Before you lose sleep over Capcom

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Well, honestly, given the state of arcades and Capcom's lack of presence in 2-d fighters - it may as well be true.

Thereverend

Banned
Yeah I don't think we'll see an arcade game from Capcom until this so called SF II.5 or even SF IV.

But at least support on any CPS2 boards we may have are safe and can be repared if we need them to be

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Thereverend said:

I think people fell for it because Capcom Hasn't made an Arcade game since 2001.

that Being Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper

So

if you bought it

APRIL FOOLS

What about Hyper SFII Anniversary Edition? I believe that was late last year.

Thereverend

Banned
Capcom VS SNK 2 was relased in 2001

SFII Hyper was Japan only I think maybe US too not sure

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
TRIEU, like Shawn, has direct contact to the companies providing him the boards/carts.

TRIEU confirmed twice that it wasn´t April´s Fools, and the news also was posted at http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ (they didn´t get the news from TRIEU or his site).

Both sites posted the news on the 31st.

Last edited:

Thereverend

Banned
Dio_Brando said:
TRIEU, like Shawn, has direct contact to the companies providing him the boards/carts.

TRIEU confirmed twice that it wasn´t April´s Fools, and the news also was posted at http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ (they didn´t get the news from TRIEU or his site).

Both sites posted the news on the 31st.

He was wrong about Sammy Getting SNK's IPs or well half wrong (just SNK Jumping to atomiswave)

Only story at that site is about Capcom losing money (from the 31st)

Trieu has been wrong only twice.

Everybody is off sometimes

Edit: I stand corrected

"So why the turn-around? Capcom provided some possible reasons for the losses, citing the recent closure of insurance/financial service company Stratus, along with the liquidation of Capcom's Coin-Op division. "

Last edited:

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
You guys are funny shit. All you do is whine and whine, it takes you two trips to a site to find the fucking confirmation.

Yes, please put the confirmation (not from TRIEU, considering he´s always oh-so-wroooong) on bold so people don´t fall for your shit.

"So why the turn-around? Capcom provided some possible reasons for the losses, citing the recent closure of insurance/financial service company Stratus, along with the liquidation of Capcom's Coin-Op division."

A buncha nobodies, questioning TRIEU. With no info of their own, they just for some stupid reason, think they know more or know better.

Last edited:

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Dio_Brando said:
A buncha nobodies, questioning TRIEU. With no info of their own, they just for some stupid reason, think they know more or know better. [/B]

God forbid if someone actually doubts Trieu's word. God, get a grip! Trieu isn't the first person to have close ties with SNK / Capcom and he won't be the last either. I appreciate everything Trieu has contributed to the community, but it doesn't help matters any when a 3rd party (i.e. meaning you) intervenes to defend his credibility. Calling the people of this board 'nobodies' for doubting his word was also a bit unnecessary.

I hardly take anything Trieu says to heart; I don’t believe anything until I actually see it with my own eyes.

Last edited:

Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

Mega Shock!!
first of all, Trieu states that this only affects arcade owners and disributors. Capcom CoinOp division is the company that distributed and mantained CPS I/II/III boards. So the arcade owners that relied on getting these boards mantained, etc will have this option no longer. Secondly, Trieu has not said that Capcom will STOP making arcade games. They can easily make games on hardware like the Atomiswave, where they are not directly in charge of all the tech support, similar to the more recent Naomi games. In fact, they can even work out deals with Sammy, who is trying to impress the crowd with their Atomiswave, nothing better than to have Capcom on your side eh? Anyways, it sucks for the CPS III, because we may never get to see those games on the arcade again.

Thereverend

Banned
buttasuperb said:
That's because you're an idiot, and wouldn't know a good game company if it slapped you in the face.

Capcom Good? News to me

Last good game they made was the first devil May Cry.

Am I right?

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
buttasuperb said:
No, Devil May Cry sucks.

Another person who thinks the same way as I do about DMC, that game was garbage.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Even though I haven't played it, I hear Viewtiful Joe is fantastic.

But recent shit doesn't matter to me.

Capcom is responsible for some of the greatest games of all time.

Thereverend

Banned
buttasuperb said:
Even though I haven't played it, I hear Viewtiful Joe is fantastic.

But recent shit doesn't matter to me.

Capcom is responsible for some of the greatest games of all time.

there are better games ON 16 bit SYSTEMS.

people only like it cuz it's semi old school.

Thereverend

Banned
buttasuperb said:
Um, most 16bit games are better than most current games.

What's your point?

That viewtiful Joe is being praised for being a Beatem Up Version of Gunstar Heroes.

Pulse man even

Viewtiful Joe is a Genesis game dammit why is it on cube?

why did it come out 10 years too late.......