no sound on sf2 championship ed. board

showryeyoucan

Quiz Detective
I've searched the forums here for any problem that said "no sound", but nothing has worked for me.

i made my first supergun, and everything worked fine on the first try (complete surprise) except I'm getting no sound. I'm using the wires designated on the jamma harness as Speaker+ and Speaker -

i was using a line out converter to send the sound to a receiver, but was thinking that may be the problem. I tried hooking it up to a regular speaker, but was thinking maybe 6" 3 way speaker was too much for the board. can u hook it up to a regular speaker?

what steps should I take to diagnose the problem? i got this multimeter but I don't really no how to use it!

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
Have you tried turning the volume up on the PCB? Assuming its not a bootleg board, there should be a small knob near the JAMMA connector on the board.

EDIT-I use my SF2 board with a 6" 3 way speaker and it works fine.

showryeyoucan

Quiz Detective
unfortunately I found out it is a bootleg board, but it works fine. The guy I bought it from said the sound worked, but said he would exchange it for another one if I wanted. Hopefully that aint a bootleg!

Do the CPSI boards require -5 volts? I have it hooked up, but maybe that is the line the sound processor uses.

-edit-

I checked the -5 line off the power supply, and it was reading around -4. It's a computer power supply- so is there anything I can do to get it to -5?

I'll hook it up to the board later to see how much is getting to the jamma connector.

Last edited:

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
The -5 isn't required for CPS1 games. It was most commonly used on the 90's Midway games(MK, KI, etc.).