BAD SELLER ALERT: Telegames Uk

Lovecraft0110

Ace Gho,
20 Year Member
I know that there was a recent thread about Telegames UK and their infamous shipping charges, but I have something to report:

I have bought three NOS games from them: Sengoku, Magician Lord and Ninja Combat. They charged me 36 Uk pounds (66 $) for shipping these three carts from England to Spain, and here is what I got:

-Ninja Combat AES: totally destroyed inner tray, insert completely smashed, with multiple tears and creases.

-Sengoku AES: game in USED AND TOTAL CRAP condition, with cart full of scratches and obvious insertion marks.

Both games were supposed to be brand new and mint. I have told them that I will ship this crap back so that they give me NEW stuff in return. I will keep you posted.

In short: STAY AWAY FROM THESE MORONS! :very_ang:

I would appreciate it if someone could host the pics of the damaged games for me, so that this can serve as a warning to possible future customers

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Lovecraft0110 said:
I would appreciate it if someone could host the pics of the damaged games for me, so that this can serve as a warning to possible future customers

I think I could do that - just shoot me a PM and then e-mail me with the pics (hhimeliv@nc.rr.com).

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Bulletnyourass said:
Galfordo,

The link doesn't work for me. It takes me to a search engine page.

Phillip

should be ok now.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Lovercraft,

Have they agreed to exchange the games or give you a refund? I hope this works out for you. I would also be pissed if I received NOS games and they arrived to me in that condition.

Phillip

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
Be informed that I had an issue with them in the past. I got a Gururin MVS Kit from them and it came without mini marquee and a non removable pen mark in the box, otherwise it was like new/new, as stated. They told me to return it to them, which I did, they were communicative and receptive, then they sent me another kit I won after that (Aero Fighters 2) deducting the appropriate amount.

Together with Guruin a couple more CD games were shipped, all new but one had duct tape all over it and was full of black marker rests. If I remember well it also came with a cracked case or something. Their padding system was not very compact and safe either, they used padding stuff but the way they used it made it pretty much useless. I reported them the situation and I got some kind of discount in the next order I placed.

I also got a brand new AES, it was sealed and I opened it; I noticed that the inner tray had a crack (a hidden one in the inner side, not visible), but if a game comes sealed you have no right to claim IMO.

The second time things were much better, with better padding (still not the best ) and everything arrived, fortunately, in perfect shape.

If you are polite with them they should made it up to you, but definitely I would not recommend buying from them unless you are getting cheap rare or new old stuff, which is almost impossible now that they have raised their shipping fees.

Try to keep contact with the same guy, that way you will be granted with a bigger likelihood that they will try to do the right thing.

Lovecraft0110

Ace Gho,
20 Year Member
@galfordo: thanks a lot for hosting those pics for me.

They have agreed to send me two new and actually MINT games in exchanged for this damaged crap. However, I will have to pay the return shipping myself. They offered to make me a discount if I buy again from them (towards those shipping charges), but there's no way in hell I am going to buy from them ever again.

So let me repeat this again: DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BUY FROM THESE GUYS!!!

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
I actually bought Magician Lord and Alpha Mission II from telegames off ebay. It was listed as "NOS" and games arrived in near mint condition. As usual, I had to pay their rip-off postage rates :very_ang:

games4lynn

n00b
Thank you for the warning. Sorry about that. Let us know if they will make this right for you. That's a shame.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Sounds like it's better to just stay away. That shit is unacceptable.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
I agree that Telegames charge ridiculous postage prices but the fact is that it is all there in black and white, if it's too much just don't buy from them.

When I bought a game of them it was sent in just a small carboard box with no padding which is completely unsuitable. Their service on the other hand is pretty good from my experience. They should sort you out with some replacements.