Sorry but Samurai shodown 5 sucks...............

Parallax

Ninja Combat Warrior
The jap. presentation has great prematch segments, endings, etc.
but on us nothing but round after round of strait fighting and then a credit roll

MVS is one thing but if I owned a us aes and shelled out the high price for a home cart that was like this I'd be pissed!

I see no reason for the difference

Robert

20 Year Member
IMHO the slowd own when you hit a character with a strong blow has destroy the whole serie's gameplay. Just my 0.02 cents.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
SS0 has its share of bad points, but it most definitely does not suck.

The good things about it far outweigh the bad.

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
i haven't even played the game yet, so i can't comment on it's suckability (though my inner fanboy tells me i'll like it no matter what). However, i have seen some jp match videos, so i can say with a certainty that the music in this game ROCKS THE HOUSE FOR ALL THE YOUNG (japanese) LADIES!!!!!

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
WTF!!!!

SS0 does NOT suck
no SS does
It's my fave series ever, more than any fucking KoFs
not the best ever, but I prefer it than IV and I
can't wait for get special

oh...and btw
I like Rancid too...:make_fac:

Freelancer

Banned
I'm still playing my copy.
There's a lot of depth to this game...I recommend using Basara and Kusaregedo to get maximum enjoyment from the game.

kc

Belnar Institute Student
maybe i just need to give it more time,

BTW

-new characters suck (sorry but they do)
-BG arnt that impressive
-one hard slash and 2/3's of your life bar is gone
-fuck that dude with the gun and 3 whores.

:emb:

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
kc said:
-one hard slash and 2/3's of your life bar is gone

Uhhh... I'm guessing you've never played a Samurai Shodown game then.. :oh_no:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I've only seen videos and pics of this game and haven't played it yet, but I'm very excited about it and can't wait to get special on MVS cart. I'm not very good at any of the early ss games, but I'm learn more every time I play.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
kc said:
2life bars Vs. one

All the SamShos cept for 4 have one life bar... One SamSho a doesn't make the whole series...

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
:lol:
The new characters suck? :help:
Dude....:shame:
Yunfei is bad ass
Sankuro is Genious (Please let him be in SPECIAL and playable!!!)
If I had to dislike a Samurai Shodown it would be the 1st installment only because it looks abit outdated...and that's a hard decision because the 1st installment introduced sooo much to the fighting game genre,it has soo much personality...
bah.
If I had to criticize Samsho V it would be that it does'nt have fatalities and the AI is not as challenging as previous installments..
I also am not a fan of the artwork layout of NGH retail packages.
Yuki did an excellent job though..
Samurai Shodown is the best series of releases on Neo geo BAR NONE..this coming from a fan of Fatal Fury.
-BB

Last edited:

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
so shall I get 5 and special, as I want 2 buy JPN 5 for the endings but what will special have ?, will it have endngs or will it be like KOF 98 N 2002 . endings wise. If special endings r diff to 5 , then I will get both ?
all I want is someone 2 answer the Q please

kc

Belnar Institute Student
BIG BEAR said:
:lol:
The new characters suck? :help:
Dude....:shame:
Yunfei is bad ass
Sankuro is Genious (Please let him be in SPECIAL and playable!!!)
If I had to dislike a Samurai Shodown it would be the 1st installment only because it looks abit outdated...and that's a hard decision because the 1st installment introduced sooo much to the fighting game genre,it has soo much personality...
bah.
If I had to criticize Samsho V it would be that it does'nt have fatalities and the AI is not as challenging as previous installments..
I also am not a fan of the artwork layout of NGH retail packages.
Yuki did an excellent job though..
Samurai Shodown is the best series of releases on Neo geo BAR NONE..this coming from a fan of Fatal Fury.
-BB

Dont! get me wrong i love! samuai shodown 2 and 4 but 5 i just cant get used to.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
SS5 has way better gameplay than 3 and 4 did, this one is on par with Sam Sho 2 if you ask me, if you hate it cause of a few characters and bg's then there must be something wrong with you.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Master Giby said:
SS5 has way better gameplay than 3 and 4 did, this one is on par with Sam Sho 2 if you ask me, if you hate it cause of a few characters and bg's then there must be something wrong with you.

Get with it Giby, everyone knows that nit-picking over minor details in a Neo game is what all the cool kids are doing these days. Helplessly unhip=yuo. ;)