MN members: Announcing the summer 2004 Neo Get together!!!

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Thats right folks! It's time again for another one of those epic Minnesota gaterings! You might be wondering why so soon? Well, since each year gets bigger and better, we decided that we really should to have 2 each year: One in the summer, and one in the winter! This will be Minnesota's first year hosting two gatherings, and we can't wate to see old and new faces alike!

So, here's the basic info:

The Place

The Tearrace room at CriterionRadiohead's APT

The Date

Saturday, June 5th, 2004

The Time

Noon till whenever!

We wanted to announce this early so that everye has plenty of time to plan. Summer Vacation will just be starting for most, so we felt it a good day to have the gathering. Also, this early announcement will give plenty of time for you to figure out what to bring, and if any friends want to join in!

We will decide on food and such as the time draws near, but it seemed that Cora's was a great choice last year, so we may do it again! We can decide on number of TV's and such after we have a decent head count. WE don;t weant to be short on the goodness factor.

As always, the MN croud always has a blast, but we want to give a friendly reminder to those bringing friends and new faces: We will be having a wide selection of games and systems at the gathering, and to keep folks property (and yours) safe, please only bring friends who you trust and know well. We have never had a problem, and probobly never will, but we just want to make sure that we have a croud of people ready to have some honest fun!

As the time nears, we will post what we need, and who will bring what. That way, you don't have to truck your whole collection with you! For now though: POST IF YOU CAN MAKE IT!!! There will always be a flow of info in this post, so check back often for updates!

We hope to have another great turn out, and make some new friends in the works! Again, plan for plenty of games, good food, and great gaming with some truly wonderful folks!!!

Till then......

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
You know I'll be there.

Chicago people along with members from nearby states should come too.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Spike said:
You know I'll be there.

Chicago people along with members from nearby states should come too.

Not a bad idea! C'mon in folks!

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Let there be no doubt, I'm there.

Also, me and Mike talked briefly about changing the tv setup. This time around we're gonna go for that arcade feel and have all the televisions in the center of the party room rather than lacing the walls. It shouldn't be difficult, a couple extension cables with multi-taps, no problem.

And perhaps we should go back to the pizza routine. Not everyone was happy with the food situation last year, and I believe just about everyone digs pizza.:eye: :eye: So, if we can all agree on pizza then my vote is for Pizza Hut. Pappa Murphy's is dirt cheap ($8 a large), but you get what you pay for.:annoyed:

Last edited:

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Mike and I say we should go with Famous Dave's catering!!! Mmmmmmmm!!!!

aria

Former Moderator
Magician said:
And perhaps we should go back to the pizza routine. Not everyone was happy with the food situation last year, and I believe just about everyone digs pizza.:eye: :eye: So, if we can all agree on pizza then my vote is for Pizza Hut. Pappa Murphy's is dirt cheap ($8 a large), but you get what you pay for.:annoyed:

I'm all for Pizza Luce :D

How about sandwiches as another option? I don't understand what problems people had with those wings, I normally hate wings and those ruled.

How about sushi? ...okay, maybe I'm still a little bitter about Red Robin. ;)

nothingxs

King's Dry Cleaner
You should switch the date on this, so that I can feasibly come up with an excuse to go to Minnesota and not miss Gameflex.

Just so that two dates don't clash, yanno. o_O

naitram

The Old Man
Verbatum said:
Mike and I say we should go with Famous Dave's catering!!! Mmmmmmmm!!!!

Dirty swine eatin bastards. I vote no to the hog. :)

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Bobak said:
I'm all for Pizza Luce :D

How about sandwiches as another option? I don't understand what problems people had with those wings, I normally hate wings and those ruled.

How about sushi? ...okay, maybe I'm still a little bitter about Red Robin. ;)

Yeah, I don't understand why people would have a problem with Cora's either! What we will probpbly do is try to offer a variety so that everyone will be happy. We thought about sandwiches last time. Probelm is: Money. Food isn't cheap, so we need to find something worthwhile, and while a Which' is good, they are really pricey.

If we go for Pizza again, please, no chain Pizza!!!

Kiel

20 Year Member
Really people, Cora's sucked ass. It was terrible.

Maybe peole shoud just get what they want when they want and it will cut down on the craziness.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
How about a good old fashion pot luck? All the major MN member ( the ones that post on a regular basis and go to the movie gatherings and what not) bring a food dish they made or bought on the way over. That way there is a whole ton of good food and everybody should be happy.

I've marked the calendar, so count me in. I will be there till the break of dawn this time.

dj

Magician

20 Year Member
The option of "everybody fends for themselves" is looking better and better by each post. Although, I must insist that PinkShoes make her taco dip. Hell, I'll even cover some of the cost, if she'll let me?

But honestly, I like Paul's catering idea. The question is, can the majority agree on one place to cater from?

:eye: :eye:

What about Chipotle?

Last edited:

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
djdelly said:
How about a good old fashion pot luck? All the major MN member ( the ones that post on a regular basis and go to the movie gatherings and what not) bring a food dish they made or bought on the way over. That way there is a whole ton of good food and everybody should be happy.

I've marked the calendar, so count me in. I will be there till the break of dawn this time.

dj

I totally dig the pot-luck idea. Question is, how many of us can cook? I can, and PinkShoes can,but who else?

the.bet

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
Pizza Luce

Sounds like a good time.

Fellas...if we can afford to be Geo gamers , then we all can afford good pizza. Lets skip the Papa Murphys and the Pizza Hut and go with the Pizza Luce. Plus if we go with Pizza we can order two rounds so it will be hot and fresh each time. I think this will be better than letting the BBQ rot on the table all afternoon.

Just my 2 cents.. I look foward to metting all of you in person.

PinkShoes

Crazed MVS Addict
Although, I must insist that PinkShoes make her taco dip. Hell, I'll even cover some of the cost, if she'll let me?

Of course I'll make taco dip...but the question is how much should I make? Seriously, if everyone wants I don't mind cooking an ass-load of food...I actually enjoy doing it. :) Although - the less complicated the better.

Magician

20 Year Member
Re: Pizza Luce

the.bet said:
Sounds like a good time.

Fellas...if we can afford to be Geo gamers , then we all can afford good pizza. Lets skip the Papa Murphys and the Pizza Hut and go with the Pizza Luce. Plus if we go with Pizza we can order two rounds so it will be hot and fresh each time. I think this will be better than letting the BBQ rot on the table all afternoon.

Just my 2 cents.. I look foward to metting all of you in person.

It's always good to see another new MN face.

Anyway, looks like we have another vote for Pizza Luce. I'll also put my vote towards Luce, pizza is simple and easy, the only question is toppings.:)

Magician

20 Year Member
PinkShoes said:
Of course I'll make taco dip...but the question is how much should I make? Seriously, if everyone wants I don't mind cooking an ass-load of food...I actually enjoy doing it. :) Although - the less complicated the better.

Two, maybe even three pans considering how a group of about a dozen almost killed it at Mike birthday get-together. Just imagine how fast it'll go in a group numbering over 25, over the course of 12+ hours :eye: :eye:

Magician

20 Year Member
[OT] Mini-announcement

I'm buying Raven Paul's mini-cab:multi_co: :drool:

The good one at his house, not the one with the bad monitor at Hi-Score.

Granted, I'm buying it for twice what he paid for it, but I'm helping a friend. And considering the condition, my choice of any two games he has in his collection, no ebay shipping and handling charges, a 15 minute drive to pick it up. I really can't pass this up.:D

Kiel

20 Year Member
Magician said:
[OT] Mini-announcement

I'm buying Raven Paul's mini-cab:multi_co: :drool:

The good one at his house, not the one with the bad monitor at Hi-Score.

Granted, I'm buying it for twice what he paid for it, but I'm helping a friend. And considering the condition, my choice of any two games he has in his collection, no ebay shipping and handling charges, a 15 minute drive to pick it up. I really can't pass this up.:D

Cool!

Me and Mike were thinking about going halves on it.:crying:

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
PinkShoes said:

More of your fine beef dish please(one with the Mushrooms, one without)!

Also: Pizza Luce? Folks, this is some of the WORST PIZZA on the face of the planet!