Splitting Optical Digital ?

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
As more and more electronics are entering the house my receiver still only has one optical digital input.

I basically want to connect the PS2 / GC and XBOX to the optical digital on the receiver in order to get that 5.1 sound rocking.

I looked around but could not find any splitter for that kind of cable, anyone has any idea how to do that?

T

TrustJDM

radio shack has a splitter. one opitcal out from two optical inputs. it should work but then again I returned mine because I would get noise. it cost about $5

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Strange I could not find it on their web site. I'll drop by there to check and cross my finger that is works.

Thanks.

Logicdustbin

Sieger's Squire
I bought this.

Pelican's Pro System Selector is the ultimate control device for your entertainment system. Start with 7 rear inputs for AV, S-Video, Component Video, Digital Optical and Ethernet, as well as two full function outputs.

It has all the hookups you need!

edit: I found it at Futureshop.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
No, no, no....you don't want any of those things.

What you want is this:

4-Way Digital Optical Selector

15-1586.jpg

I have owned one of these for well over a year and it works great! For only $20, its a great purchase.

Logicdustbin

Sieger's Squire
broken said:
No, no, no....you don't want any of those things.

What you want is this:

4-Way Digital Optical Selector

15-1586.jpg

I have owned one of these for well over a year and it works great! For only $20, its a great purchase.

pretty nice, but, I like the whole package, plus it fits in nicely with my other stereo equipment.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Thanks all!

As my TV already have 2 component input (+ 2 s-video and a regular video) I only need the splitter for sound.

I think I'll go with the RadiShack one on Broken's advice :D

I almost went for this one HERE as my experience with Radio Shack is that their products are pretty bad, but if Broken says its cool, then its worth a try.:glee:

Next purchase will have to be all these AV Component cable for Xbox / PS2 and GC plus all the toslink cables...