coin door....worth restoring? pics and added cart inventory that needs checking!!!

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Cart Inventory at bottom! please check it out and let me know if I need anything else?

Dscn5619.jpg

Take into consideration that I don't need it functional right now. I just need to make it look complete from the outside. New ones cost $50+ and I would rather paint this myself and buy the stuff for like $20-30 or something to make it complete...on the outside. It will always be on free play in my home, but I want it to look nice!

...unless anyone knows a cheap place to find a complete front of an over/under coin door?

any help would be appreciated....

Last edited:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Re: coin door....worth restoring?

If you can paint it and buy the parts that it needs, I don't think
there's really need for a new one.

NGT said:
Dscn5619.jpg

Take into consideration that I don't need it functional right now. I just need to make it look complete from the outside. New ones cost $50+ and I would rather paint this myself and buy the stuff for like $20-30 or something to make it complete...on the outside. It will always be on free play in my home, but I want it to look nice!

...unless anyone knows a cheap place to find a complete front of an over/under coin door?

any help would be appreciated....

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Re: Re: coin door....worth restoring?

xtoo_short20x said:
If you can paint it and buy the parts that it needs, I don't think
there's really need for a new one.

any idea on where to get the stuff? I saw doors on ebay for $30 plus shipping without locks, but would like to see if I can find loose parts and do it myself.

I am really stipping the shit out of this cab and redoing a lot of things! New plexi glass, New paint, new trim, new buttons, new sticks, etc etc etc....and hopefully new coin door pieces :)

any Idea of a place that sells these parts?

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Re: Re: Re: coin door....worth restoring?

NGT said:
any idea on where to get the stuff? I saw doors on ebay for $30 plus shipping without locks, but would like to see if I can find loose parts and do it myself.

I am really stipping the shit out of this cab and redoing a lot of things! New plexi glass, New paint, new trim, new buttons, new sticks, etc etc etc....and hopefully new coin door pieces :)

any Idea of a place that sells these parts?

http://Happcontrols.com or http://www.therealbobroberts.com/

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
well, I have been through those sites before...and I think Happ has all of the stuff, but I don't know the exact pieces....with buttons and covers and coin slots and locks and shipping....it may be more then I thought...

but not the $50-100 I see them going for....

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I got one off Ebay that was complete and then restored it. I think I payed all of 12$ shipped. That was for my MAME machine, and it looks just like brand new.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
:D NGT..Sounds like we are in the same boat with Cab restoration.

The lower coin door on the Geo Geo Gold machine has a few pain spot missing so I'm going to paint it..
I was just going to put another lower coin door in,but the one on it is riveted on wheras my spare has screws.
So I can't remove the lower coin door on the neo gold to change it without doing some drilling etc.

Easier to just paint it.

I took the top and bottom door from a Lethal Enforcers cab.
For the doors..

The top door is in good shape but the plastic coin door parts are trashed...missing parts./bent.
The metal door is the only thing worth it that will look like what you have in your pic once all the trashed plastic etc is taken off..

I would of offered it to you but the parts on it that you need are worthless.
Plus not all these doors parts are interchangeable..Sometimes the holes don't line up.

I see the coin door set-ups on Ebay a lot..but the damn shipping is murder...

I'm currently looking for a whole Neo Geo MVS coin door for spare parts..(cheap)

I asked an Ebay seller I dealt with for an MVS coin door after I saw him list an Empty MVS cab....
He wasn't going to list it on Ebay,but when he found out I wanted it he listed it on Ebay for $29.00 + something like $25.00 dollars for shipping..
FK that..

Do you have any of the parts to that coin door..?

You know where I see Coin dor set-ups cheap..At arcade auctions.
.................................................................................

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3284315497&category=13718

eBay item 3284315497 (Ends Apr-05-04 17:33:06 PDT) - ))))) OVER AND UNDER COIN DOOR (((((

Though something like this is expensive..It sure saves a lot of time tracking down all the parts..

Maybe this guy is willing to ship cheap..

I found a few tonight on Ebay..Real cheap..3285021033
Shoot I almost bid on one since it looks like an MVS coin door.

If you keep looking you'll find a good deal..

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
thanks! I have seen those auctions...as I have been looking very frequently....

I just don't know everything I need...

At happs, they say the brizel for the buttons are "nylon" ? and I don't know if that's just the texture or what....

I found 2 lock and key sets for $5.50 shipped for both....so that's one thing down.

I just don't know about the pieces...I found one place that had happ coin return flaps for $1 each...but while searching for a site that had everything I needed, I forgot what site it was,lol...

Here's my question: Is all I need to make the outside look complete the 2 buttons, 2 flaps, and the 4 brizels?

Another question: What is that extra hole for on the top door in my coin door picture?

I may use that for a game switch button and eventually put two cps2 systems inside of this cab...with one of the $99... 2 in 1 jamma hookups. I want to have Darkstalkers in there too....

just a thought...

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
This is my cart at happs:

Item # Qty Description Published

Price % Disc* Extended Order Options
1: 891-1113-01 E/R BUTTON US $.25 WELLS REPL. 91-1113-01 COIN CONTROLS ($ 8.42 for 2)

2: 891-1109-16 REJECT FLAP BLACK PLASTIC ($ 4.60 for 2)

3: 891-1311-16 ENTRY BEZEL NYLON BUTTON ($ 3.82 for 2)

4: 891-1312-16 BEZEL NYLON REJECT ($ 3.82 for 2)

Total: $ 20.66

does this look like all I will need, since I already have the lock and key sets?

Is there anything else I will need to finish the front of my coin door?

EDIT: while looking at the marks around my coin return holes on my door, it kinda looks like the return bezel is one piece....or is it just me?

any ideas?

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
NGT said:
thanks! I have seen those auctions...as I have been looking very frequently....

I just don't know everything I need...

At happs, they say the brizel for the buttons are "nylon" ? and I don't know if that's just the texture or what....

I found 2 lock and key sets for $5.50 shipped for both....so that's one thing down.

I just don't know about the pieces...I found one place that had happ coin return flaps for $1 each...but while searching for a site that had everything I needed, I forgot what site it was,lol...

Here's my question: Is all I need to make the outside look complete the 2 buttons, 2 flaps, and the 4 brizels?

Another question: What is that extra hole for on the top door in my coin door picture?

I may use that for a game switch button and eventually put two cps2 systems inside of this cab...with one of the $99... 2 in 1 jamma hookups. I want to have Darkstalkers in there too....

just a thought...

Nylon huh..hmm,....maybe..
The two lock set for $5.50 shipped is great price congrats.
Though,did you match them up to the length that you need..

They may be too short or two long..Sometimes they are two wide and you need to file the hole on the door (a little) to get them in.
Different sizes

When I bought a set at Home Depot they had different lengths/sizes and different bar plates for the back...
But they didn't have exactly the same as what I had as a sample.(they sucked for variation on this)
But I was able to make due with what I bought.

I didn't notice the hole at first on your coin door..
That was put there by someone for some reason..Maybe as a location for a switch as you may use,suggest.
I have a similar drilled hole on my Tekken 3 cabs (lower) coin door that I put a switch in for On/off..to make it easier for my son..Since he likes to play this cab a lot.

I'm pretty sure all you need are "2 buttons, 2 flaps, and the 4 brizels? "..

The only problem I see with this is..Your coin door looks Standard.
Sometimes the parts don't match up the pre drilled holes on the door.

The doors on the MVS coin doors have these oval design indentations whereas the doors are not flat(flat like yours.)

I cannont get the pieces ("2 buttons, 2 flaps, and the 4 brizels) from a door like yours to fit the MVS type doors.
Though they look similar none of the holes line up.

Sure you probably can just drill new holes,,but it's a pain after buying parts that you thought will fit.

Though yours have the flat look I'm not sure what "2 buttons, 2 flaps, and the 4 brizels "will fit.
Does it say for a standard coin door.?..

There are a few many coin door set-ups that I don't know if they are interchangeable in parts.

I can take pics of that spare coin doors parts that I have if you like to show you what you need....(?)Taking it all apart.

Darkstalkers ..Sweet!!

I bought a Darkstalkers board a few months ago..I still haven't had a chance to wire up the kick harness.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
NGT said:
This is my cart at happs:

Item # Qty Description Published

Price % Disc* Extended Order Options
1: 891-1113-01 E/R BUTTON US $.25 WELLS REPL. 91-1113-01 COIN CONTROLS ($ 8.42 for 2)

2: 891-1109-16 REJECT FLAP BLACK PLASTIC ($ 4.60 for 2)

3: 891-1311-16 ENTRY BEZEL NYLON BUTTON ($ 3.82 for 2)

4: 891-1312-16 BEZEL NYLON REJECT ($ 3.82 for 2)

Total: $ 20.66

does this look like all I will need, since I already have the lock and key sets?

Is there anything else I will need to finish the front of my coin door?

EDIT: while looking at the marks around my coin return holes on my door, it kinda looks like the return bezel is one piece....or is it just me?

any ideas?

I have to go look at those items..
Any direct links..?

It's two pieces..The bezel and the door separate though they are probably sold together.

I'm missing one door on that spae I have.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Man, so there is really no way to know if these happ parts are going to fit my door...

I obviously would be pissed if I spent $30 on parts and shipping and then it didn't fit my door...

I emailed happ with some pictures....but now I am going to email them again with their product numbers asking if they will fit my door...

thanks for the heads up!! I just figured over/under stuff was universal...but I guess not...as you have fixed WAY MORE cabs that I have probably even played on,lol...

EDIT: here's the page I got them from:

http://www.happcontrols.com/cc/42315700.htm

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
NGT said:
Man, so there is really no way to know if these happ parts are going to fit my door...

I obviously would be pissed if I spent $30 on parts and shipping and then it didn't fit my door...

I emailed happ with some pictures....but now I am going to email them again with their product numbers asking if they will fit my door...

thanks for the heads up!! I just figured over/under stuff was universal...but I guess not...as you have fixed WAY MORE cabs that I have probably even played on,lol...

EDIT: here's the page I got them from:

http://www.happcontrols.com/cc/42315700.htm

Ok..let me go ckeck that out..
I'm taking this old door apart also and taking pics.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Damn..I can't see what the parts look like..

What about this checking out this guys stuff ..
http://www.therealbobroberts.com/

From Briggs site.
He man answer questions..

See Why I didn't offer you this..: )
Zeo_078.jpg

the top pieces are "ok" I need to put these in The Tekken 3 since the ones in the Tekken 3 are plain for some reason..

These have 25 cent on them)

I'm going to take this apart now..Taking pics.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Ok..Here's a problem I see..
The holes you/we have where these parts fit into are held by screws from the coin mechs ..Without the coin mechs ..the parts can't be held to the door..Unless you make something up..

(NOTE" on the MVS type coin doors these parts screw to the door itself.)

Zeo_080.jpg

The holes are in the center..Two parts Bezel and door..Plus not easy to match up screws,.
Zeo_081.jpg

3 parts auctally.
25 cent piece..Whatever that is called : )
The plastic bezel
Spring..(Plus not easy to match up screws,.

Zeo_082.jpg

Without the Coin mechs holding the 25 cent piece in with the spring it will slide right out the back..
Unless you glued it or made something up..
You can just use these parts..but you need to create something.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
damn....so I guess I am going to have to just get a new door, as the mechs included will cost as much as getting a used complete door......

or maybe I will just say F-it and glue the .25 buttons in....

but, imo....if the covers fit on right, I can find a way to hold everything into place. But if it doesn't work, I am out $30 :(

tough choice....as my funds are low....I want to fix it myself, but just buying one complete is VERY tempting.

My game buying has stopped and my 3 projects I am currently in the middle of, are now priority!

I kinda want to buy the parts and figure it out though...

It like I have two people talking on my shoulders....one saying, "don't be so cheap and buy one ready to go"....and the other saying "get some balls and fix this shit on your own!"

lol....

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
NGT said:
damn....so I guess I am going to have to just get a new door, as the mechs included will cost as much as getting a used complete door......

or maybe I will just say F-it and glue the .25 buttons in....

but, imo....if the covers fit on right, I can find a way to hold everything into place. But if it doesn't work, I am out $30 :(

tough choice....as my funds are low....I want to fix it myself, but just buying one complete is VERY tempting.

My game buying has stopped and my 3 projects I am currently in the middle of, are now priority!

I kinda want to buy the parts and figure it out though...

It like I have two people talking on my shoulders....one saying, "don't be so cheap and buy one ready to go"....and the other saying "get some balls and fix this shit on your own!"

lol....

I hear you man..

You could find a way to get the stuff held on with washers or a drilled holes/small piece of Sheet Metal..gluing or taping the 25 piece parts in..

I too like fixing stuff up/getting parts myself..When I can actually see or know what I'm buying..
Not to talk bad about Happ,but I emailed them very destinktive questions on things and they never got back to me on nothing after several tries.

Due to the fact that I can't be sure on these parts and wouldn't want to be at a loss in spending/having to spend again I'd go for the complete door..A nice one..

At least if you decide to ever want to hook that other stuff up you'll have it...Coin Mechs/Coin Box.Test Switch the "lights" behind the 25cent inserts....providing you find one with all of that.
It's more worth it..the whole door set -up will fit no problem..and would be easier...(make it more complete)

The lights behind the 25 cent incert coin look nice when on,..It drives me crazy when a bulb goes out in one of my cabs..

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I guess I am just going to wait until I get paid and check ebay....some more....

fixing up a cab sure is an adventure :)

I just found a stray molex 2 wire adapter hooked to the harness and swinging in front of the coin door opening....and with the wires bundled like they are, I am having some trouble seeing where is hooks to the harness,lol...

thanks for all of the help!!! I really don't think Happ will get back to me with my questions.....as they never have before, but I don't see why a company wouldn't say "YES or NO, these are or aren't what you need."

kinda sucks imo...

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
NGT said:
I guess I am just going to wait until I get paid and check ebay....some more....

I just found a stray molex 2 wire adapter hooked to the harness and swinging in front of the coin door opening....and with the wires bundled like they are, I am having some trouble seeing where is hooks to the harness,lol...

thanks for all of the help!!! I really don't think Happ will get back to me with my questions.....as they never have before, but I don't see why a company wouldn't say "YES or NO, these are or aren't what you need."

kinda sucks imo...

Yup Happs never replies to anything I ask..So I pass on buying things from them and the questions are simple to answer..

I have Betsons Arcade Supply located not to far from me that I'm stupid not to deal with..
The only problem is they are not open on weekends or I'd be there..
I have the catalog and they sell all kinds of this stuff.

I agree....I enjoy it it..
I'm glad I have to do some work to the Neo Gold and the that MK mini..I just slowed up my game purchases.

Today I noticed that the coin door on my Tekken 3 looks like the one in this auction(squares) not like the one in both our our pics(flat faced)I missed that.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3285021033

But the parts off that flat design coin door looks like it will the Tekken 3s coin doors type.
But not the MVS door..

3 types of door I see now..Who knows what happ has..

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I don't think I have any place that sells arcade stuff near me....but I really wish I did. I am tempted to call this arcade rental place near me and ask if they have any coin doors they would sell....

then again....the guy is kind of a punk.....not friendly at all...

oh well......I guess I will have to sit on the coin door stuff until I get some more cash......incase I go for the new door.

hopefully i can find a good deal when the time comes...

today I am sanding and taking apart more parts to get ready to paint......maybe next weekend.

NGT said:
I don't think I have any place that sells arcade stuff near me....but I really wish I did.

If you live in the SF Bay Area, both Betson and C. A. Robinson are located in South San Francisco.

Here are their addresses:

Betson
213 E. HARRIS AVENUE
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94080
Phone: 650-952-4220
URL: www.betson.com

C.A.Robinson
180 UTAH AVENUE
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94080
Phone: 650-871-4280
URL: www.carobinson.com

Charles

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Well, I live an hour north of SF...so it might be a bit of a drive...

but I will definitely look into it. Thanks!