release dates on various things (thx to the magic box)

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
metal slug 3 on xbox = june 24 in japan

ss0 special = april in the arcades in japan

kof neowave = july in the arcades in japan

kof max impact on ps2 = july 29 in japan

ss0 on ps2 = june 24 in japan

thats about all i think..?

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
beelzebubble said:
metal slug 3 on xbox = june 24 in japan

ss0 special = april in the arcades in japan

kof neowave = july in the arcades in japan

kof max impact on ps2 = july 29 in japan

ss0 on ps2 = june 24 in japan

thats about all i think..?

NeoWave is on the top of my can't wait to play list. It will probably be at least a year after it comes out in japanese arcades till I get to play it though... :oh_no: wait a sec. Probably longer than that. I pray for a fast port to PS2 that is the only way, but then Sony NTSC will probably not allow to be released in the US or some BS along those lines... :blow_top:

Seijuro Hiko

Camel Slug
are they going to port the standard or the special version of Samurai Spirits 0 on PS2?

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Seijuro Hiko said:
are they going to port the standard or the special version of Samurai Spirits 0 on PS2?

My guess is that Japan will get ss0s for ps2 and US will not, but maybe xbox will get it......live would be nice.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
Wonder what new stuff the characters will have in neo wave.

Also you guys think they will release kof 04 on neo hardware. If the graphics don't change much then i see why not. Just thinking out loud.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I think that would defeat the purpose of moving to new hardware. Ports or Atomiswave supergun/cab will be our best bet.

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
You say that Samurai Shodown 5 Special is supposed to be released this month in Japan. Do you know the exact day that the game is supposed to be released? Also, will the game have a release in the United States? Is there any talk about an AES release? If there was a loke test then perhaps someone would know if there is an English translation this time around. What are the differences between this special addition of Samurai 5 and the original Samurai 5? I have heard that there are some new characters but I don't know much besides that. Please fill me in on this issue.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Seijuro Hiko said:

Well the US version has been posted for a May (though very likely to change now with the Japanese date revealed) release after being taken down on sites like EB Games and Gamestop. Ben Herman has also stated details of the US version would be revealed at E3. So it seems pretty likely it WILL come out.

My guesss is, they'll release a double pack. One for the original SSV and the new SS0 Special. And this will make it about 10 times easier to get it approved by Sony by itself.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Makismo said:
You say that Samurai Shodown 5 Special is supposed to be released this month in Japan. Do you know the exact day that the game is supposed to be released? Also, will the game have a release in the United States? Is there any talk about an AES release? If there was a loke test then perhaps someone would know if there is an English translation this time around. What are the differences between this special addition of Samurai 5 and the original Samurai 5? I have heard that there are some new characters but I don't know much besides that. Please fill me in on this issue.

dont know about the english story or release info. only "april" was given for the release date.

i discovered a secret/unnanounced loke test the other day at monte carlo where i play. game has SHIT loads of tweaking on characters to balance the game. things like sogetsu cant cancel anything off his crouching mid, the throw is now f+CD and hard to get, you now have a super death move that apparently almost kills instantly but you have to explode your anger bar and satisfy some other criteria which i cant really understand from the japanese instructions (your opponent must be in a nothing state??) the kanji is small and hard to read :( more info when my comp/net is back on... oh yeah comp is hell hard now on level 4..

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I might import the 3-D KOF.

Note: I _NEVER_ import games.

Freelancer

Banned
I couldn't care less about the other titles mentioned, but it is good to see that SS0 Special is due out this month!