SamSho V Special(MVS) release only in JAPAN.

puyo2_dash

n00b
SamSho V Special(MVS) release only in JAPAN.
No release foreign version.

2004/04/22
Limited 1600 pcs
208000 yen

sssp01.jpg

http://www.tessin.co.jp/user/index.html

Last edited:

greyimp

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
CurtWRX said:
I wonder if we still might see a US AES release...
That could be entirely possible. Just because the MVS was JP only doesn't stop them from releasing an english home version. I'm just hoping for a full english story mode. Woot! :buttrock:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
Yes, because it won't sell to nearly as many ops as sam sho zero.

OMFG!!!!11!1 The most rarest MVS release EVAR!!

Where the fuck is Tonk!!??!1

Quick, dude, start 17 new SS0 special threads!!

:tickled: :tickled:

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
My best guess is that SNK wants to make Samurai Spirits a Japanese only series from now on, which really disgusts me. Fuck em.

I say it'd take a miracle for this upgraded SS5 to be released stateside.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I wonder what Playmore itself says. I'm not overly worried about them not releasing it here, though. I don't mind Japanese carts, and some will find their way here.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If this news is true I say that it won't see the light of day on the home cart system period.

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
lithy said:
If this news is true I say that it won't see the light of day on the home cart system period.

1,600 piece run is very small indeed. I don't think that I have ever heard of any MVS run being that small. Games with this small of a run don't hit the AES system. I am pretty sure that this game won't have a home cartridge release. If it does, it will only be in Japan since the game is only having a Japanese MVS release. I guess that King of Fighters 2003 will probably end up being the last Neo Geo English home release. However, I am willing to bet that there won't be a Japanese AES release of Samurai 5 Special. We will have to wait and see.

Hellsing

B. Jenet's Firstmate
1,600 pcs is really small run for MVS. I wonder how much the prices will be jacked up by the importers?

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Hello,

Are any forum members living in Japan going to pick this up? If so, I would like to make arrangements with one of you to pick one up for me as well if possible?? :smirk:

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Chances are if they're not even releasing the MVS version in Japan then I'll bet there's no chance of an English story mode.

It wouldn't surprise me though if Shawn was still able to get an English homecart release.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Yeah, it looks like that's it for the English story mode .... oh well.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
wow, did I call this or what? i had a feeling this would be japan only.

Scalpeur

Genam's Azami Sharpener
SNK PLAYMORE officialy annouced the release of the AES version of SS0S so don't worry, it's writen on their web site.
SS0S release

Since kof2k there haden't any US release so why do you worry about SS0S? Do you really think the release of "special us inserts" was really official? It was just a "gift" from playmore because Shawn asked for it ...

But the fact that only 1600 Arcade version of the game willl be released is interesting :)

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Scalpeur said:
SNK PLAYMORE officialy annouced the release of the AES version of SS0S so don't worry, it's writen on their web site.
SS0S release

Yeah, I've seen that link posted a couple of times. Are you sure that necessarily means that this game is getting an AES release?

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
galfordo said:
OMFG!!!!11!1 The most rarest MVS release EVAR!!

Where the fuck is Tonk!!??!1

Quick, dude, start 17 new SS0 special threads!!

:tickled: :tickled:

Yeah... Tonk will post 100 threads about it...

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
galfordo said:
Yeah, I've seen that link posted a couple of times. Are you sure that necessarily means that this game is getting an AES release?

Yeah, it's now officially listed on the new release schedule on the Playmore site.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
tsukaesugi said:
Yeah, it's now officially listed on the new release schedule on the Playmore site.

Ah, the 22nd. I wonder how much longer the production of
the homecart is going to take? (If that ever happens :loco: )