Pictures of the 4 art sets from SVC MVS ***UPDATE***

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'll repeat what I believe I said in another post. Look at the colors of the 3 that Casey's and Vinh's kits have, then look at the dullness of the Chinese print. Then the square cornered non-fitting backing to the Chinese stickers and the design differences of the stickers while the other 3 are uniform. The Chinese stickers also don't have the 'sheen' that the other stickers do. The Chinese one was printed by someone selling the kits probably in China for sale so that it would be useful to other Chinese.

I'll keep going.

I don't think anyone is doubting that what Vinh or even Casey has are SNKP made kits. What people still want to know is where they came from and how they got released.

Last edited:

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
I am getting so confused with all this...

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
Well , I talked to Vinh yesterday and this it the Official word .

This is where the confusion ends .

The MVS Cart kits come with 3 art sets
Korean
Spanish
English

The art set that has the different backing in the pictures is actually the "Japanese" one

Japanese art sets will ONLY come in a japanese kit and Japanese kits always have Japanese Text on the MVS cart and box labels .

So :
Vinh's statement regarding the 4 art sets is that :

The Yahoo Japan auction was the Regular release with the regular 3 art sets ...BUT ...the seller must have added the 4th art set and got it from a Japanese SVC PCB kit

So ....its my fault that everyone thought the 4th kit was Chineese , its actually the Japanese one ...and it does not belong that is why the backing is different , these "CART" kits were not meant for the Japanese market so thats why the Yahoo Japan member probably added the 4th art set , to appease the Japanese market he was selling to .

This all makes total sence , and on another note the kits are 100% authentic , and there should be enough for everyone who wants them .

One other point I would like to factor in it that : Vinh did not get his MVS from Japhei , although I have heard different from many others including Japhei himself .

Give credibility where credibility is due , it just makes sence .

George

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Retrogamer said:
Well , I talked to Vinh yesterday and this it the Official word .

This is where the confusion ends .

Korean
Spanish
English

The art set that has the different backing in the pictures is actually the "Japanese" one

Japanese art sets will ONLY come in a japanese kit and Japanese kits always have Japanese Text on the MVS cart and box labels .

So :
Vinh's statement regarding the 4 art sets is that :

The Yahoo Japan auction was the Regular release with the regular 3 art sets ...BUT ...the seller must have added the 4th art set and got it from a Japanese SVC PCB kit

So ....its my fault that everyone thought the 4th kit was Chineese , its actually the Japanese one ...and it does not belong that is why the backing is different , these "CART" kits were not meant for the Japanese market so thats why the Yahoo Japan member probably added the 4th art set , to appease the Japanese market he was selling to .

This all makes total sence , and on another note the kits are 100% authentic , and there should be enough for everyone who wants them .

One other point I would like to factor in it that : Vinh did not get his MVS from Japhei , although I have heard different from many others including Japhei himself .

Give credibility where credibility is due , it just makes sence .

George

Ok I had forgotten that all the latest international releases have had Korean, Spanish, and English art sets, MS5, KOF2003. So the fact that those are the ones in the kit is fine and they're the same 3 that I have in the kits in front of me.

Though I have never seen a Japanese SvC PCB kit. I can guess it was probably made, but the reason that the Japanese art and stickers appear different is probably because they were reprinted, not originals.

I will also agree that I do not believe he got his kits from Casey

But lastly, while these kits are SNKP made, there is no doubt about that, where did they come from. Vinh would be smart to make his own post about this aspect of the release with his own account.

greyimp

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Retrogamer said:
Korean
Spanish
English
Korean? It doesn't look Korean at all!
It deffinently looks Chinese...
I'll check mine again later.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
I really don't get it... do you people find so hard to see the difference between Japanese, Chinese and Korean text?

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Mushiki said:
I really don't get it... do you people find so hard to see the difference between Japanese, Chinese and Korean text?

I second that.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:

I do. Although I also don't speak any of the languages.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
I am looking at this picture -

tatsuya510421-img450x600-1079093338img_0454.jpg

I see 4 art packs (the big ones)

Top Left - Japanese
Top Right - Spanish
Bottom Left - English
Bottom Right - Chinese

Now what?

Last edited:

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
lithy said:
I do. Although I also don't speak any of the languages.

To notice the difference between japanese and chinese, you must see the difference between kanji and katakana/hirigana (not difficult).

But distinguish korean from chinese and japanese is just like distinguish between oranges and apples.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
There is no korean art set in the picture

one is japaness

one is chinese

the type of chinese used in Hong Kong Not China

china normally uses short hand in everything

although both ppl understand both types....

if that is any help

SHO

Raiden's Valet
Amano Jacu said:
I can confirm that the one in the top right corner is indeed Spanish :D

Don't believe you... you don't know a single word in spanish! :D

greyimp

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
SHO said:
the type of chinese used in Hong Kong Not China
So you're saying its Cantonese and not Mandarin, then?
...So technically it was made for HK arcades, not Chinese arcades.
...There are a lot of bootlegged stuff in Hong Kong...
But then again, who knows?
:D

SHO

Raiden's Valet
greyimp said:
So you're saying its Cantonese and not Mandarin, then?
...So technically it was made for HK arcades, not Chinese arcades.
...There are a lot of bootlegged stuff in Hong Kong...
But then again, who knows?

ok not gonna explain the difference between canton and mandarin

but i think is more directed at HK, but only a guess

HK = King of boots! :tickled:

greyimp

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
SHO said:
ok not gonna explain the difference between canton and mandarin
but i think is more directed at HK, but only a guess
You're right, it probably is directed to HK because of the traditional style characters used.
Mainland China uses the newer simplified style nowadays, so its less likely to be that.
(I forgot that Mandarin and Cantonese are the same written but different spoken.:crying: That's why I was a little confused before.)