A-Wave with JROK?

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
I tryed my A-Wave with a supper gun last night and the pic with the JROK just rolled with S-video and composit. Has anyone else ran this settup? I did try it here this morning in high rez with 2 of the monitors I have here and HOLY SHIT does it make a BIG dif. One monitor is a Gateway VIVITRON and the other is an KDS AVITRON.

neogeofl

Lurker, ,
Well, I may keep my MAS SuperNova and buy the AW after all. I will try it hooked to a Gateway 26-inch HD Ready LCD TV. I will post when I get it all though. Still thinking of getting that 1-slot off you as well. :glee: *Want to sell your DB Kit? :glee: :drool_2:

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
LOL no sale on the DB kit. You will find one, you mite want to pick up just the mother board first and when they FINALY start just offering carts you can pick them up.

neogeofl

Lurker, ,
Well, I can get Knights of Valour with Board new for $595.00 plus $88.00 shipping. Or DB Kit with board for $550.00 to $650.00 depending on where I buy it. KOVSS seems rarer so I may go with that and wait on DB. Sorry to spam your ad. Now sell me DB!!! :D

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
Not after I see how it runs in high rez. I have to get a monitor for home now. I am going to look at some used computer stores near by to see what I can get cheep.

Arakon Kaizen

Crazed MVS Addict
Get s cheap 17 inch philips.

I have a Philips 107S, that works great.

You should be able to find one in the sub 150 range as the model is getting older.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Well, the AW worked in my TV through direct RGB, I see no reason why it shouldn't work using a JROK... Are you sure DIP 1 was set to OFF (low res) when you tried to hook it to the TV?

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
I can get a 15 for $25 down the street from me. They have a bunch of differnt brands.

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
Yes it was cause when I tried it with the JROK I just pulled the A-Wave from my cab. I brought the supper gun and A-Wave with me to work this morning and that is when I switched it to high rez.

It is an older JROK

Arakon Kaizen

Crazed MVS Addict
Take your AW down there with you and see if they'll let you hook up till you get one that works.

Not all monitors seem to like the AW.

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
That was the plan they are at a small electronis shop close by me.

I can just run this in my cab but after seeing how good it looks in high rez I am going to have to build a supper gun and get a monitor.

Last edited:

Arakon Kaizen

Crazed MVS Addict
nice. well man, i would suggest getting a 17inch plus if you can spare the cash. a 19 inch would be primo and I believe with a little modification you can get it into a cabnet.

I'm sitting here wishing I had a 19 inch to plug mine into. but that new 160GB HD is first on the hit list.

*sigh

so many toys so little budget.

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
you are right about that but I don't need to or want to run my A-wave out of the cab all the time so the cheeper the better. If I am going to spend the money I mite as well get a high rez monitor for my cab.

I could allways make my cab into an A-wave/Naomi/Dreamcast with jamma cab.

I can dream LOL...

Last edited:

Arakon Kaizen

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm seriously thinking about buying an AW cab. new.

I'm just having a hard time finding exact specs on wether or not if its autoswitching resolutions for the monitor.

I already know its Jamma Compatible.

so far the estimates I'm getting are ranging about $2,300-2,600.

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
To much for me I think I will buy a cheep computer monitor and make a supergun and run it in my conversion cab.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
When I hooked my AWave up to my jrok 3.1,,,,

The Video seemed to be a little weak...

On solid colors, there was a small fuzzyness...

I don't have any of those problems on my CpsII, MVS or Jamma stuff.

High Res is tight... Just the same as the Dreamcast's...

LilC, make sure you put what PC/Arcade Monitors it works with in NGT's tread....

If you can see what PC monitors it works with that would be most helpfull.

JetFire

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I don't have any problems use the jrok 3.1 with the AWave.
Let me try angin tonight.