NGPC Price Guide, now ON-LINE!

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Well, the NGPC Price Guide has been finished and is now on-line here at Neo-Geo.com. It can be found HERE

Some notes on the page. It includes all releases in the UK, US, and Japan, but at the moment does not include variants such as the cover variants, the supposed US hardcase versions, or any bootleg multicarts. In the near future, hardware such as the limited edition boxsets, slimlines, and some accessories will also be included.

Some games have not been seen for sale in literally years and as such are not priced. Very few of these though.

Data for this guide was gathered from on-line sources such as eBay, retailers, and also some of the long-standing NGPC forum members. The price ranges are best estimates using the most data, but also common sense. In other words, the high price for CardFighter's Clash 2 is not $250, even though one sold for that much. In the future, updates will be made based on trends and not on single sales numbers. If 3 Gals Fighters UK are sold for $80-100, but one goes for $150, the range will be $80-100. Extraneous low and high info will be taken with a grain of salt as you would hope.

Please feel free to send me any sales data you can, but please substantiate any numbers with at least a link to the auction, sales page, or whatever. Also, if it's a private sale, please have the seller and buyer e-mail me. But only send info if it's outside the current price range.

A note about the rarity category. This is based on occurance AND perception. The UK data is fairly accurate, since the most data is known about those sales (highest volume and also several UK members have assisted in this). A new rating has been created, Perceived Rarity (PR). This means that the game seems to be rare, but it is probably just a swing in sales volume. Is Puyo Puyo really rare? No, lots of people have it, but it's rarely available. Is Pocket Reversi rare? You bet. It's very rare, but how many exist? Definitely more than Euro Kizunas..... Perceived rarity is the term used for games where the rarity is seriously in question due to inconsistent supply and demand.

One last note: This is a GUIDE. I know there's bound to be some wailing and gnashing of teeth over the creation of said guide, but this is meant to give people an idea of what's out there. You'll note that the prices on it are very reasonable and along the lines of current sales. I'm a gamer and collector myself and have really nothing to gain by making the prices jump. This will help answer lots of questions people have, but also should hopefully bring in some new People of the Pocket!

let the discussion begin.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
looks great, not sure Evolution UK is EER or Koi Koi Mahjong is worth that much, but its definitely a nice piece of work.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
its kind of confusing...

sorry for not reading this... but why not in alphabetical order... then putting whatever info needs to be with it.....

†B†V†

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
interesting guide, i m surprised evolution was rare like that and dont cost soo much finally, if you compare with card fighter 2!

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
c.t.h said:
looks great, not sure Evolution UK is EER or Koi Koi Mahjong is worth that much, but its definitely a nice piece of work.

I was debating the Evolution rarity listing, but it's VERY hard to find. And the print run is rumored to be 2000 as compared with 5000 for Faselei! and in the 100,000's for Sonic.

When was the last Koi Koi sold? Ain't seen it in at least a year. And the data on that came from one of the more prominent sellers, 2D, who is definitely in the know on that stuff.

@Dave, the order was done this way since I wanted to go by NEOP# and have the region differences in numbering be more evident. And since there is so few games, I figured it's very easy to quickly find whatever game you're looking for. Thanks for the input!

Allien133

Astra Superstar
Wow, nice job man. i like it alot.

I never new my Gals Fighter (best) was rare. :D

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Allien133 said:
Wow, nice job man. i like it alot.

I never new my Gals Fighter (best) was rare. :D

never see them available. One of the harder Best Collection games to find! Gals Fighter prices are higher than the others because the game is damn good and people don't want to sell it!

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
D-Lite said:
never see them available. One of the harder Best Collection games to find! Gals Fighter prices are higher than the others because the game is damn good and people don't want to sell it!

when i think a picpocket stolen this game from me , well i m more pissed now !

oh, and you will put the asian card fighter clash (who play in english) ? or i have missed a line ?

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
D-Lite said:
I was debating the Evolution rarity listing, but it's VERY hard to find. And the print run is rumored to be 2000 as compared with 5000 for Faselei! and in the 100,000's for Sonic.

When was the last Koi Koi sold? Ain't seen it in at least a year. And the data on that came from one of the more prominent sellers, 2D, who is definitely in the know on that stuff.

@Dave, the order was done this way since I wanted to go by NEOP# and have the region differences in numbering be more evident. And since there is so few games, I figured it's very easy to quickly find whatever game you're looking for. Thanks for the input!

no problem :)

thats actually a pretty good way of doing it.
I was just going on the "average" user.... just glancing upon it and trying to find a game was hard for me to do (as I do not know a lot of region #'s etc....)... but more experienced people do... and I am sure like that as well.

†B†V†

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
okay,
good work.
I was a little confused initially until i realized what order it was in.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
koikoi, as with all the japanese games, can be had on yahoo japan. it just takes some patience and looking everyday. it's not as if it's NEVER sold.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Evolution is not as rare as some say.
Pretty easy to find actually.
The thing that is most off though is it's price. A like new copy just finished for about $65 on the bay.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
ORPHEUS said:
Evolution is not as rare as some say.
Pretty easy to find actually.
The thing that is most off though is it's price. A like new copy just finished for about $65 on the bay.

Other than Pocket Reversi, Evolution is probably the rarest of the UK carts. It is one of the more requested ones on the forums too. Typical prices are in the $100+ range, but I'll keep an eye on it

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
really my games are worth that much, crazy collectors :loco:

anyway I bought a Soreike! Hanafuda Dojo about 4-6 months ago on a yahoo japan auction. Unfortunitly i do not remember what I paid for it. I believe around $30 but I would have to find it. but then again I bought Pocket reverse english on ebay 2-3 years back for $20. so take that for what it is worth.

Looks like I was lucky in preordering all those games from Simply games back in the day. Would have been great if they filled my Big Bang english pro Wrestling preorder. To bad they no longer ship to the US. Got a bunch of dreamcast games from them as well.

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
Bluevoodu said:
its kind of confusing...

sorry for not reading this... but why not in alphabetical order... then putting whatever info needs to be with it.....

†B†V†

Yeah the first time I looked at it I was abit confused too. :confused:

Yet D-Lite still did a pretty good job and its about time we have a Neo Pocket price guide. Keep up the good work! :glee:

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
I took the time to examine it well and I find it a great tool to use.
Geat work really Dean.