SvC MVS Kits Real or Bootleg?

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
I've been out of the Neo Geo hobby for awhile, so I'm not "in the know" anymore. Are those SvC MVS kits (the cartridge not the board) real? Did Playmore finally make an MVS cart or did someone just get really good at making bootlegs?

Tempest

nothingxs

King's Dry Cleaner
They're apparently real. Arcadeinfinity has them in stock at the moment, I believe. I think Shawn will get some, soon, but noone's really sure.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
I have one.

It's real.

If you want one, buy one.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Another Question

Thanks for the input guys. I have one other question though.

I remember reading about an MVS game called Pochi & Nyaa sometime last year (late Nov. I think). I assume it did indeed come out, but I see almost no mention of it anywhere. Is it really rare like Bang Bead? How many kits were made?

Tempest

nothingxs

King's Dry Cleaner
:drool_2: :drool_2: :drool_2:

Le DURRRRRRR. Thanks SnairDogg for pointing out my blatant retardedness. Hehe.

Yeah, TRIEU has them or something. Go there or whatever.

PESTILENT

Armored Scrum Object
Re: Another Question

Tempest said:
Thanks for the input guys. I have one other question though.

I remember reading about an MVS game called Pochi & Nyaa sometime last year (late Nov. I think). I assume it did indeed come out, but I see almost no mention of it anywhere. Is it really rare like Bang Bead? How many kits were made?

Tempest
Pochi & Nyaa did come out. It was very rare for a week or so, then everybody got them in.
I have no idea how many were made, but I'm sure it was rather limited.
The Neo store had some left, but I just looked and they seem to be gone.
Do a search on here and you'll find a good number of threads about the game. It's a decent puzzler.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Ok so its not an UR release like Bang Bead then. I'll just have to look around I guess.

Anyone know the production numbers on the MVS cart version of SvC was? I've seen people list them as "The rarest MVS game ever", but somehow I doubt that.

Tempest

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
nothingxs said:
:drool_2: :drool_2: :drool_2:

Le DURRRRRRR. Thanks SnairDogg for pointing out my blatant retardedness. Hehe.

Yeah, TRIEU has them or something. Go there or whatever.

sorry for being such a smart ass, I post when I'm drinking most of the time

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Yeah, this whole thing was kinda strange - but they've been verified by quite a few reputable members. Apparently they're the real deal.

Neo-weirdo

Mr. Big's Thug
Tempest said:
I've been out of the Neo Geo hobby for awhile, so I'm not "in the know" anymore. Are those SvC MVS kits (the cartridge not the board) real? Did Playmore finally make an MVS cart or did someone just get really good at making bootlegs?

Tempest

Tempest from Atari Age?:spock:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
These are definately legit, and I have one for 170 shipped if you're interested.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Definitely legit, just is unclear why Playmore was so hush-hush about the release. They were really anal about pricary of SvCC, but it didn't seem to stop teh romz from being dumped.