MVS 2 slot sound problem

Furrikain

New Challenger
Hi,

Well, here's the deal:

First of all, my cab has somekind of weird pcb with a credit counter and stuff on it, and pretty much all cables go through it (see pic).
The board also has 2 dials to adjust left and right speaker volume.
While adjusting the volume, the sound in the right speaker died and i haven't been able to get it back.

Here's a pic with some things marked:

soundproblem.jpg

1 and 2 are the plugs for the right and left speaker.
A and B are the volume dials for right and left speaker and C is the connector leading to the MVS board.

A is defective (in case you're wondering about the shiny stuff, that's pcb cleaner; i figured i'd see if it would help - which it didn't) I also now the speaker itself works, because when i switch the plugs on the pcb, the sound just shifts from the left to the right.

I'm thinking about soldering a new dial onto the pcb, but i was wondering if there isn't an easier way.

For instance, couldn't i just take the 1 and 2 connectors and just bypass the pcb by soldering em directly to the MVS board? Or perhaps solder them to a headphone plug and use a headphone jack on the MVS board?

I'm not really an electronics whizz and a total MVS n00b, so all suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks for bearing with me and reading this long post ;)

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I think this will get more responses in Tech..

What type of Cab is this etc..?

Furrikain

New Challenger
chris1 said:
I think this will get more responses in Tech..

What type of Cab is this etc..?

It's an ELAM Group N'Styl cab (made in france). That's all i know about it and a google search turned up waaay to much crap to find something reliable; hence my suggestion to just bypass that weird PCB.

How do i get this thread to tech? could one of the mods move it or should i just repost it there?

Thanks for responding :)

EDIT: i'm gonna go ahead and post this again in tech, if any of the mods read this, delete away ;)

Last edited: