PDA

View Full Version : Slug 5 U.S. is teh RARE

TonK
03-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Sold out!

StarPhoenix
03-27-2004, 11:02 AM
6 Japanese AES Metal Slug 5's are still remaining though! I have no money now though!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Star Phoenix

phyrexiadamned
03-27-2004, 11:05 AM
damn damn just damn
glad i picked mine up a while ago
i thaught they would stay around for a while looks like im not getting a 2nd coppy

DevilRedeemed
03-27-2004, 11:07 AM
there appears to be 4 more classic metal slug 5 packs.

SNKJorge
03-27-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by StarPhoenix
6 Japanese AES Metal Slug 5's are still remaining though! I have no money now though!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Star Phoenix

I have an extra US copy that I can sell to you later on for

$600 + Shipping:tickled:

TonK
03-27-2004, 11:09 AM
wow, the value of this game will always be at $435.... DAMN.

Kid Aphex
03-27-2004, 11:10 AM
whew, good thing US insert art is utterly atrocious and only for collectors.

TonK
03-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Kid Aphex
whew, good thing US insert art is utterly atrocious and only for collectors.

True that, thats why I have an Xbox ;)

DevilRedeemed
03-27-2004, 11:14 AM
fuck it. I really want one but short of selling my soul, I can't afford it right now. and I'm 3 days shy of being able to :crying:

if someone can take one for me I will paypal them straight away on tuesday.

:help:

TonK
03-27-2004, 11:26 AM
bump

Kid Aphex
03-27-2004, 11:28 AM
Good thing you can get the JAP MS5 anywhere, otherwise i'd have to drop a boat load of cash right now.

DevilRedeemed
03-27-2004, 12:12 PM
damn it... this is harsh. To watch the last 2 copies of this game slip away... bollocks.
Personally would have preffered if they could have also put an art pack with the grey label/insert on the game and the red label/insert as an extra.

me wants the original print plates :drool_2:

udisi
03-27-2004, 12:38 PM
www.ncsx.com still has US Slug 5 in stock for those panicing

parodius
03-27-2004, 12:44 PM
I've noticed the 2 classic left too. But you guys forget that Shawn said the classic stock had to be manually updated, so I think it is indeed sold-out.

More interesting : how will the remaining stock (if any, which I think there is) of the classic MS5 insert/sticker be sold ? :smirk:

verbel
03-27-2004, 12:54 PM
I guess I'll have to survive without one seeing as I don't get payed till next week

rudekid
03-27-2004, 01:25 PM
Oh well just cleared my credit card debt and now have just gone back into debt.:)

Makismo
03-27-2004, 01:46 PM
Hmm, It took less than 6 weeks for the entire English Metal Slug 5 stock to sell out. There is still 5 Japanese Metal Slug 5 games remaining unless they have been sold out. I would jump on this if I were you. It is interesting to see this game sell out so quickly because it took about a year and a half for Metal Slug 4 to sell out. It also had a couple of price drops as well. This is the first title not only to sell out in just over a month but also the first title that went up instead of going down in price. It took about 6 months for Rage of the Dragons to sell out but there was no price increase even when the Neo Store only had a few copies left. It seems that Shawn has gotten smarter about raising the prices when he is about to sell out of a run.

I really thought that the game would take longer to sell out than it did. I guess 300 English copies was not enough and 500 copies for SVC was too many. It would probably would have been better if the Metal Slug 5 run was bigger. Perhaps Shawn can request another batch to be made up with the blue genre stripe in place.

DevilRedeemed
03-27-2004, 02:13 PM
=all gone=

this in stark contrast to the volume of Matrimelees and KOF2K2s that are still available....

bring on MS6... erm.. on AW... will have to settle for the port :rolleyes:

Nick Goracke
03-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by TonK
Sold out!

CURRENTLY Sold out.

Think about it. ;)

DevilRedeemed
03-27-2004, 02:43 PM
CURRENTLY Sold out

no I think this is a message which will pop up when any stock is sold out - it doesn't mean they will be getting more in.

However - as was pointed out www.ncsx.com appears to have them in stock still - and if there is any way of getting the ms5 art packs from this site (if there are any left that is) and getting the game from the other then its not so bad.

DevilRedeemed
03-27-2004, 02:46 PM
Sold Out! - MS5 U.S. Classic is now the RAREST Slug - Prove Me Wrong

can't prove you wrong - but can't prove you right either. How do you know MS4 classic isn't rarer?

Orpheus
03-27-2004, 03:37 PM
wow, the value of this game will always be at $435.... DAMN.

That was the retail price for the cart with the classic art pack.
You need to go spam up another message board. I guess whats good for you is all that maters huh.

Lastblade
03-27-2004, 03:41 PM
Heh. Suckers.

Sklabah
03-27-2004, 03:51 PM
Well. Last week, I purchased KOF 2003. I love it. I can't stop playing it. I thought I'd try and save up for MS5, then this. Tell you what...I'm kinda glad it sold out from under my nose. That saves me some cash on an incomplete game. Maybe the X-Box port will have the missing level.

Yeah, it's sour grapes griping, but whatever. :)

TonK
03-27-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by ORPHEUS
That was the retail price for the cart with the classic art pack.
You need to go spam up another message board. I guess whats good for you is all that maters huh.

Dude, you are such a crybaby.

Whats your set agenda?

Do you have a consistent viewpoint?

Orpheus
03-27-2004, 04:07 PM

Whats your set agenda?

Crybaby, no.
Drama spotter, yeah.
Honestly Mike, You try to "re-invent" your self more than madona.
You are against collectors......Then you support them.....Then you are one....then your not.
You love NGF.....Then you start publically bashing them.......now Chris ray is your "good budy" (as you say)
The list goes on and on.
You have tons of theads and posts recently trying add to the drama, hype the price of carts up and just generaly see yourself "talk".
My viewpoint?... always the same (at least mine stays the same): Drama whores/queens on the net are sad. I laugh at them in life and I do the same here.
My agenda....fuck mine.....lets hear yours. I can't see you having one that does not have to do with driving up prices of carts that you have with hype. or just hyping/driving up prices of titles in general just do you can get some shits and giggles out of it. Either way it's pretty fucking sad.
I know we have been O.K. with each other but honestly, your just too offbeat for words Mike.

Orpheus
03-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by parodius
how will the remaining stock (if any, which I think there is) of the classic MS5 insert/sticker be sold ? :smirk:

IF (emphasis on the if) there are any remaining Shawn will sell them with another home cart in order to speed up sales. The PRIMARY purpose of these inserts is so Shawn can use them as a selling tool/incentive to move his carts.

TonK
03-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Crybaby, no.
Drama spotter, yeah.
Honestly Mike, You try to "re-invent" your self more than madona.
You are against collectors......Then you support them.....Then you are one....then your not.
You love NGF.....Then you start publically bashing them.......now Chris ray is your "good budy" (as you say)
The list goes on and on.
You have tons of theads and posts recently trying add to the drama, hype the price of carts up and just generaly see yourself "talk".
My viewpoint?... always the same (at least mine stays the same): Drama whores/queens on the net are sad. I laugh at them in life and I do the same here.
My agenda....fuck mine.....lets hear yours. I can't see you having one that does not have to do with driving up prices of carts that you have with hype. or just hyping/driving up prices of titles in general just do you can get some shits and giggles out of it. Either way it's pretty fucking sad.
I know we have been O.K. with each other but honestly, your just too offbeat for words Mike.

But I have a "Classic Slug 5"

Now move on peasant.

udisi
03-27-2004, 04:27 PM
original price for MS5 classic was $409, it went up to $435

Orpheus
03-27-2004, 04:28 PM
But I have a "Classic Slug 5"

Now move on peasant.

Sucks for you, I mean, you hate the game anyway right.;)

TonK
03-27-2004, 04:32 PM
Sucks for you, I mean, you hate the game anyway right.;)

MS5 sucks...

Orpheus
03-27-2004, 04:44 PM
MS5 sucks...

It was all down hill after 3 man.
I don't even want to see what 6 will be.
I just want the series to die a happy death.

SonGohan
03-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Must be easy being a drama spotter when you add to 90% of it.

TonK
03-27-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Nick Goracke
CURRENTLY Sold out.

Think about it. ;)

Think about this: MS3 U.S. (http://www.neostore.com/detail.asp?ProductID=671)

Fakk2
03-27-2004, 05:17 PM
this sucks....I made my order 1 day before price went up on it....then I get an email from Shawn 1 day later saying "they are selling like hotcakes so now the price is $435 do you still want it?" I replied yes, I still want it, and by the time I replied he had 9 MS5 USA left, now he is SOLD OUT! and I still havent gotten my confirmation email that he is selling it to me!? geez... SHAWN Please email me and tell me whats happening with my order of the classic edition MS5. :(

Orpheus
03-27-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Fakk2
this sucks....I made my order 1 day before price went up on it....then I get an email from Shawn 1 day later saying "they are selling like hotcakes so now the price is $435 do you still want it?" I replied yes, I still want it, and by the time I replied he had 9 MS5 USA left, now he is SOLD OUT! and I still havent gotten my confirmation email that he is selling it to me!? geez... SHAWN Please email me and tell me whats happening with my order of the classic edition MS5. :(

That is COMPLETEY dick. I seriously doubt he would do something that dirty. If he did I would be completely shocked.

TonK
03-27-2004, 05:37 PM
That is COMPLETEY dick. I seriously doubt he would do something that dirty. If he did I would be completely shocked.

:shame:

Are you adding teh drama?

SHO
03-27-2004, 05:41 PM
this has got to be the fastest sell out ever!!!

I thought i had plenty more time to buy this game, and the thing bloody sold out in 1 month

Orpheus
03-27-2004, 05:44 PM
:shame:

Are you adding teh drama?

No, not trying to at least. If I am, I am sorry, but the claim made by fakk2 (if true) is absolutely absurd and disgusting.

Fakk2
03-27-2004, 05:47 PM
what else can I say, Im still dying for his email to say if I even get one now.... Im not trying to put down Shawn, hes allways been great to me before, its only this time that things are screwey....

Orpheus
03-27-2004, 05:51 PM
what else can I say, Im still dying for his email to say if I even get one now.... Im not trying to put down Shawn, hes allways been great to me before, its only this time that things are screwey....

BOTTOM LINE: If you placed an order BEFORE a price increase and Shawn had the audacity to try and make you pay more after the fact than he did a very fucked up thing.

SHO
03-27-2004, 05:51 PM

why did you have to email?

did you not just do the shopping cart thing?

Lastblade
03-27-2004, 06:28 PM
BOTTOM LINE: If you placed an order BEFORE a price increase and Shawn had the audacity to try and make you pay more after the fact than he did a very fucked up thing.

Why was there a price increase in the first place?? Did the MS5 classic pack got more expensive to produce after the fact?? :D

DevilRedeemed
03-27-2004, 06:33 PM
the price increase put me off. Its like their trying to mess with the price guide already. Even so - my theory is that the last batch had to be sold at a higher price to make up the profit margin - in other words - the great majority of the art packs where sold maybe not much more than cost - and these last ones help to balance the book.

Even so, its a kick in the teeth.

Fakk2
03-27-2004, 06:47 PM
I email him (Shawn) for my orders because I do not use the shopping cart system....Im sending him money orders... and Im not saying he is going to sell me one at the normal $409 price or the newer price $435 since he simply said that it was now higher price, and do I still want it....not sure if he is going to sell it to me at all yet since he has not replied yet to me since I told him I still wanted it....maby he will still sell it to me at $409 since I made my order first, maby he will sell it to me at the $435 price, maby he wont sell me one at all....until he emails me back I dont know. Hope he lets me know soon whats up.... he has been simply awesome so far on every order I ever made from him so...??? Maby he is just too busy to email me back yet... time will tell, either way I still love the NeoStore, and I bought Metal Slug 5 when Shawn first got it, so at least I got that one.

SHO
03-27-2004, 07:12 PM
I email him (Shawn) for my orders because I do not use the shopping cart system....Im sending him money orders... and Im not saying he is going to sell me one at the normal $409 price or the newer price $435 since he simply said that it was now higher price, and do I still want it....not sure if he is going to sell it to me at all yet since he has not replied yet to me since I told him I still wanted it....maby he will still sell it to me at $409 since I made my order first, maby he will sell it to me at the $435 price, maby he wont sell me one at all....until he emails me back I dont know. Hope he lets me know soon whats up.... he has been simply awesome so far on every order I ever made from him so...??? Maby he is just too busy to email me back yet... time will tell, either way I still love the NeoStore, and I bought Metal Slug 5 when Shawn first got it, so at least I got that one.

oh got ya...

email him again to confirm i'm sure he will reply

even if you have to pay the price increase, its still worth it... you not the only one paying the price increase

Fakk2
03-27-2004, 07:14 PM
I emailed him 3 times so far since then, he must be busy at the moment....

Dio_Brando
03-27-2004, 08:27 PM

Whats your set agenda?

Man, shut up about you wonderful MS5 classic.

Thats just sad.

ResO
03-27-2004, 08:37 PM
Wow, I can't believe he sold out all 56 MS5 classic bundles in a mere 5 days!?!

I guess it makes sense seeing as there couldn't be much more than 75 of these inserts for each classic edition existing. After this news I just caved in......I had to order my copy of KOF'03 w/ the classic insert! Honestly, think of how hard these things will be to come by in just a few years from now. I just couldn't resist :drool:

DevilRedeemed
03-27-2004, 09:11 PM
Honestly, think of how hard these things will be to come by in just a few years from now. I just couldn't resist

this will sound harsh but, in a couple of years the neo geo will probably be way less relevant than it is now. Hope I'm wrong ofcourse.

SHO
03-27-2004, 09:40 PM
wow :eek: Jap version is now also sold out in the neo store

Neo-weirdo
03-27-2004, 10:38 PM
What the hell was the big rush to dump the stock anyways?? "omg it's been 1 month and we haven't sold all the MS5's yet!this is terrible....OMG!!" LOL

Seriously, alot of people haven't even bought thier FIRST copy yet while many of these collectors are buying out the stock because of the stupid little "classic" insert. It's not fair to the people that are still saving thier money to buy the game.

What a joke.

Loopz
03-27-2004, 10:47 PM
These inserts are horseshit.

No matter what you folks try to pass them off as, it really comes off as the last, dying gasp of an idea-less company (Playmore) doing it's absolute most to cash in on the love generated by hard work that wasn't even theirs. Metal Slug and KoF were the brainchildren of people far more talented than these hucksters passing off shit like MS4, KoF2003 and KoF NeoWave.

SNK never did this kind of shit because they were never that desperate. If anything, they erred on the side of consistently trying to innovate too much with all the doomed hardware projects (NGPC,Hyper,NGCD). I don't know what's more pathetic, the fact that SNK-P (or whoever) is making these, or that there are saps out there who jumped on 'em with the fuckin' swiftness.

SNK is dead. Playmore=NGF after this whole mess.

SonGohan
03-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Loopz

No matter what you folks try to pass them off as, it really comes off as the last, dying gasp of an idea-less company (Playmore) doing it's absolute most to cash in on the love generated by hard work that wasn't even theirs. Metal Slug and KoF were the brainchildren of people far more talented than these hucksters passing off shit like MS4, KoF2003 and KoF NeoWave.

SNK never did this kind of shit because they were never that desperate. If anything, they erred on the side of consistently trying to innovate too much with all the doomed hardware projects (NGPC,Hyper,NGCD). I don't know what's more pathetic, the fact that SNK-P (or whoever) is making these, or that there are saps out there who jumped on 'em with the fuckin' swiftness.

SNK is dead. Playmore=NGF after this whole mess.

I was under the impression that when this idea was conjured up, they originally laughed at the idea but Shawn pressed for them to be released. At least that's what I got when Shawn spoke of it. So this is kind of a Shawn-thing.

Loopz
03-27-2004, 10:57 PM
I was under the impression that when this idea was conjured up, they originally laughed at the idea but Shawn pressed for them to be released. At least that's what I got when Shawn spoke of it. So this is kind of a Shawn-thing.

Well, whatever it is, I feel it smacks of the lamest kind of opportunism. Why not offer fans a free swap of their old insert?
Being able to send in your old cart and $20 or something similar would have been more than fair. It's just a piece of paper and a sticker. The fact that they'd go so far to create a new uber-collectable just reeks man. It's the EXACT same mindset NGF had.

An officially sanctioned bad idea is still a bad idea.

ResO
03-27-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by SonGohan

I agree that this must be a Shawn thing. You think Playmore ever has an ideas?? I think the classic inserts are great, and it was fantastic of Shawn to press the production of these. I've dealt with Playmore of Japan first-hand a few times, and I must say that it is quite hard to twist their arm about anything no matter what cash value you may be throwing on the table. I'm sure many of you feel bitter that you preordered these games and that it was the people who waited to give their business that got the bonus, but it's not Shawns fault. I'm sure that if Shawn could have done anything to get the inserts sooner, he would have done so in a heart beat. For those who still oppose the inserts, I want you to look at your shelf of AES carts and see if you happen to have an English/Jpn version of a game that isn't the more common version, and then think to yourself if you still think that carts that are more limited are lame, why do you own it? The bottom line is that it is always cool to have a rare piece in your collection that you're stoked on. You should thank your lucky stars that you even have an opportunity at hand to own one of these super rare versions of a game. Once again, I give a huge pat on the back to Shawn for bringing the AES fans so much these past years.

SonGohan
03-27-2004, 11:21 PM
Well, whatever it is, I feel it smacks of the lamest kind of opportunism. Why not offer fans a free swap of their old insert?
Being able to send in your old cart and $20 or something similar would have been more than fair. It's just a piece of paper and a sticker. The fact that they'd go so far to create a new uber-collectable just reeks man. It's the EXACT same mindset NGF had.

An officially sanctioned bad idea is still a bad idea.

I'll agree. However, who gives a fuck about homecarts? US versions, at that. Let the collector's have their fun with these while the rest of the sane people sit back and laugh. I mean, we're talking about a particular part of the Neo scene where people get bent out of shape whether or not the corner of their stickers are square or curved.

bmoc
03-27-2004, 11:21 PM
Boy, boy, boy............

You guys have let Shawn manipulate you again.......Slug 4 & 5 SUCK BIGTIME ANYWAY..........like I said before, this CLASSIC COVER THING IS NOTHING BUT FRAUD PERPETUATED ON THE UNEDUCATED Neo buyer..............same game.........bad sticker updates.................etc.............Slug 4 & 5 WILL NEVER BE BIG COLLECTOR'S ITEMS.......can find them on the net and Ebay like flies on a picnic table..............think men, think.........!!!!!!!

Nick Goracke
03-27-2004, 11:30 PM
Think about this: MS3 U.S. (http://www.neostore.com/detail.asp?ProductID=671)

So my paranoia was for naught. ;)

SHO
03-27-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by bmoc
Boy, boy, boy............

You guys have let Shawn manipulate you again.......Slug 4 & 5 SUCK BIGTIME ANYWAY..........like I said before, this CLASSIC COVER THING IS NOTHING BUT FRAUD PERPETUATED ON THE UNEDUCATED Neo buyer..............same game.........bad sticker updates.................etc.............Slug 4 & 5 WILL NEVER BE BIG COLLECTOR'S ITEMS.......can find them on the net and Ebay like flies on a picnic table..............think men, think.........!!!!!!!

Sorry i buy cos i want to play the game, not buy because i want to resell

and i want to own it brand new, not buy 2nd hand from another member

and i want the art set because it looks good

yes we can buy it from egay there will lots on egay, but they are not brand new!!!

DevilRedeemed
03-27-2004, 11:44 PM
I'll agree. However, who gives a fuck about homecarts? US versions, at that. Let the collector's have their fun with these while the rest of the sane people sit back and laugh

nah.. most carts where probably taken by speculators. I know I was motivated by this.. :emb: This venture was about making a quick buck - that includes SNKP, Shawn, and some of us...

anyway, its a good way to make space for the new AW stock that are neostore bound probably within the next couple of months
:glee:

You should thank your lucky stars that you even have an opportunity at hand to own one of these super rare versions of a game.

:oh_no: fanboy. you're in danger of sounding like Makismo back in the day when he was in love with the NGF posse.

what did you expect? - a backlash was just around the corner

Winston Goh
03-28-2004, 03:30 AM

I did not get a reply either...send payment by paypal already. When I send, there was still 12 copy left...

son_of_bael
03-28-2004, 09:49 AM
I did not get a reply either...send payment by paypal already. When I send, there was still 12 copy left...

I ordered one when there were 9 left, and I got a conformation email.

Atomiswave
03-28-2004, 12:13 PM
Horseshit.

AHHAhaHAH I cant believe people like TonK making threads thinking they are kings of the beach for owning an insert for this shit ahhahahahahahahha you have been WAY ripped off. The neo scene WONT be what it is now (think about it, no new releases =less demand) simple as that. Like so many other people say on this thread, you have been sucked into it, thinking youve got a euro kizuna or something :rolleyes: big cheese, you have an unoriginal add on sticker. you paid HOW MUCH!?:rolleyes: profit my ass...stop trying to make everyone think youve got a piece of history ahahhaha....

here's a smilie from snkp to you: :p

TonK
03-28-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Atomiswave
Horseshit.

AHHAhaHAH I cant believe people like TonK making threads thinking they are kings of the beach for owning an insert for this shit ahhahahahahahahha you have been WAY ripped off. The neo scene WONT be what it is now (think about it, no new releases =less demand) simple as that. Like so many other people say on this thread, you have been sucked into it, thinking youve got a euro kizuna or something :rolleyes: big cheese, you have an unoriginal add on sticker. you paid HOW MUCH!?:rolleyes: profit my ass...stop trying to make everyone think youve got a piece of history ahahhaha....

this post made me roffle.

thx noob.

SHO
03-28-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Atomiswave
Horseshit.

why can't ppl just realise when we buy a neo geo game we buy it to play with it

just like buying xbox, ps2 and gamecube games.... you dont get what you pay for back

i have tons of saturn psx and n64 games... they are worth next to nothing.... but i still bought them back then.... cos i played with them:buttrock:

i want the art pack because it looks nice!!! and it is quality print, not some shit office printer print!

there are some hardcore collectors out there.... but just leave them pay the money they want to pay... its up to them

prefect
03-28-2004, 05:35 PM
Well I received my art bundles and I couldn't be happier!!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks Shawn!

Sure, I didn't really like the way I had to purchase them but....I think they are worth it!

I can finally look at my Metal Slug 4 and not become nauseous by the ugliness of the insert!

Metal Slug 5 looks pretty good too!!

quixux
03-29-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by prefect
Well I received my art bundles and I couldn't be happier!!

Thanks Shawn!

Sure, I didn't really like the way I had to purchase them but....I think they are worth it!

I can finally look at my Metal Slug 4 and not become nauseous by the ugliness of the insert!

Yet still own a fairly shit game.

prefect
03-29-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by quixux
Yet still own a fairly shit game.

That's your opinion. :rolleyes:

I happen to like the game and therefore don't feel that way.

galfordo
03-29-2004, 08:17 AM
I'm sort of curious as to why this game sold so incredibly quickly, even with the new insert. I guess the death of the Neo is sort of helping to fuel this hype.

I still don't see Metal Slug 5 fetching prices like MS1, 2, 3, or X.

Anyway, I grabbed one from japanvideogames.com - does anyone know whether these guys are pretty fair dealers or not?

MSRdude
03-29-2004, 09:17 AM
i dont believe MS 5 is sold out! :eek:

galfordo
03-29-2004, 12:26 PM
I predict that MS 3 will be the next slug to be worth big bucks (500+).

Bluevoodu
03-29-2004, 02:13 PM

No matter what you folks try to pass them off as, it really comes off as the last, dying gasp of an idea-less company (Playmore) doing it's absolute most to cash in on the love generated by hard work that wasn't even theirs.

who said this was their idea? ;)

BV

galfordo
03-29-2004, 02:54 PM
No more copies of MS5 US left anywhere as far as I can tell. japanvideogames.com is all out - they're only getting the JPN version.

Oh well, my poor pocketbook could use the break anyway - and it is by most accounts a mediocre game anyway.

animegal
03-29-2004, 05:46 PM
If anyone lives in California and orders from JapanVideoGames.com, you will have to also pay a whopping sales tax which increases the overall price to over $400 for it, that is even before their price increase which went into effect today for any new orders after yesterday........

Are the Slug 5 Jap versions going up in value also then?

galfordo
03-29-2004, 07:05 PM
I had an order with them, but they weren't gonna be able to get the JPN version so I cancelled it. I hadn't heard about the sales tax bullshit, but considering it's in CA makes it sound about right.

Fakk2
03-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Well, here it is 5:22pm pst Monday, and still no emails from Shawn at all about my MS5 Classic order I made! :( Hes either busy as hell, or avoiding me like the plague. :P Either way the suspense is killing me..... Shawn please email me!

animegal
03-29-2004, 08:07 PM
Well, here it is 5:22pm pst Monday, and still no emails from Shawn at all about my MS5 Classic order I made! :( Hes either busy as hell, or avoiding me like the plague. :P Either way the suspense is killing me..... Shawn please email me!

Atro
03-29-2004, 08:09 PM
Now that the Neo's dead and burried, looks like people are in a hurry to get AES carts !

:eye:

prefect
03-29-2004, 08:34 PM
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jlulewic/temp/slugs.jpg

TonK
03-29-2004, 08:37 PM

Very nice!

I'm not even opening the shipping box my game is coming in...I hope shawn put the right game in it :)

prefect
03-29-2004, 08:38 PM
Oh and if anyone has a US MS2 they would like to sell please PM me :D

Fakk2
03-29-2004, 08:41 PM
edit: yup im fucking crazy, Shawn just sold me the LAST USA MS5 Classic edition for $444, and I bought it....money order sent out just now.. :) He had it set aside for me before he went on his small vacation since I made my order first, so I just found out. He said he could easily sell it for $500 to anyone who missed out on it so Im lucky and he is right... Ill take it now whle I still can. Well I didnt get it for $409 price but at least Im getting it eh? Now Ill own 2 usa Metal Slug 5's... Awesome....Im losing my mind over the Neo, but then again who here hasnt? Thanks alot TONK!!!

Neo-weirdo
03-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Very nice!

I'm not even opening the shipping box my game is coming in...I hope shawn put the right game in it :)

Shawn say your post about not opening it and put a 5lb piece of lead in thier, lol.

prefect
03-29-2004, 09:26 PM
wow, now when looking at them in that picture, the normal old inserts look better to me for some reason.... the newer inserts look like a NGF job to me....hmmm maby its a blessing in disguise not getting to buy that Classic edition, my normal Slug 4 and 5 look fantastic as it is....wtf am I thinking? $435 for an insert...wtf am I thinking? I can buy 2 KOF carts for that price....damn am I going crazy...all this for a fucking insert?

An NGF job these are not...:annoyed:

naitram
03-29-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by animegal
We should have been forwarned about the possibility of a quick sellout, maybe others could have acted sooner to get a copy of this now, harder than heck to get game.....

Haha so what, you want Shawn to come on here and post a thread saying "Everyone! Metal Slug 5 is going to become very collectible soon so hurry and buy one before they're gone!"

I find a flaw in that logic. :spock:

animegal
03-30-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by naitram
Haha so what, you want Shawn to come on here and post a thread saying "Everyone! Metal Slug 5 is going to become very collectible soon so hurry and buy one before they're gone!"

I find a flaw in that logic. :spock:

That would have been nice, especially to all of the long time loyal neostore customers who thought there would be time to wait... look at all of the unhappy people now...........Thanks for your sarcastic but perceptive viewpoint.....

Big Shady
03-30-2004, 12:38 AM
TonK,

WHY ARE YOU SUCH A HYPE MACHINE!!!!!

galfordo
03-30-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Big Shady
TonK,

WHY ARE YOU SUCH A HYPE MACHINE!!!!!

LOL ... Tonkster just bought 3 cases of "classic edition" MS 5 US :D.

jbeedham
03-30-2004, 12:51 AM
I think Metal SLug 5 will go down in value over the next 6 months once SLug 5 becomes available on the other systems and people get bored with their existing copies.

SHO
03-30-2004, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by jbeedham
I think Metal SLug 5 will go down in value over the next 6 months once SLug 5 becomes available on the other systems and people get bored with their existing copies.

well metal slug 1 is on Saturn.....

Metal Slug X on psx

Metal Slug 3 coming on xbox

some one sell me US metal Slug 1 for $500
you can buy yours on a saturn!

Thanks

Dont flood me with pm wanting to sell US metal slug 1 please i can only buy one

GunstarHero
03-30-2004, 05:14 AM
Very nice!

I'm not even opening the shipping box my game is coming in...I hope shawn put the right game in it :) :lol: :buttrock:

Makismo
03-30-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by animegal
That would have been nice, especially to all of the long time loyal neostore customers who thought there would be time to wait... look at all of the unhappy people now...........Thanks for your sarcastic but perceptive viewpoint.....

I don't think that Shawn knew that the game would sell out so fast. I know that the English Metal Slug 4 had a 300 copy run and I bet that the English Metal Slug 5 also had a 300 copy run as well since it sold out so fast. In the case of Metal Slug 4, it took about a year and a half for all copies to sell and it had price drops as well. I guess Shawn figured that Metal Slug 5 would not sell so quickly. He told me himself that he thought that Metal Slug 5 was only slightly better than Metal Slug 4 or maybe even on par. If he had known that it would have sold better, I bet he would have gotten 100 more copies in stock.

I was told that SNK Vs Capcom Chaos had a 500 copy run in English format and Shawn made sure more was made than the initial 300 asked for because he had gotten pretty close to 300 preorders. He ended up getting a little over 300 preorders in the end but after the game came out, it only sold about 50 more copies till it almost stopped selling. So I think that it would have been better for Shawn to have bought 400 copies of SVC and 400 copies of Metal Slug 5. It didn't happen that way though. Shawn was very surprised that Matrimelee didn't sell that great. It is sometimes hard to tell how well a game will do. The niche market just has to get into it for one reason or another. Maybe there will be a Metal Slug 5 Second Edition...

Makismo
03-30-2004, 01:50 PM
That is a very nice collection of Metal Slug games Prefect! I like how they look together. I really do like those new blue genre stripped Metal Slug inserts better than the originals. Sadly, I bought Metal Slug 4 and 5 with the original inserts and I can't warrant spending money to buy them over again but it seems that Metal Slug 5 is out of stock so it doesn't matter. I guess I could get the art pack for Slug 4 but I don't want to have to buy a SVC Chaos for $375 to get the art pack. I don't think that I would like that game too much anyway. Only your Metal Slug X sticks out a little bit with its red genre stripe.

You will probably have a lot of trouble finding an English Metal Slug 2. They are very pricey and hard to come by these days. You probably won't be able to get a nice copy for under $1,000 (probably more than $1,000). As far as Slug 1 goes, I wouldn't drop the nearly $3,000 it costs for an English copy but to each his own.

rudekid
03-30-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Makismo
I don't think that Shawn knew that the game would sell out so fast. I know that the English Metal Slug 4 had a 300 copy run and I bet that the English Metal Slug 5 also had a 300 copy run as well since it sold out so fast. In the case of Metal Slug 4, it took about a year and a half for all copies to sell and it had price drops as well. I guess Shawn figured that Metal Slug 5 would not sell so quickly. He told me himself that he thought that Metal Slug 5 was only slightly better than Metal Slug 4 or maybe even on par. If he had known that it would have sold better, I bet he would have gotten 100 more copies in stock.

I was told that SNK Vs Capcom Chaos had a 500 copy run in English format and Shawn made sure more was made than the initial 300 asked for because he had gotten pretty close to 300 preorders. He ended up getting a little over 300 preorders in the end but after the game came out, it only sold about 50 more copies till it almost stopped selling. So I think that it would have been better for Shawn to have bought 400 copies of SVC and 400 copies of Metal Slug 5. It didn't happen that way though. Shawn was very surprised that Matrimelee didn't sell that great. It is sometimes hard to tell how well a game will do. The niche market just has to get into it for one reason or another. Maybe there will be a Metal Slug 5 Second Edition...

The only reason it sold so quickly was because of the classic insert and sticker, if this insert and sticker did not come with this cart then it would still be in stock. As for the jap copies that was panic buying people would be thinking my god its selling fast it could be wirth a small fourtune soon and bought them up.

Fakk2
03-30-2004, 02:22 PM
well, I got mine for $444 anyone else!? Now what am I gonna do with my extra minty Metal Slug 5 USA AES cart that I first got from Shawn? hmmmmm.....Maby someone who wants the USA cart will fork over lots of dough so I can buy other classic edition stuff...SVC here I come!!! Thank god that the classic new inserts are in English!! Wooohooo! I mean whoever collects japanese carts aint collectors anyways.... japan carts are worthless in comparison. Except for stuff like Blazing Star etc....titles only released in Japan. Yippie!!!

galfordo
03-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by SHO
well metal slug 1 is on Saturn.....

Metal Slug X on psx

Metal Slug 3 coming on xbox

some one sell me US metal Slug 1 for $500
you can buy yours on a saturn!

Thanks

Dont flood me with pm wanting to sell US metal slug 1 please i can only buy one

I kinda doubt the price of MS 5 US will go down, but it may stabilize - if for no other reason than the game is somewhat less than stellar. But who knows - this stuff is pretty unpredictable.

Kiel
03-30-2004, 03:02 PM
japan carts are worthless

Baby Jesus cries.:crying:

galfordo
03-30-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Spike
Baby Jesus cries.:crying:

Don't worry, man - they actually play just as well as their US counterparts :D.

*collective gasp from collectors*

OMFG you can actually play these things :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:????!!!!

Fakk2
03-30-2004, 03:35 PM
LOL, yeah its true... Mslug japan version is half the price, along with the MAJORITY of Japan NG carts for example.... but for collecting NG carts that are worth money and your time, its the USA/EURO carts ONLY... at least IMO... I would never get a Japan version cart with the crappy scribbling all over them when a usa or euro cart exists... so even if they play identical, they look 100% different and the japan carts look shitty IMO.
But thats just my opinion, Im sure there are tons of people out there wasting thier time and money right now buying up NG carts that are Japanese thinking they are gonna impress someone and that they are actually worth money when in reality the carts they are buying are junk and abesolutely NOT for the collecting purpose. I mean if you just buy them to play everyday and scratch up and spill drinks on etc... then yes the Japan carts are good for that... ;)
In the end the ONLY Japan game on NG worth its money is LOSJ. Why oh why didnt that awesome game hit the USA shelves? its even translated in English allready for gods sake! ;)

galfordo
03-30-2004, 03:38 PM
Why oh why didnt that awesome game hit the USA shelves? its even translated in English allready for gods sake! ;)

Legend (no pun intended :D) has it that a group of gamers actually banded together after a long night of play LOSJ and committed mass suicide.

The Japanese didn't think our narrow American minds could handle the clusterfuck that was/is Legend of Success Joe and so there was no US AES release.

History is interesting, isn't it :D?

SHO
03-30-2004, 03:39 PM
I buy US version games so that i can read what the spine says when it is all stacked up...

i used to have a big bunch of jap games.... i had no idea what game is what....

also i can read the manual if a US version

Fakk2
03-30-2004, 03:52 PM
lol thats funny, mass suicide over losj, lol...Im seriously the ONLY person in EXISTENCE who LOVES that game, LOSJ!! I LOVE Ashita no Joe on the Neo-Geo!! Compared to the SNES version NG's rules!! (Seriously) I must be the only one who bought the Anime' Ashita No Joe on DVD as well. :P I haven't watched it yet though, dont wanna open it and ruin its collectors value. Damn, LOSJ belongs on a USA AES cart!!

and yes Sho, I also buy USA carts cause English is easy to understand compared to asdjalksjlkajdlkasd garbage scribbling thats written on the Japan carts.

Oh and NICE SIG Galfordo...Night of the Creeps is a CLASSIC!!!
Thrillme!!

NeoBob
03-30-2004, 05:48 PM

Now you just need an actual Metal Slug 4 to replace that SVC!

Kiel
03-30-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by NeoBob

Oh snap bitches!

galfordo
03-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Oh and NICE SIG Galfordo...Night of the Creeps is a CLASSIC!!!
Thrillme!!

Thanks man :D. I love the campy cheeseball horror flicks. I'll prolly change it soon since it's gettin' kinda stale though - maybe something off of Return of the Living Dead.

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

moonwhistle
03-31-2004, 05:50 AM
I find these arguements over whether or not said Neo Geo game is good enough to warrant spending hundreds of dollars to be completely redundant.

The fact is no game for any system is worth $400 or whatever in pure gameplay terms...if you're spending this much on a game then forget about whether it's actually a good game or not because it's purely a collector's item.

Don't get me wrong I love Neo Geo Aes stuff but I realise that when I spend a disproportionate amount of money on a game that it really doesn't matter whether it's any good or not...I'm not going to try and delude myself into believing that its was worth it because the game is actually fun to play.

prefect
03-31-2004, 02:59 PM

WTF are you talking about?

That IS an actual Metal Slug 4 - fool.

NeoBob
03-31-2004, 05:37 PM
WTF are you talking about?

That IS an actual Metal Slug 4 - fool.

I know, just having fun - Bob.

Fakk2
03-31-2004, 06:46 PM
Unless you got Ninja Masters UK AES version, you got nothin of importance to me.

prefect
03-31-2004, 10:01 PM
I know, just having fun - Bob.

:p