Do the cherry switch's tab color have a direct relation to the coils tightness?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
EDIT: here's the question:

does the color of the little tab on the switch have a direct relation to the tightness of the coil? and does happ and other companies do this on purpose so the seller can know what sticks have different tightness without testing them?

when I say tab, I mean the little plastic piece on the switch that gets pushed in when the button is pushed...

thanks!

and then there's this rant in my post :)

in an F'n set!!! and the sticks are different! They are the same color and the supposedly the same ultimate stick....which I think they are...

but the tightnesses are different!!! I AM FUCKIN PISSED!!!

the cherry switches have different color little tabs on them, and by tabs, I mean the little piece of plastic that clicks in when you press a button or move the stick around.

one (looser one) has red tabs and the tighter one has white tabs...

The guy tried to tell my it was the fuckin switches and he would send me 4 more but I said HELL NO!!! It has nothing to do with the fuckin switches and the color of the tabs is most likely for the seller to know which sticks have different tightnesses.

So how do I know for sure that it's not the switches? I took the sticks totally apart again and turned them upsidedown like in the picture below. Then I push in the plastic piece in the middle that the stick slides through, and move it around...

ONE IS STILL TIGHTER THEN THE OTHER!!!!!! and nothing is even touching the switches. Even the little instruction sheet says that there are two coils for these...Standard and Hard....

Dscn5624.jpg

I am awaiting another email from the guy, hopefully telling me that he will replace the stick. His first email said he would do it, then he emailed back saying he would send me 4 new switches...

So I email him saying IT'S NOT THE SWITCHESS AND THAT WILL NOT FIX A COIL TIGHTNESS PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what the fuck this guy is thinking....but I am really f'n mad about this!

anyways......here's my question....

are the different color tabs there to tell the seller what tightness the coils are?

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Man there is nothing worse than a tight stick.

I how you get this worked out.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I wouldn't even care if they were both tight....

as long as they were the fuckin same!!! What makes me mad is, when I emailed them directly saying "You messed up and I want a new stick" they said ok....

then, when they red the first email I sent them, asking what the deal was....the changed their mind saying it was the switches..

when there is NO FUCKIN WAY it's the switches!!!!

I think they read the second email first and figured I knew what I was talking about.....and said OK.....then read my first email...which would be lower on their list of emails and they would see it secondly....and figured I didn't know what I was tlaking about and chose to just get out of this with 4 switches instead of a new stick...

even offering zippy switches that they sell with their buttons....because it would be the cheapest for them......imo.

Now that I send them pictures and info that PROVES it's not the switches, they haven't gotten back to me....

and I don't want to leave neg feedback as I will most likely get it in return...

they have 100% at 700+ sales....so I figure they are good folks.....but seriously.... switches making the coil tight when nothing is touching the switches? WTF!!

anyone know about the tab color and tightness relation?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I am right about the coils!!!!

I took the whole dam stick apart and this is what I found!!

here is the picture of the coils out of the sticks completely! You can obviously see that one is thicker and has less rings, making it the tighter coil. The thicker coil came from the stick with white tabs on the switches and the thinner, looser, coil came from the stick with red tabs on the switches.

here is the picture of the actual coils from inside the sticks:

*** In the photo of the coils, the one on the right is the tighter and thicker coil which came from the stick with white tabs, and the coil on your left is the looser spring, that is from the stick with red tabs

Dscn5627.jpg

again: here is the picture with the colored tabs just for reference:

Dscn5624.jpg

I hope this clears up any thought of the tightness having to do with the switches on the sticks.

So, I think I am right! About the different colors on the tabs being having different tightness in the coils....

but is this intentional by Happ? so the seller knows what is what?

If anyone knows more about this then me (which I am sure are a lot of people,lol), please bring out the info!!!

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
That definitely sounds like a problem with the spring/coil and not the switches. I have heard nothing but bad things about the Happ Ultimate stick at the same time though, so maybe there is a consistency problem with their sticks.

If you can get the guy to take the sticks back I would suggest returning these and getting a set of Happ Competition style sticks instead. ( http://www.happcontrols.com/joysticks/competition_joy.htm ) They are much better... I have also heard alot of good things about the Super ( http://www.happcontrols.com/joysticks/super_joy.htm ) I am not sure why they picked the name 'Ultimate' for their Ultimate style joys. Just seems misleading...

Best luck getting this sorted out.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I wasn't able to answer this question for NGT so I'd like to know the answer for my own knowledge .

Please....help::help:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Orochi Iori Y said:
I have heard nothing but bad things about the Happ Ultimate stick at the same time though,

me neither, but these are happs sticks sold in a package from some guy on ebay...and I think he just got the sticks mixed up or got one of a wrong type from happ when he got his bulk order.

I, as the buyer, get the shit end of the stick (no pun intended :) )

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Chris1: but you can see that these coils are not the same and they sent me 2 different sticks right?

count the rings on the coils......

one has 5 rings and is thicker, and the other is thinner and has 7 rings..... :spock:

It's a screw up on their end...right? I mean, this isn't normal for things to get packaged like this? different tightnesses for sticks?

IMO, they should hook me up....as it's not a switch problem and it's the wrong stick.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
NGT said:
me neither, but these are happs sticks sold in a package from some guy on ebay...and I think he just got the sticks mixed up or got one of a wrong type from happ when he got his bulk order.

I, as the buyer, get the shit end of the stick (no pun intended :) )

Yea definitely sucks to get stuck with a bad stick... sounds like one is using a replacement spring or there was a mix up in the assembly of one of them. They should replace the stick or sticks... who knows which one is the bad one?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I really don't think either of them are "bad" just that one has the heavy spring and one has the standard spring....

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
NGT said:
Chris1: but you can see that these coils are not the same and they sent me 2 different sticks right?

count the rings on the coils......

one has 5 rings and is thicker, and the other is thinner and has 7 rings..... :spock:

It's a screw up on their end...right? I mean, this isn't normal for things to get packaged like this? different tightnesses for sticks?

IMO, they should hook me up....as it's not a switch problem and it's the wrong stick.

Yes the coils are different..

Yup,the seller fked up...He should replace them...Lol..send him this thread..

I don't blame you for being Pissed..I'd be pissed..

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
lol, I sent him the pictures, but doubt I will link him here....as I wasn't as nice as I was in the emails....although FIRM, which I am usually not when dealing with online folks...in fear of them just saying F'you! and leaving me hanging....

but it's good to see that others think I got F'd as well....because I thought I was right, but this is the first time taking sticks all the way apart..

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
NGT said:
do you know if you can buy the springs seperately? anywhere?

You can buy them separately from Happ (part numbers in my link), a light spring for ultimate joysticks $0.30 (I've just checked).

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
nevermind, found it...THANKS!!!!!!

Last edited: