New KOF : MI screens (4/6/04)

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Meh, it has that artificial CGI look to it :rolleyes:.

AztekNinja

Fire Starter, Instigator, the guy from RE5
I have a bad feeling that its going to tank all stupid.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Originally posted on that other website
First comment
Posted by QuaiD
YAwn, this has been all over the wb since last week
If it plays like Wild Ambition (Hyper version), I'll actually be happy.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Me too, for the most part I liked WA but on the PS1 the graphics weren't that great and the sound was very... mono-y. :)

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Ugh...that does not look good.:envy:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I think the backgrounds look great in those pics.. especially the church(?).

I can't really say much about the characters until I see it in action, but it looks pretty good so far. Keep in mind, it's beta and the characters haven't been given final polish.

Looks good.. but how does it play?

The BEAST3

Dodgeball Yakuza
Yeah, the characters look good, especially Kyo. I didn't like Ryo's Fireball, looks kine of lame. Overall, looks great, but I am curious to see how it plays:drool_2:

breal

Hardened Shock Trooper
What a piece of shit, some games just aren't meant to be 3-d. Leave that to Tekken and Virtua Fighter. Looking at that makes me want to just stop gaming period. Is there any hope for the neo on the A-wave?

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
breal said:
What a piece of shit, some games just aren't meant to be 3-d. Leave that to Tekken and Virtua Fighter. Looking at that makes me want to just stop gaming period.

So stop. You´ll be doing us a favor.

kc

Belnar Institute Student
As for the Graphics they look like PSONE CGG to me. Is it called CGG i fogot its looks like the cut scenes.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
I gotta feeling this is gonna be about as effective as Castlevania on the Nintendo 64 was...ugh.:oh_no:

kc

Belnar Institute Student
Sundance said:
I gotta feeling this is gonna be about as effective as Castlevania on the Nintendo 64 was...ugh.:oh_no:

Crap. i was so dissaponited with that game, i sold my n64

Molloy

n00b
I think it looks pretty reasonable really. SNKP certainly don't seem to confident about it though, otherwise they would have launched it in the arcade. This feels a bit like an experiment.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I think experiment is a real good word for it. As for releasing it in the arcade, I think they're realizing like Capcom seems to be, that it is just an expensive middle step before the more lucrative console sales. A lot of people are no longer as motivated to pump $100 in quarters into a game they can flat out own for $30, if they can wait for 6 months.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Kazuki Dash said:
I dunno, maybe it's just me but...

other than screen shots with Terry, Ralf, Ryo, Yuri & Kyo
this seemed to have NOTHING that felt at all like KOF...

oh it looks nice and all, but it looks like a Virtua Fighter/Tekken wannabe with KOF characters thrown in as a selling ploy...

I really hope I'm wrong, but after reading what that site called a "story" I'm afraid for KOF's legacy...
:oh_no:

seems my opinion from the other thread has not changed yet...
:crying:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Kazuki Dash said:
seems my opinion from the other thread has not changed yet...
:crying:
S'okay, they're the same pictures, too.

I don't agree with you about the story though. I kind of like the 'gangs of Southtown' story (ala Warriors) better than the 'clones and space stations with rocket blimps, etc.' story. Which is not to say I didn't like KOF 2000 and '01, some of my favorite KOF characters of all time come from there (Vanessa, Ramon, Angel...). I just like the more down to earth stuff more. I guess this story feels more like a Fatal Fury than KOF, which is more than fine with me.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
SouthtownKid said:
I guess this story feels more like a Fatal Fury than KOF, which is more than fine with me.

the only problem I have is that with a story scaled down enough to belong in a Double Dragon or Final Fight game, I can't for the life of me understand how they expect us to swallow how characters like the Ikari Team are supposed to give a rat's ass about a squabble among some lowlifes in SouthTown...FF and AOF characters sure, but anyone else?
:eek_2:

snkool

Camel Slug
SouthtownKid said:
S'okay, they're the same pictures, too.

I don't agree with you about the story though. I kind of like the 'gangs of Southtown' story (ala Warriors) better than the 'clones and space stations with rocket blimps, etc.' story. Which is not to say I didn't like KOF 2000 and '01, some of my favorite KOF characters of all time come from there (Vanessa, Ramon, Angel...). I just like the more down to earth stuff more. I guess this story feels more like a Fatal Fury than KOF, which is more than fine with me.

Agreed. If this story was implanted in a Fatal Fury game, it may have been one of the best FF stories ever, excluding the stuff directly relating to Terry.

Reality Check

World Hero
Kazuki Dash said:
the only problem I have is that with a story scaled down enough to belong in a Double Dragon or Final Fight game, I can't for the life of me understand how they expect us to swallow how characters like the Ikari Team are supposed to give a rat's ass about a squabble among some lowlifes in SouthTown...FF and AOF characters sure, but anyone else?
:eek_2:

It'll make sense if the Ikari Team is in it. SNKP could make a story saying that the gangs have connections with a terrorist group and they were sent to check it out.

Kyo could be written into it as well. Gang could have kidnapped Kyo girlfriend or somethin.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
kc said:
Crap. i was so dissaponited with that game, i sold my n64

Did you sell your Neo after Legend of Success Joe game out? :p