NeoWave loke starts today (Beelze!)

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm very interested in what people find out about this. VERY interested....

Spike

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
I'm very interested in what people find out about this. VERY interested....

Spike

KOF 98/2003 with new BGs and a photoshopped title screen :glee:

I am juicy... I will track this baby down and molest it with my sweaty palms.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
k'_127 said:

If it's anything but the above prediction I will eat my own face.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
k'_127 said:

...and just defend

a new kof and its not on the neo

feels so weird...

i gotta pretend i dont care about it...

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Swweet! This can only mean that we are very close to getting to see some videos of the game in action.... :D

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
It´s started.

Kula here, with Saishu and Shingo. (???)
The sound effects are 2002.
Ryo, Takama are like in 02.
WTF !? NO EIJI !????
The drawings are weird.
No KIM !?
Someone is talking about YOUNG GEESE !!!!!

Just to be sure everyone understand : I'm typing as soon as a new message is posted, so most of it may be bulshit.
No Eiji, no Tetsuo, no Anhel.
5 buttons.
3 modes, a Max2 mode, a mode where you can cancel the special moves, etc. The E button is used for mode-only moves, an unblockable in one mode, in Max2 mode it seems to start the mode of KOF02 ( the max hatsudô).
The max2 has no evade moves.
Young Geese was just Andy in disguise.

I think it's real : Kula team = Kula, Saishu, Shingo (WTF!!!!!!!!!?)
Robert = 2002
Amesport team is here.
Ryo's ichigeki hissatsu stuns, with weird effects of thunder and such (maybe common to all the supers ?)

From Iggy, at MMcafe.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
"Someone is talking about YOUNG GEESE !!!!! "

Oh.... oh boy... yahoo. "someone" is talking about geese. What crappy news that was.

I hope to god it's not five buttons. Hmm.

Spike

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Spike Spiegel said:
"Someone is talking about YOUNG GEESE !!!!! "

Oh.... oh boy... yahoo. "someone" is talking about geese. What crappy news that was.

I hope to god it's not five buttons. Hmm.

Spike

The AW is 5 buttons. That was a given.

And the loke just started. Didn´t you ever read anything about lokes? It´s always like this. Lots of BS with real stuff.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Dio_Brando said:
The AW is 5 buttons. That was a given.

And the loke just started. Didn´t you ever read anything about lokes? It´s always like this. Lots of BS with real stuff.

First of all, just because it's got five buttons doesn't mean they all will be used. The series spent 10 years with just four buttons, and many games on the system don't even use all five yet. So it's a given, is it?

And DUH, I'm aware that loke tests are full of both real info and pure shit.

Can't wait to get some solid news on this. So far, I won't believe what's in that post... yet.

Spike

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Sammy wanted 3rd party support. They wanted SNKP´s games and characters. The 5th button was a clear choice to me. Just pick a BC, AB, CD move and put it there.

They wanted SNKP to show-off, like "here, we can have popular games too".

Iori's teammate are Mature and Vice.
Athena is with Kensou and Chin.
Jhun, Choi, Chang in Korea.

Someone is eating shit because K9999 is not there. Then, someone says the sounds effects are SvC, and the Amesupo is not here. No Kim, NO BIG, NO KRAUZER !?
Oh craaaaap... PUT ALL THIS TOGETHER PEOPLE !!!!!

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Dio_Brando said:
Sammy wanted 3rd party support. They wanted SNKP´s games and characters. Do you really think they would pick them like that and no use them fully? The 5th button was a clear choice to me. Just pick a BC, AB, CD move and put it there.

But WHY would they do that when it seems that they are just recycling old KOF sprites. I'm talking OLD sprites. At least in the Neo versions, there would be a redrawn kick or punch.... :rolleyes:

Oh well, thanks for the info so far. Damn loke test business. Can't wait to see more screens and so on, too.

Spike

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
K', Maxima, Whip.
Ryo, Robert, Takuma.
King, Yuri, Mai.
VANESSA SETH RAMON.
Terry, Andy, Joe.
Kusanagi Beni, Daimon (KUSANAGI!? I guess he means Kyo, RIIIGHT,)
Leona Ralf Clark
Yamazaki Billy Mary

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Spike Spiegel said:
But WHY would they do that when it seems that they are just recycling old KOF sprites. I'm talking OLD sprites. At least in the Neo versions, there would be a redrawn kick or punch.... :rolleyes:

Oh well, thanks for the info so far. Damn loke test business. Can't wait to see more screens and so on, too.

Spike

I understand perfectly what you mean.

But i always had a feeling that Sammy was into this because they see that KOF 2002 is still the big-shot in arcades. After 2 years, still number 2.

So they wanted a piece of it.

They have money to grab SNKP, so...

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Young Geese has his stage of AoF 2.
The reppuken is copipe-d from SvC.

So far, it's 2002 -K9999, Angel, Mey Lee, Kim + King, Shingo, Jhun, Saishu.

But even if they are not here at all, there is still the possibility the others will be unlockable with the card thing of the Atomiswave.
There seems to be some room for more characters on the select screen.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:

because playing the same game with the same sprites ( even older than the ones we got in 2003 )

but with shitty 3d bgs on the AW,is somehow considered "cool" and "avant garde" and "modern" by some people

and the funny thing is,
the only valid reason why AW > Neo

is because you could have more than 42 characters

but everybody knows they're just never gonna release a game with 100 characters in it,so fuck you sammy,and fuck you praymore

i'm particularly bitter because 2003 is such a good game...

there was no reason to kill the neo

neo games were the most popular in japanese arcades

neo games and virtua 4 evo,i mean

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Fran said:
because playing the same game with the same sprites ( even older than the ones we got in 2003 )

but with shitty 3d bgs on the AW,is somehow considered "cool" and "avant garde" and "modern" by some people

and the funny thing is,
the only valid reason why AW > Neo

is because you could have more than 42 characters

but everybody knows they're just never gonna release a game with 100 characters in it,so fuck you sammy,and fuck you praymore

i'm particularly bitter because 2003 is such a good game...

there was no reason to kill the neo

neo games were the most popular in japanese arcades

neo games and virtua 4 evo,i mean

No one is really more pissed about KOF on AW w/ no new sprites than me.

But they didn't kill the Neo for the graphics of the AW. They killed it cause of boots. This is a buisness after all you know.

Maybe they'll actually update the sprites in the next game. Oh well, I just hope the game plays well.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
No Kim and Eiji? Old sprites? I think SNKP needs to consider that if this game turns out terrible, it's going to leave a VERY sour taste in peoples mouths. They really need to do something exceptional if they want people to embrace the atomiswave with open arms. Heres to hoping it plays well..

Setsuna1982

World Her,
this is kof neowave.

not kof2004. wait kof2004 to flame sammy/snkp. Let's think of "kof NW" as a recopilation and "kof2k4" as the real deal.

but if 2k4 have the same sprites.... then... well...

I really think that 2k4 should be in hi-res... although looking recent titles it looks very unlikely.

oh... the lazyness.... :rolleyes:

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
andsuchisdeath said:
No Kim and Eiji? Old sprites? I think SNKP needs to consider that if this game turns out terrible, it's going to leave a VERY sour taste in peoples mouths. They really need to do something exceptional if they want people to embrace the atomiswave with open arms. Heres to hoping it plays well..

From the first shots i felt this was kof 2002 in high-res. But i trulky believed the roster would be MASSIVE.

So far, it looks like i was wrong.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
sorry I don't buy that 'its not kof '04 so its ok'. This is ment to be new technology and Paymore are apparently showing that they have 0 intention to flex their muscles on this. this is playing it safe, waaaaaay safe. If they stray from the graphics style that made KOF a hit, maybe people would loose interest:eek: or not recognise it :crying:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Just because its not KOF '04 doesn't give an excuse to suck. Especially since its the debut game.