MVS Help

icoNsx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
replaced my 4-slot with a 6-slot and everything worked fine. Then i changed some settings in the soft dip free game select & no intro volume. now the 1st player button-A doesnt work. I switch back to the 4-slot, button-A still not working.
The buttons not broken, cause my 1-slot works fine. I also put in a new button just to make sure. could it be a power supply problem? Ive had the 4-slot in the cab for a month now with no problems utils this. Anyone else with this problem?
Thanks Tony

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
icoNsx said:
replaced my 4-slot with a 6-slot and everything worked fine. Then i changed some settings in the soft dip free game select & no intro volume. now the 1st player button-A doesnt work. I switch back to the 4-slot, button-A still not working.
The buttons not broken, cause my 1-slot works fine. I also put in a new button just to make sure. could it be a power supply problem? Ive had the 4-slot in the cab for a month now with no problems utils this. Anyone else with this problem?
Thanks Tony

Did you change the switch within that new A button..?

A wire must be off..or a ground to that button..

Run the wiring to the harness and see if it's split/off/loose or broken.

Do you have a Digi Meter..Voltage meter.?

Go into Harware test through the test switch..Check to see if this button is working through there..

icoNsx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Ive change 2 different buttons. when I go into testmode I cant select the hardware settings cuase buton-A wont work. I will barrow a multi-meter tommorow. What should I be checking for?
BTW the 6-slot is a Jap version. does it matter?

icoNsx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I also touch the pos and neg wires on button-A. still not working.
Thanks Tony

icoNsx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
just tested the 6-slot in another cab, it works fine. I guess ill recheck the harness tonight.:help:
Tony

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
Like Chris1 said, check the wire for button A coming off the JAMMA harness and make sure that it didn't come lose anywhere. Also, make sure the ground wire for button A didn't come lose from the button or from the ground line that it runs to.

icoNsx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I might of found the problem. No problems found on the harness so I put the 6-slot back in with 6 carts in, the board wouldnt boot. I took out 3 carts now the board works great. I think the power supply is not giving enough juice. Can someone recomend me good power supply to buy. Anyone try the $25 15amp one on ebay?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
icoNsx said:
I might of found the problem. No problems found on the harness so I put the 6-slot back in with 6 carts in, the board wouldnt boot. I took out 3 carts now the board works great. I think the power supply is not giving enough juice. Can someone recomend me good power supply to buy. Anyone try the $25 15amp one on ebay?

Best one..The proper Replacement

http://www.happcontrols.com/powersupplies/80007200.htm
http://www.hardmvs.com/html/powerSupply.htm
80007200.gif

This one will work too..It's what I use...No external on off switch though..(cheaper)
http://www.happcontrols.com/powersupplies/80001500.htm
80001500.gif