Snk Vs Capcom Chaos Mvs Kit Details!

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
Ok, my kit arrived from Vihn and I've taken the time to take a bunch of pictures for your enjoyment. I've even compared aspects of the PCBs to KOF2003 and SS5.

CLICK HERE NOW!

Here's a glimpse...

svsc000.jpg

CLICK HERE NOW!

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
It's gotta' be legit. Look at the font and the ink used for the NGH number on the chips.

Also, you'd think that there would be no reason someone would used the hand-soldered piggybacked sub-chip on the sound chip.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Tiptonium said:
Ok, my kit arrived from Vihn and I've taken the time to take a bunch of pictures for your enjoyment. I've even compared aspects of the PCBs to KOF2003 and SS5.

CLICK HERE NOW!

Here's a glimpse...

svsc000.jpg

CLICK HERE NOW!

Wow!!

Thanks Tiptonium for taking all the pics and provided info.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Kinda weird that he has to say stuff like "looks real to me!" I thought he had contacts that gave him all sorts of inside information, yet can't clarify details on an item already in his posession?

Sure as hell is not anything I or Geddon did not COVER

You guys are fools

The damn things been legit for months

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
DougsGAMzOnGamZ said:
Sure as hell is not anything I or Geddon did not COVER

You guys are fools

The damn things been legit for months

And word is out that you're a scammer! So you're no authority either!:cool:

SnairDogg said:

I never scammed anyone

I have more authority on neo then you will ever have in your life

Its funny how someone can judge some they dont even know

SnairDogg said:

When you are dead will they remember the name SnairDogg?

Say the name japhei to someone who was in the Neo Scene and you will be sure someone knows who I am

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
DougsGAMzOnGamZ said:
When you are dead will they remember the name SnairDogg?

Say the name japhei to someone who was in the Neo Scene and you will be sure someone knows who I am

Well, you are right there. They will say "Yeah, I remember him. He was that low life piece of shit scammer/bootlegger."

mog

Bead Banger
SonGohan said:
Kinda weird that he has to say stuff like "looks real to me!" I thought he had contacts that gave him all sorts of inside information, yet can't clarify details on an item already in his posession?

Yeah considering all the work people normally go through to scrutinize bootlegs this seems to be just getting briefly looked over :emb:

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
SonGohan said:

Uh, when have I ever said that I have contacts that give me all sorts of inside information? It is my opinion that the MVS SNK vs. Capcom Chaos kit in my possession is 100% legit. But that is just my opinion based on my personal experiences as it relates to the Neo Geo, its games and the mysteries surrounding certain SNK/Playmore events.

To quote Mr Rumsfeld...

"The message is that there are no knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns, that is to say there are things we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns - things we do not know we don't know. "So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say 'well, that's basically what we see as the situation', that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns."

:)

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
If that is a boot, then people just have WAY too much time on their hands.

I'm pretty sure its legit.

oh teh drama :emb:

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
Tip,

I believe he is reffering to Trieuminator, since Arcade Shock is the place where you bought the MVS Kit from.

Did that game include an SNK Vs. Capcom Poster?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I wish Shawn would weigh in on this. It's just weird that he didn't have any of these kits for the Neo Store.

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
Robert Wallace said:
Tip,

I believe he is reffering to Trieuminator, since Arcade Shock is the place where you bought the MVS Kit from.

Did that game include an SNK Vs. Capcom Poster?

Ahhhh.... Yeah, Vinh was being vague with his emails. It appears that he's under some sort of "gag order" from some entity. I suppose that in time we well all know the behind the scenes stuff.

Yup, it came with the SNK cs. Capcom Chaos poster and a KOF 2002 poster.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I got my kit from Arcade Shock in the mail today. The serial # on mine is 001936, so I'm pretty sure there's plenty of these kits out there. Wherever they come from. The cart works great with my MV-1F board too.

praedicator

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
The serial # on mine is 001936
Whoa... that totally freaked me out for a second. The serial number on mine is 001934 and when reading your post I could only remember the 00193 part of my serial.

Wouldn't it have been scary if *everyone* had the same serial number?:loco:

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
The thing is legit. You guys don't honestly think Vinh would be selling fucking boot kits do you? jesus.
We could blame playmoer for another fuckup but honestly, all this has led to is an abundance of these kits meaning that we get them at a better price.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Tiptonium said:

You know, for some reason I thought it was a link to Trieu talking about the kit. So I thought all that stuff was coming from him, so that's why I thought it was kinda awkward. Sorry for the confusion :)

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
praedicator said:
Whoa... that totally freaked me out for a second. The serial number on mine is 001934 and when reading your post I could only remember the 00193 part of my serial.

Wouldn't it have been scary if *everyone* had the same serial number?:loco:

Ha, mine's 001935.

mog

Bead Banger
That gag order part makes the aquisition of these carts sound less legit, even if they are official. I'm starting to agree that these were probably sitting around somewhere waiting to hit later on and made it into other peoples' hands.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
The thing is legit. You guys don't honestly think Vinh would be selling fucking boot kits do you? jesus.
We could blame playmoer for another fuckup but honestly, all this has led to is an abundance of these kits meaning that we get them at a better price.

Not until there is some competition unfortunately. Vinh has probably sold a ton of these for 200 bucks each, when serial numbers easily show that there are 2000 of these out there.