!MORE HELP PLEASE! Whats The Difference?

UNREAL

n00b
I'm confused because I want to buy a NEO GEO but don't know how to really go about it really because I see so many systems Silver, Gold, Mega , Super , and Ultra Neo Geo AES systems what is the best one to buy? :help:

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Do you have a S-Video capable TV?

Do you prefer Stereo sound over Monoaural?

Do you want a Debug BIOS?

UNREAL

n00b
yes I have a S-video TV and I want everything or whatever the systems needs to work at its best

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
You want to buy a AES system here at the forums? I believe many people are selling nice modded systems, just check the "Neo Selling" section and look for one that has S-Video, Stereo output and a Debug BIOS, don't pay attention to the title, read the description.

UNREAL

n00b
thanks and from what I was told Ebay was the best place to get AES carts and systems along with this site so I'll try my luck here thanks alot

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Silver---AES, 1 stick, no game
Gold---AES, 2 sticks, game
Mega/Super/Ultra---Modified AES

The modified AES is the most expensive and cost around $600 for a fully modified system. In an effort to make the system more appealing to buyers SNK offered the Gold and Silver packages, with the silver being the least expensive of the two. Hardware wise there is no difference between a AES that was sold as a Silver package VS a system sold as the GOLD package.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
I still don't understand why fully modded systems are so expensive... modding it yourself is easy, and extremely cheap.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Mushiki said:
I still don't understand why fully modded systems are so expensive... modding it yourself is easy, and extremely cheap.

Nah, not really. You can easily ruin an AES board if you're slippery with the soldering gun. Buying a modded system for 600 bucks is a bit outlandish, but paying 110-120 for a nice mod job is definitely worth it IMO.

Oh, and just to add something to this thread:

Mega and Super usually imply S-video, stereo, composite video, and debug bios, while Ultra usually implies all of those features plus RGB output. Also, the ultra machines are done by !Arcade!, a pretty well-respected Neo Geo shop.

Neo Ash

I think the last fully modified system that sold at the NeoStore was a little over $550...maybe $570. If someone find the link please post it.

quixux

Crossed Swords Squire
UNREAL said:
thanks alot Neo Ash much appreciated

Dude, just buy a regular aes, and then have JMKurtz mod it for you. He's great, been doing the mods for a very long time. You can trust him. 600 for a modded system is fucking stupid, when you can have the jobs done for under 100.

dolphinATX

Banned
quixux said:
Dude, just buy a regular aes, and then have JMKurtz mod it for you. He's great, been doing the mods for a very long time. You can trust him. 600 for a modded system is fucking stupid, when you can have the jobs done for under 100.

for 600 bucks you could get a cab shipped to you, a nice one too.

Neo Ash

I think my post was misunderstood. I was speaking of a pro fully modded boxed AES in excellent or better condition with everything needed to play along with a couple of sticks. A complete system like this would be between 550 to 600 at the NeoStore. Yes, you can get something for less...you pay for what you get in terms of condition, mod quality, and accessories included.