the check.

Raz

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
region

Hi Raz..
Metal slug 5 crc is E6D297AF all rom bank checks ok..
KOF2K3 crc is 013818BA all rom bank checks ok..

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Re: region

thegreathopper said:
Hi Raz..
Metal slug 5 crc is E6D297AF all rom bank checks ok..
KOF2K3 crc is 013818BA all rom bank checks ok..

Thanks, does the main kof2003 region pass also?

I think I have found the problem and fix for mslug 5 at least but it requires unibios v1.3.

Simply go into Japan arcade mode and then let the game start (the text should be in English). Now go into test mode and then soft dips and set the metalslug5 language softdip to Japanese (it will probably be set to english). Now exit out and restart the game. It should now be fully in Japanese, Its ok yes?

Can you also confirm that the coin counter only appears on the right side of the screen unless the bios region is USA or you have harddip 2 in the on position? Please test this for both mslug5 and kof2003.

Raz

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
Yes

Hi Raz yes you were right about slug 5, it now plays in Jap with credit on right side only..

KOF2K3 passed all tests, credit on right side only in Jap..

I am using V1.3 bios...

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Re: Yes

thegreathopper said:
Hi Raz yes you were right about slug 5, it now plays in Jap with credit on right side only..

KOF2K3 passed all tests, credit on right side only in Jap..

I am using V1.3 bios...

Ok so thats one situation fixed (I think mslug4 has the same thing), Just kof2003 now.

Can you test kof2003 and make sure that you only get the extra credit counter on the left side when the system is in USA arcade region. When in Euro arcade or Japan arcade it should be on the right side only, is this correct?

Also when in Japan arcade even if the language is in English is Mai bouncy?

Raz

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
KOF2K3

Can you test kof2003 and make sure that you only get the extra credit counter on the left side when the system is in USA arcade region. When in Euro arcade or Japan arcade it should be on the right side only, is this correct? ....Yes this is correct...

Strange soft dip options....
the first 7 seem normal play time,demo sound etc..
The last three are these...

Japanese---blood/off/on/country
Others-----spanish/usa
Country----others/usa

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Re: KOF2K3

thegreathopper said:
Strange soft dip options....
the first 7 seem normal play time,demo sound etc..
The last three are these...

Japanese---blood/off/on/country
Others-----spanish/usa
Country----others/usa

In which game, kof2003 or mslug 5?

In all regions or just Japan arcade?

Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
This looks like a multislot only bug in some of my new code. I take it that kof2003 is not in slot 1. Can you put kof2003 in slot 1 only and have all other slots empty. Then go into the soft dips in japan region and the softdips should display ok.

Can you tell me if this fixes non Japan language problem (confirm soft are set right first).

Raz

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
slot 1

KOF was in slot 4, removed all other carts and put KOF in slot 1, game plays with english text and no bounce..I checked the soft dip every thing is normal, it says jap text in the soft dip but it plays with english text...

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Ok,

With kof2003 in slot 1 can you set the language to Japanese and country to usa in the soft dips and see if that fixes anything.

Also another quick question about kof2003. With the game in slot1 is the font missing if you try and do crc check in the unibios menu? Or is the font missing totally?

Raz

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
KOF2K3

The font is missing just neogeo in red and machine locks up , I have too reboot by turning power off and then on.....
Changing language to usa stays with enlgish text and no bounce...