New NeoGeo CD game

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Yes I'm sure this will be old news to some of you but today I got in contact with older gamers about how progress is going for the title they are releasing on Neo Geo CD "Superfighters" a 2d beat-em-up from the megadrive days they are converting.

"Expect a major announcement (positive of course) regarding
this in 4 months tops. Sorry I can't say more.

We do have a major non-oldergames product coming out
that will be published under my 'Bivins Media' label. I can't
say much on that either, but I can say that it is something
nobody in the world expects to come from us and I've been
developing it for the last 8 months %100 by myself and myself
alone. SF is still definately on Track but come April 25th some
heads will be turning toward the 'other' project"

B@stard... :D At least it looks like things are still underway :buttrock:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Okay let me clear this up...

A group known as "oldergames" release previously unreleased games for dead systems. So far they have brought out 4 games on Philips CDI, 3 on Sega CD, and one each on Commodore 64 and COLECOVISION. Anyway they have secured the rights to release a game "Superfighters" (think SF 2 rip off) on any format they so choose and one of them is Neo Geo CD. So, in 4 months time we will be able to check out their progress and hopefully have a new (well old but new for neo) beat-em-up by the end of this year?

http://www.superfighter.com/ - a tribute site to the game which is going to be ported

And a screenshot
sfull1.gif

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
madmanjock said:
Okay let me clear this up...

A group known as "oldergames" release previously unreleased games for dead systems. So far they have brought out 4 games on Philips CDI, 3 on Sega CD, and one each on Commodore 64 and COLECOVISION. Anyway they have secured the rights to release a game "Superfighters" (think SF 2 rip off) on any format they so choose and one of them is Neo Geo CD. So, in 4 months time we will be able to check out their progress and hopefully have a new (well old but new for neo) beat-em-up by the end of this year?

http://www.superfighter.com/ - a tribute site to the game which is going to be ported

And a screenshot
sfull1.gif

Soo many games which so few of us have heard of..

If your description doesn't tell you how much that game will suck, that should at least ring a bell.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
heh, I just said there is a new neo geo cd game coming, if it sucks balls that's another issue :D

Just nice to see support for the console is still around, even if it is misplaced

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I guess this is another dueler type of game. The Neo Geo has too many of these already IMHO. I could go for a 2D brawler like Final Fight, Mutation Nation, Sengoku, etc. If this is a 2D brawler (I only see one enemy so I guess it is a dueler) then it needs some work. I am afraid that ven Riot Zone looks better at this point and it is running on an 8-Bit system (Turbo Duo). Since you are a one-man crew I think thst it isn't too bad but you need to make it much better if you expect it to sell well. I would get some people to help you out with the graphics. Also, how are you doing the sound effects? Also, what about the game music? You will need some people to help you with those as well. Please fill me in.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Makismo said:
I guess this is another dueler type of game. The Neo Geo has too many of these already IMHO. I could go for a 2D brawler like Final Fight, Mutation Nation, Sengoku, etc. If this is a 2D brawler (I only see one enemy so I guess it is a dueler) then it needs some work. I am afraid that ven Riot Zone looks better at this point and it is running on an 8-Bit system (Turbo Duo). Since you are a one-man crew I think thst it isn't too bad but you need to make it much better if you expect it to sell well. I would get some people to help you out with the graphics. Also, how are you doing the sound effects? Also, what about the game music? You will need some people to help you with those as well. Please fill me in.

You dont understand, This game already existed on other hardware. These people found the need to port it to every console known to man for some reason (and I mean ALL) so now they come to the NGCD and people go apeshit.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Sorry, if your referring to me it's not my project I merely got in contact with the projects creator. These are the guys you should be talking to about this stuff http://www.oldergames.com

From what I understand it was a game released on PC and Megadrive in 1993 hence why it looks so dated. The game went open source several years later and this is the result of it.

greyimp

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Nesagwa said:
You dont understand, This game already existed on other hardware. These people found the need to port it to every console known to man for some reason (and I mean ALL) so now they come to the NGCD and people go apeshit.
No, sir. YOU don't understand. The actual game, and the fact that its ported to every system, has nothing to do with people going "apeshit".
The fact of the matter is, its a game they are using to find a way to make/port new games onto different, older systems. Leading to a result that means NEW GAMES FOR CLASSIC SYSTEMS.
NeoGeoCD is probably the last system anybody thought would have new games (though many hoped) and this game is simply the beginning of what is going to be a total revival of the classic gaming era.
...Dumbshit.:D

CLASSIC GAMES 4-EVER!!!!!! :buttrock:

Last edited:

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
OMG. I remember this game. I used to play it on my 386 PC Back when SF2 the world warrior was all the rage and no home ports had existed yet (except that PC homebrew version). It was an interesting fighter for it's time.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
interesting? or crap? :D

at least maybe more games will be on the way if it sells well

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
I remember this project from a few years back. If memory serves me, the creator will be revamping the graphics and animation for the Neo-Geo CD version.