Adjusting rgb/vga monitors

Crissaegrim

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have a Sony GVM 2020. Awesome 20 inch monitor that has vga, rgb, svid and composite. It looks great but for certain things I plug into it the picture not centered right. No matter what system I plug in the picture is tilted to the right. It is still a perfect rectangle, but the whole thing is off a few degrees. For some systems, the whole thing is way off to the left and has some pincushen problems. I can use the panel adjustments to correct some of it but it isn't enough.

Is it possible to open this thing up and have access to more controls. I am assuming something is wrong since some systems seem to be fine.

BTW, I'm using the rgb input with a custom cable.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I have one of those monitor myself, so I know what you mean. If you are using the 9 pin RGB, you will get that problem. I found that if you use the 5 BNC RGB, it won't do that and will give you a nice centered picture. I have never tried to take mine apart, so I don't know if there are more dials inside the unit to adjust it or not. I hope that helps.

Crissaegrim

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Yea, that helps alot. I would love to just get a new cable. The worst thing is that my Neo Geo runs the worst on it. It shakes like crazy. Thanks for the tip.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I have ran my MVS stuff on this monitor and it doesn't shake or anything for me. I have noticed however, that when I use the shotgun in Metal Slug, the screen will shake a bit when I fire it.

And if you need the manual in PDF format, I have it on my website here: http://www.arcade4home.com/GVM2020

Last edited: