MVS Graphic glitches HELP

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
I recently got a second handed MVFZ so I could use the uni BIOS, but I'm getting this strange problem when playing Puzzle Bobble:

If I play the game in my MV1C it runs flawlessly, however when I play it in the MVFZ unit, I get lots of graphic glitches, mainly at the sides of the screen. :annoyed:

I tried cleaning both the cart and the board, but still I get the glitches. Also all the rest of my carts, run perfectly on both motherboards.

Anyone knows what might be causing this?

thanks,

[OCEAN]

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
[OCEAN] said:
I recently got a second handed MVFZ so I could use the uni BIOS, but I'm getting this strange problem when playing Puzzle Bobble:

If I play the game in my MV1C it runs flawlessly, however when I play it in the MVFZ unit, I get lots of graphic glitches, mainly at the sides of the screen. :annoyed:

I tried cleaning both the cart and the board, but still I get the glitches. Also all the rest of my carts, run perfectly on both motherboards.

Anyone knows what might be causing this?

thanks,

[OCEAN]

Just to narrow one thing down..
Is the Puzzle Bobble a boot or have Eproms..or is it a Solid Rom chip game..

I wonder if a problems occur when a boot Puzzle Bobble
or Eprom Puzzle Bobble is being played in a mother board with a uni BIOS installed..

I've never put a Puzzle Bobble in the Candy 4 slot with UNI BIOS.

Hmm I wonder If I would get the same effect..
But,both my Puzzle Bobbles have Eproms..Two different sets of boards..

I'd figure that the Uni Bios chip isn't recognizing a chip..(something I know nothing about)

Or the cart is just not seating right..

Maybe certain connector points on the mother board are bent to far back since it's a second hand unit...to the point of not making a good connection with that cart.

Some games may not require that certain connection to operate..

Warped board on the cart maybe..
Are the pcbs/boards in the cart loose or tight..?

Try pulling the cart out a bit..

neo1087

Bead Banger
Re: Re: MVS Graphic glitches HELP

chris1 said:
Just to narrow one thing down..
Is the Puzzle Bobble a boot or have Eproms..or is it a Solid Rom chip game..

I wonder if a problems occur when a boot Puzzle Bobble
or Eprom Puzzle Bobble is being played in a mother board with a uni BIOS installed..

I've never put a Puzzle Bobble in the Candy 4 slot with UNI BIOS.

Hmm I wonder If I would get the same effect..
But,both my Puzzle Bobbles have Eproms..Two different sets of boards..

I'd figure that the Uni Bios chip isn't recognizing a chip..(something I know nothing about)

Or the cart is just not seating right..

Maybe certain connector points on the mother board are bent to far back since it's a second hand unit...to the point of not making a good connection with that cart.

Some games may not require that certain connection to operate..

Warped board on the cart maybe..
Are the pcbs/boards in the cart loose or tight..?

Try pulling the cart out a bit..
Well,i have a bootleg Puzzle Bobble that i got from a member of these boareds for free,and when i play,i just get garbled sound,and very few graphical glitches...So it may be that the cart is bootleg,if not,try cleaning it thoroughly.Hope that helps

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Thanks for the answers.

I checked the boards of the cart and has a couple of windowed eeproms, but still looks legit to me, what do you people think? Here are some pics:

pb1.jpg

pb2.jpg

I also made the CRC check with the uni bios and recognizes the game (ID 0083) and CRC is OK

I also revised the connectors on the board and all of them seem to be in order and in the correct position. I also tightened the screws of the cart to make sure the boards weren't loose.

Still, I get all the graphic glitches on the screen on the MVFZ, and perfect performace with the MV1C

Any other ideas?
Thanks,

[OCEAN]

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Original cart.. and are we talking about flashing pixels? If so, it's probably the +5 line. My PB cart will flash at anything above 5.00.... Same with KOF2000. But, it only has this problem on a 2 slot. On a 4 slot it can run fine at 5.15 (where I usualy run my MVS setup). I'd say tweak around with the +5, try 5.00 or near and see if they go away.

-Nick

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
nruva said:
Original cart.. and are we talking about flashing pixels? If so, it's probably the +5 line. My PB cart will flash at anything above 5.00.... Same with KOF2000. But, it only has this problem on a 2 slot. On a 4 slot it can run fine at 5.15 (where I usualy run my MVS setup). I'd say tweak around with the +5, try 5.00 or near and see if they go away.

-Nick

Great! That worked, and also a high pitch buzz that I was having has dissapeared :buttrock:

Thanks for the help man!

[OCEAN]

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
[OCEAN] said:
Great! That worked, and also a high pitch buzz that I was having has dissapeared :buttrock:

Thanks for the help man!

[OCEAN]

Awesome!!..I'm glad it's all fixed..

Shoot,I must take note of Nicks repair info..I would of never thought of that..
I learn something everyday....thanks Nick..:buttrock: