SNK tournaments at Evo? Who'd of thought.

UnCauzi

Crazed MVS Addict
Well I would have! I'm sorry if this is flat out spammage but I think there's some people on this site who may dig competeing against freinds and foes at one of the largest fighting game expositions in the United States.

SNK Tournament at EVO2k4!

Do you want a piece?

Also look for the tournament coming in October at
www.fierceslash.com, Overdose 2k4, it's do or die time!

UnCauzi
www.fierceslash.com
[/spam]

Kof98: 14
Kayin
Judgement Day
Terry Fanatic
Nothingxs
Kono
Josh theFunkDoc
D
Hellslap
Oldman
TheMuffinMan
iceman212
the answer
NoEscape
N-Ken

KOF2k2: 11
CapcomandSNK
Terry Fanatic
Nothingxs
Kono
Jadedbutterfly
hellslap
(hypothetical random participants from 10-20)
(hypothetical hispanics)
(aka this will be one random mofo)
iceman212
the answer
Dreamcast Freak
NoEscape
2d_Empire

KOF2k3: 17
Jaydubn
Hellfromabove
Master Giby
CapcomandSNK
Shinboi00
Queen of Combat
Hellslap
shadwpheonix
yagami2k3
Greed
AzerZaldivar
PingPong
TheMuffinMan
iceman212
the answer
NoEscape
King LowTier

Garou:MOTW: 29
Jaydubn
Hellfromabove
Master Giby
CapcomANDSnk
UnCauzi
Kayin
FatalFuryD
Lovelessemotion
Southtownkid
StompOutLoud
Shinobi00
Nothingxs
Kono
JadedButterfly
Josh TheFunkDoc
D
Queen of Combat
Hellslap
Shdwpheonix
Oldman
Thongboy Bebop
TheMuffinMan
Iceman212
Dreamcast Freak
2d_Empire
King LowTier
BlueMary69
DVS1
N-Ken

SSII: 7
JayDubn
Kaisingrz
UnCauzi
StompOutLoud
Shinboi00
Josh TheFunk Doc
Yumi Saotome

SS0: 12
UnCauzi
Lovelessemotion
Madcowlms
Devils Tooth
Amy
StompOutLoud
Ukyo Tachibana
Josh TheFunkDoc
Greed
Yumi Saotome
Thongboy Bebop
TheMuffinMan

SvC: 8
Lovelessemotion
Terry Fanatic
Shin Contra
Hellfromabove
W3s
BlueMary69
Iceman212
Thomas

Entry fees will be based on the amount of players, in the meantime just the entry fee is projected to be 5 bucks to encourage more players to play.

Last edited:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Where's Evo usually located at?

UnCauzi said:
Well I would have! I'm sorry if this is flat out spammage but I think there's some people on this site who may dig competeing against freinds and foes at one of the largest fighting game expositions in the United States.

SNK Tournament at EVO2k4!

Do you want a piece?

Also look for the tournament coming in October at
www.fierceslash.com, Overdose 2k4, it's do or die time!

UnCauzi
www.fierceslash.com
[/spam]

firebomber

Astra Superstar
edit: giby beat me to it.
It is in Pomona from July 29th through Aug 1st. Too bad that it's so far away from me. I wish they held it in a more central location.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
xtoo_short20x said:
Thanks for the info. Are you attending?

I plan to enter in Evolution for Super Smash Bros Melee, SFA 3, CvS2 and if I get good enough at it, SF3TS.

I will enter this SNK tourney just for Garou, I might ebter a KOF, but I'm still not sure yet.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I definitely want to check this out... and the location is perfect. If it's console play, Old Style sticks are perfect, but if it's on cabs I hope it's japanese sticks and buttons. Will it be held at an arcade?

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
SouthtownKid said:
I definitely want to check this out... and the location is perfect. If it's console play, Old Style sticks are perfect, but if it's on cabs I hope it's japanese sticks and buttons. Will it be held at an arcade?

Posted by Mr. Wizard over @ SRK
Shoryuken.com is proud to present Evolution 2004! The biggest and baddest fighting game tournament is back. The dates this year are July 29-August 1. Cal Poly Pomona is the stomping grounds of this year's event, so get those plane tickets reserved and start making plans for the greatest fighting game tournament in the history of fighting game tournaments.

The final game list and the Evolution 2004 website will be up in the next few weeks, so stay tuned!

For more information on Cal Poly Pomona, visit their website at Cal Poly Pomona .

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Hah,

Where at in Pomona? I used to work for a Ambulance Co. based out of there :smirk: . I know the area pretty well, I think there is an arcade down the street on Colorado blvd. from the headquarters? :cool:

UnCauzi

Crazed MVS Addict
1st post will be updated regularly with the attendance list.

Last edited:

EMAGDNIM

Vice's Love Slave
It good to have more SNK stuff in it...the DVD will be great...

UnCauzi

Crazed MVS Addict
The DVD will not have any SNK stuff in it because the SNK tournaments are not OFFICIAL to Evolution. In other words we are not part of their tournament lineup.

I just recieved permission from the staff to setup my own tournament in the general gaming lounge that www.fierceslash.com is sponsoring. However it will not go down if we don't have enough support so if you're planning on playing say so and I'll put you on the list.

If enough people do sign up we do plan on recording matches and making them available to the community.

Last edited:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I'm glad its happening, yet sad I'm not back in the states to attend. Lord knows I'd be all over KOF98 like white on rice. KOF98 can do no wrong:buttrock:

KOF98 should be a staple at every major tournament like Super Turbo is cuz in my eyes, KOF98 is the SNK equivalent of Super turbo(along with FFS, of course). its just the must have game.

I also have high hopes for MOTW. Sure I don't like it as much as 3s but its a good game and when you get a lot of competition for it then it will push it to new levels and open up new things within the game. MOTW has potential to be big I think.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Holy crap, who signed me up for MotW? I guess I better learn to play. I would've been more likely to sign up for '02 I think, but oh well. I'll try to adapt. No chance of adding RB2 to the list, is there? Any RB2 players here...?

UnCauzi

Crazed MVS Addict
SouthtownKid said:
Holy crap, who signed me up for MotW? I guess I better learn to play. I would've been more likely to sign up for '02 I think, but oh well. I'll try to adapt. No chance of adding RB2 to the list, is there? Any RB2 players here...?

Oops sorry about that, I guess I got mixed up in all the adding subtracting, deleting :P But yah updating first post right after this one. And I wouldn't mind adding RB2 to the list at all, but there would probably be only 3 people that would co-sign for it : |

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
UnCauzi said:
Oops sorry about that, I guess I got mixed up in all the adding subtracting, deleting :P But yah updating first post right after this one. And I wouldn't mind adding RB2 to the list at all, but there would probably be only 3 people that would co-sign for it : |
It's cool, I been meaning to learn Garou anyway... this gives me an excuse. I agree RB2 probably won't draw the big numbers, but maybe you could put it on the list anyway (and sign me up). If not enough people are interested, you could always take it back off later, but you never know...

SNKJorge

I am proposing a KOF2K1 tourney?
If not then I'd enter KOF'98 or '02. Don't worry I suck, I only
collect games, not.:glee:

Btw, how far is the LAX from Pomona?

SNKJorge

Could anyone give me the specific address of this place?
Or is it not decided yet?

Btw, just checked the hotel rates around the area, specially
the ones close to the airport. About $65-$110 Per Night,
not bad. Three nights right? Ontario is the closest airport?

Last edited:

UnCauzi

Crazed MVS Addict
Tourney list update!

I've updated the list for participants in the SNK tourney at EVO2k4! If you don't see your name listed and plan on attending let me know!

UnCauzi/DeadDogSamurai
www.fierceslash.com