The Samurai Spirits Zero soundtrack has been canceled!

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Looks like the CD is a no-go. I'll bet they will release a Zero Special CD though! Let's hope!

Last edited:

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
I hope so as well, the game has some really nice songs, like Yoshitora's or Yumeji's.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
I'll bet they don't release ANY SS0 soundtracks, because they know that's what their fans want most. I'm so sick of cancellations/delays I could puke.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Master Giby said:
Where did you get this info from?

I got it from the store I buy all my Soundtracks from. I had it reseved, and I got an e-mail today about it's cancellation.

SuperPang

Cham Cham's Espresso,
YesAsia? I had an email from them telling me its cancelled. If you've been told from elsewhere then its probably canned, if you ordered with YesAsia too it might just be them I guess but I wouldn't be surprised.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Damn, that sucks.... I really hope it's just the store you pre-ordered it from, but otherwise I'm really disappointed. I don't buy many OST's and stuff, but I really wanted the SS0 one. :crying:

Kaz

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Damn, this really sucks. Consider it confirmed: I'm finding other Japanese CD sites that are listing it as cancelled, and Scitron Discs' website no longer has any info on the CD. Sure was nice of Scitron to get this info out nice'n'early -- the damned thing was scheduled to go on sale 3/24, which in Japan is today!

--Chris

Last edited:

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
SuperPang said:
YesAsia? I had an email from them telling me its cancelled. If you've been told from elsewhere then its probably canned, if you ordered with YesAsia too it might just be them I guess but I wouldn't be surprised.

All sorts of stores in Japan have listed it as cancelled, but no, I didn't reserve it at YesAsia.

kc

Belnar Institute Student
Electroman said:
Make your own soundtrack. ;)

Word! or just send me 15 bucks and ill make a rare us version :smirk:

The music in the game sucks anyways

BlkConvoy

n00b
Ain't this about a bee-yotch...! I just got my cancellation confirmation through CD Japan a few minites ago. The wierd thing about it is that Scitron (and Pony Canyon at the time) hardly EVER cancels OSTs via SNK. Hopefully in this case cancellation = postposed, to make do for SamSho Special. Time to do more shopping.

PS: KOF2003 had the same release date, and it's still a go.

kc said:
Word! or just send me 15 bucks and ill make a rare us version :smirk:

It sucks really? Is the music similar to SS2, that being alot of 'ambiance'?

I just finished recording a bunch of SS2 music off my homecart, and now all the raw audio needs to be edited, clipped, and normalized. But in doing all this, I realized how great SS2 ambiance music is. My only gripe about SS2 is how the music artist(s) raped Earthquake's BGM, and to a lesser degree, Galford's and Nakoruru's.

Actually I generally feel that SS1's music was a bit better anyway, generally, although Cham Cham's is really good, and Sieger's is really cool too.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
kc said:

You gotta be kidding. It's a lot of tracks from previous Sam Sho's, with a few new ones thrown in. The old tracks of course are awesome. The character select music is good, and the music when Gaoh transforms after the 1st round (JPN only) is badass, totally sinister.

BlkConvoy

n00b
Electroman said:
My only gripe about SS2 is how the music artist(s) raped Earthquake's BGM, and to a lesser degree, Galford's and Nakoruru's.

Man...whoever attempted to rape Earthquake's Theme must've got arrested :cool: I think it rocks. Both versions.

To each their own though. See ya.