Deep Thoughts...

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
Well, since another Euro Kizuna sold for the same price as one of these, I figured that this would be a little relevant.

Anyways, I am reading an essay in English class called The Work Of Art In The Age Of Mechanical Reproduction by Walter Benjamin. There are a lot of things in this essay that will provoke a lot of thinking, but the item that is relevant for Euro Kizuna is the concept of an "aura": that is, a great work of art, like the Mona Lisa, retains it's beauty and popularity, despite countless reproductions, like a poster or a photograph. What I thought would be interesting would be what would happen if the aura would be applied in reverse. Some great works of art also get an aura if there are very few mechanical reproductions. I brought this up in class, and of course mentioned Euro Kizuna, as well as the English language Panzer Dragoon Saga, just to bring up another obscure game that nobody in the class but me heard of. :glee:

So, what I'm getting to is this question: why is Euro Kizuna so highly desirable when the Japanese AES version is going for three figures instead of five, and the MVS version goes for as low as two figures? It could be the aura in reverse. I've been hearing mixed reviews, so it can't possibly be the gameplay. Could it be the aura in reverse? Or am I crazy? Discuss. :smirk: