Has anyone made a consolized Atomiswave?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Greetings,
My apology for posting this topic, but all other threads have yet to come to a conclusion. Has anyone successfully built a consolized Atomiswave yet? I'm definitely in the market for one if so. Also, the console directly outputs VGA, right? Does anyone know where one can buy a VGA->DVI converter?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Supergoose is working on consolizing Amano's Atomiswave.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
ResOGlas said:
Greetings,
My apology for posting this topic, but all other threads have yet to come to a conclusion. Has anyone successfully built a consolized Atomiswave yet? I'm definitely in the market for one if so. Also, the console directly outputs VGA, right? Does anyone know where one can buy a VGA->DVI converter?

You should be able to get a vga to dvi fairly easy, just look online. Its just a simple adapter. Try some sites selling computer stuff or home theatre stuff maybe?

*Edit, hmm after reading brokens post maybe i am thinking of a different part...

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
ResOGlas said:
Does anyone know where one can buy a VGA->DVI converter?

I don't think you will be all that pleased at the pricing of said items. A quick google search landed me several of them, but you are looking at several hundred dollars for one.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I think a consolized ATW is kinda a waste right now because the cost of the unit is so high....... I think superguns are the way to go for now...

there is a very strong possibility that a VGA->DVI converter would not work. The VGA output of the ATW board seems to be incomatable with many monitors.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Re: Re: Has anyone made a consolized Atomiswave?

broken said:
I don't think you will be all that pleased at the pricing of said items. A quick google search landed me several of them, but you are looking at several hundred dollars for one.

Holy Shizzle!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

kc

Belnar Institute Student
ResOGlas said:
As I stated above: My apology for posting this topic, but all other threads have yet to come to a conclusion.

NO!!! apology is needed, this topic serves as in update

;-)

BIG

sony fanboy
*B.I.G,waiting patiently along side his beloved Xbox for an AW Emu to surface..**

:loco: :loco:

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
B.I.GPSYCHE said:
*B.I.G,waiting patiently along side his beloved Xbox for an AW Emu to surface..**

:loco: :loco:

I wish my AES had component output like your XBox... :crying:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Has anyone successfully built a consolized Atomiswave yet? I'm definitely in the market for one if so

you changed your tune fast man:cool:

you are the man who has recently said stuff like:

I voted for Fuck Atomiswave

This isn't an Atomiswave forum, so as you would say, Shut the fuck up about it and get off this Neo-Geo site.
(sais the man who posts this very topic in the general discussion forum:oh_no: )

In other words, Put a big fat check next to the name ResOGlas on the haters list. I don't give a fuck anymore, all you newbies and rom fags can have all the Atomiswave you want. I'm sure there are many of you who actually have a reason to like Atomiswave, but I guess i'm just too closed minded on the subject. I may not know games, but I know what I like. Anything over 708Megs is just too much for me.

sorry to be calling you out here, its good you had a change of heart but you moaned, bitched, and where generally rude to anyone who was happy with the crossover.

maybe you should try not to procrastinate so much next time. I know you like the neogeo but acting like a snob about it is not the way to show you are hardcore. Even less so if you are going to then turn around and take a completly different stance.

Last edited:

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
HA, just needed to play some kickass games, that's all...:D I finally played GGXX and thats all it took to change my mind

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
lithy said:
Supergoose is working on consolizing Amano's Atomiswave.
:D

didn't start yet, but it might be done in about one or two weeks.
will definitely be a bit harder than modding a mvs board, since there ain't much space under the red abs shell.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:

(sais the man who posts this very topic in the general discussion forum:oh_no: )

sorry to be calling you out here, its good you had a change of heart but you moaned, bitched, and where generally rude to anyone who was happy with the crossover.

maybe you should try not to procrastinate so much next time. I know you like the neogeo but acting like a snob about it is not the way to show you are hardcore. Even less so if you are going to then turn around and take a completly different stance.

Eat a dick. If I could say all those things over again, I would. I didn't want the neo to die, and a whole bunch of newbies with post counts under 50 were voicing how great of an idea the change was. Also, there were PLENTY MORE of the well-known rom fags supporting the move than actual true SNK supporters. Yeah, I played the Atomiswave and liked it. So fucking what? I'd much rather blow my cash on AES carts any day of the week. The Atomiswave is a cool system and I hope the Neo titles that are released on it end up being good. That still doesn't mean that i'm going to suck SNKP's dick every time they make a foul marketing decision. I hate being an asshole to people, but obviously you care so much that you would literally browse through hundreds of posts to quote me. I don't think as much of you, so I won't return the same favor to yourself. I'm glad I like Atomiswave, and I'm glad you like it too, but I mean exactly what I say. Eat a dick, sir.

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
supergoose79 said:
:D

didn't start yet, but it might be done in about one or two weeks.
will definitely be a bit harder than modding a mvs board, since there ain't much space under the red abs shell.

*me waits anxiously for pics/ideas/projects/questions, and of course to have the final product in my hands :D

I've bumped this thread with more info on consolizing the AW: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1032729

As much as I am not a big fan of consolized boards (I have always preferred superguns), there have been some reasons for doing an exception with this one.

First of all, goose offered to consolize for free (that is you only pay the costs) the first AW that was sent to him. Since we both live in Europe shipping is not that bad, so the total cost for me has been of only 55€. Take care that I don't need a JROK since my TV has RGB input, plus the AW offers the VGA output. I can even use a scart cable made from goose I already happen to own.

Sound. The AW has a stereo output connector that is so small I am not able to use it. Also, my LCD computer monitor has built-in speakers I would like to use, and through this it will be the perfect way.

Since I plan on using the AW in my PC monitor, while I use the other boards in my TV, I prefer to have my AW independent of my supergun. Right now it is not a problem because my TV and PC are in the same table, but this may change in the future.

If I use the AW in my TV through the RGB output of my supergun, the image is not 100% clear. The MVS looks perfect, but the AW and some of my other boards have this problem. I think it is caused by the fact that my supergun also has s-video and composite output, so the RGB goes some through filters. There are 2 pots to adjust this, but I can't get a perfect picture with the AW anyway. However, through direct RGB it should look perfect. I know I plan on using the AW more in the PC monitor, but in some cases I might prefer my TV as it is bigger.

The only problem I have right now is the PSU. I have a PC AT one I could use, but it is kinda uncomfortable. Goose says a sc200 works well, so my best bet would be to get one, can somebody help me please?

Since this will possibly be the first consolized AW in the world, I want to show it to try to convince people that it is very easy to use it at home (like I already did with it working in my supergun), so more people gets interested in having it. We need a strong second-hand loose games market :buttrock:

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
DevilRedeemed said:

Man, I didn't even realize it before. You went and took the time to find shit old posts to (try) to make someone feel stupid? Real fucking mature, how dare someone have their own opinion, eh?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Man, I didn't even realize it before. You went and took the time to find shit old posts to (try) to make someone feel stupid? Real fucking mature, how dare someone have their own opinion, eh?
:rolleyes:

Sorry Resoglass. For what its worth.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I'm anxious to see what goose can do with the AW. If it looks and works well as a consolized unit, then maybe I'll stop bitching about them having no plans for an AW console :). Maybe ....

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
just a thought for those looking to swap vga for component

• Outputs can drive cables up to 50 feet
• "Special Sync" mode (switchable) provided to accommodate Panasonic® Direct View HDTV monitor connected to RCA® DTV Set Top Box
• Special Composite Sync (CS) decoding from H pin of DB15 connector for compatibility with SCART RGB CS inputs

would this work????????...

has anyone used one of these?

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
NGT said:
just a thought for those looking to swap vga for component

would this work????????...

has anyone used one of these?

The converter would surely work 100%. As to the simple custom cable, it would probably get the job done, but the color intensity might be off on certain colors. I'd still say that the cable is worth a go first, seeing as how the price is considerably lower. Anybody tried one of these yet? Also, what about VGA -> DVI?

BIG

sony fanboy
ResOGlas said:
The converter would surely work 100%. As to the simple custom cable, it would probably get the job done, but the color intensity might be off on certain colors. I'd still say that the cable is worth a go first, seeing as how the price is considerably lower. Anybody tried one of these yet? Also, what about VGA -> DVI?

Res0,I should be getting my AW soon,I'll keep you posted.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
what the fuck are you going to do with a consolized AW?

just pee on your tv instead.

same effect.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
There is an element of excitement with the whole Atomiswave thing, but I will not allow myself that has basically ZERO killer apps. for it.

It's just too early for me.