Classic Edition AES bundles : Orders open

kiun

Zero's Tailor
Yup. It makes sense, business-wise at least.

Those who bought US kof 03 during launch must be very mad right now...

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
Definitely - I would be, too.

Imagine paying $359 for the game at launch, and now seeing another more attractive insert for the game - and not being offered the chance to buy it!

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Damn, this "deal" sucks. There's no way I'm buying a crappy game like SvC to get teh MS4 art pack! :shame:

Retaliator

Armored Scrum Object
Give me a break ...

If a want the MS4 and RotD art packs (games I have already bought from the Neo Store) I have to buy Matrimelee and SvC - games I ALSO have already bought?

So this is the way loyal Neo fans are treated?

I could convince myself that new art for titles still in stock is only available with the carts themselves. But to force loyal customers to purchase a double cart that has nothing to do with an insert of a sold out game is over the top for me.

Together 6 new inserts plus two stickers are roughly $2000 shipped - just to have an additional 6 useless doorstoppers sitting around?

I would have expected to be able to at least buy MS4 + RotD art packs solo.

I am seriously pissed about this. :blow_top:

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
SVC without = 319 US$

SVC with Classic = 375 US$

56 $$ for one Insert...:eek:

aof

n00b
Retaliator said:
Give me a break ...

If a want the MS4 and RotD art packs (games I have already bought from the Neo Store) I have to buy Matrimelee and SvC - games I ALSO have already bought?

So this is the way loyal Neo fans are treated?

I could convince myself that new art for titles still in stock is only available with the carts themselves. But to force loyal customers to purchase a double cart that has nothing to do with an insert of a sold out game is over the top for me.

Together 6 new inserts plus two stickers are roughly $2000 shipped - just to have an additional 6 useless doorstoppers sitting around?

I would have expected to be able to at least buy MS4 + RotD art packs solo.

I am seriously pissed about this. :blow_top:

100% agree!
shawn, i support your store for many, many games and for a long time, but this "insert-sell" is imo bullshit!
"you get a rotd insert if you buy a matrimelle homecart"!!!
i bought ms3, kof01, kof02, matrimellee, rotd, ms4, ss-zero, svc homecarts, two chrystal systems, and many more stuff from your store but with this "insert-deal" i`m not happy!
WHY must i buy a double ngh to get the new inserts now? :blow_top:

best regards
aof

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
This is supposed to be helpful to collectors, but all it does is make there lives more miserable.
How hard would it have been for them to print up more of these?
I think it really sucks that those who have ordered are getting screwed.
I'm glad im a gamer primarily.

Playmore is the only company that can take something that the fans wish for and screw them with it. Many people wanted these inserts, but hell, making such a small quantity?

Does playmore make anybody happy?

I think even collectors need to seriously evaluate there reasoning for needing this stuff.
I mean shit, a little impulse control could do wonders in a situation like this.

So you get every single thing and its all over, then what?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Sooooo, what's going to happen with the extra MS5 inserts+stickers? I mean, what will you do with them when MS5 sells out? Sell the last remaining amount as a bundle with Samurai Shodown 5 Special?

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
This clearly looks like one last favor (golden handshake perhaps) from SNKP to Shawn, to help clear his stock before the AES is finally abandoned.

Atomiswave

Zero's Secretary
I have never been more glad to switch to mvs.

But I have to say this: Its nice from playmore, but not nice at the same time.

It is plain out business practice though. I mean, saying its somwthing for the neo community is crap. But saying its something for hardcore fans, thats 'cool' supposedly. I dont agree with it because if it was tribute to fans, then why the ltd qty?

If I was to buy sVc aes, i would take the ms4 inserts and sell them on ebay and get $100 for it. And I would laugh at the highest bidder. I just worry that someone starts to sell look a like fake inserts and no one can tell its fake because hardly anyone has seen them lol...

Also, I would like to say , IF YOU THINK SNK-P CARED ABOUT YOUR OPINION, WHY RELEASE THIS NOW!?

I used to be a collector/gamer. Now that I have mvs, i dont have to worry about value as much. Now is the best time to swtich before people start selling off their copies to get these 'classics'..I hate talking money and games. They go together like marriage and money.

Just ask AL from married with children.

Good luck to usa collectors, just think though, you could get yourself a cab from the price of an aes cart, then not worry about value. And when people come over, they say 'COOL you have an arcade!' and I have found, are more likely to enjoy it. Sorry to divert off topic.LMOL...;)

Herzog Drei

Ace Ghost Pilot
Why on earth HAVE these new inserts/stickers to be bundled with games?:spock:

Why not offering these 6 inserts/stickers as a package?
At least for those who have already bought some of these games from the store...

:confused:

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
A better deal for the fans might have been to offer the entire art pack for $99 without having to buy games. Or, the Neo Store could offer folks that purchased these games from the Neo Store before te classic offer an opportunity to buy the particular art pack fo the specific game for $30 or so.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
ResOGlas said:
Sooooo, what's going to happen with the extra MS5 inserts+stickers? I mean, what will you do with them when MS5 sells out? Sell the last remaining amount as a bundle with Samurai Shodown 5 Special?

No Sengoku 3 :)

This reminds me when I had to order a New Mermaid Monitor for someone because the tilt on the screen would not hold. This is diffently geared towards people with to much money. And I thought I was hardcore for ordering the Arkwork pack :P Well at least I know there was only 1 of those.

rarebucky

Sort-of Lurker,
EVERYONE, this is VERY simple - if everyone believes this is bullshit (which I think many of us do), then DON'T PURCHASE THESE!!! It's that simple. Maybe then Shawn will be forced to part off these art packs separately. Remember, this hobby is all market driven, so if the market says "no", he will have to find a different way to sell these. He probably bought these from SNKP for like $5 apiece :)

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Haha I'm laughing to death.

$409 for MS5? Get lost man.
Bying Matrimelee and SVC for the MS4 and RotD inserts? FUCK YOU.

LOL whatever...

I prefer the newer insert designs anyway. IMO from the start, SNK's inserts should have always been full-print, not a windowed box. Come to think of it, I was a bit turned off about that when I saw my first AES insert. Hell, here's another parallel... I'd rather play a FPS in full screen rather than a 'window'.

And you know that from a business perspective, Shawn wants to test the waters out with these high prices. Salesmen should start high, and work their way down; its the way its always been.

And I'm thrilled that I got the SVC and MS4, MS5 when I did too. I totally escaped with good games untainted by this insert fiasco.

But I agree, the prices are way to high. Sorry.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Tristesse said:
Haha I'm laughing to death.

$409 for MS5? Get lost man.
Bying Matrimelee and SVC for the MS4 and RotD inserts? FUCK YOU.

word.

This is just a tactic to move stock, yeah, for the fans :rolleyes: .

venomous

NEST Puppy,
rarebucky said:
EVERYONE, this is VERY simple - if everyone believes this is bullshit (which I think many of us do), then DON'T PURCHASE THESE!!! It's that simple. Maybe then Shawn will be forced to part off these art packs separately. Remember, this hobby is all market driven, so if the market says "no", he will have to find a different way to sell these. He probably bought these from SNKP for like $5 apiece :)

While I agree it seems unfair to loyal neo collectors, I don't blame Shawn, I blame Paymore. Having said that, I just secured those classic slug 4 & 5 artpacks for myself. You can always sell your duplicate carts. In the case of slug 5, you know that will only go up in value, like every other slug has.

-Ken

TonK

Least Valuable Player
If it really mattters:

Slug 5 with the classic insert will be the most rare Slug ever produced.

A very nice collectors item.

Plus, the $300 you have to spend to even obtain a MS4 US insert will shoot the price of MS4 up as well.

I say this is a brilliant strategy.

And if you don't want these, don't buy em....

These items are clearly geared towards the collector.

The KOF's are fairly priced....why not spend the extra bucks for a collectors piece?

As for the ROTD, same formula applies to this insert as it did with the MS4.

Kudos to Shawn for excellent tactics.

P.S. If you've been into the Neo this far and havent figured out that these AES titles arent for collectors... :help:

SHO

Raiden's Valet
TonK said:

And if you don't want these, don't buy em....

agree

there is the option of buying the game without the artpack!

Shawn = selling genius

Atomiswave

Zero's Secretary
TonK said:

Kudos to Shawn for excellent tactics.

mental note: insert ass licker icon asap :angry:

the beauty of collecting is buying cheap, selling high, not reverse.

playmore in engrish is paymore.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Atomiswave said:
mental note: insert ass licker icon asap :angry:

the beauty of collecting is buying cheap, selling high, not reverse.

Well, as uneducated and jaded as you are...

I'd expect you to be dead from electrocution by now from tounging your Atomiswave setup.

Sammy Lackey.