Need help? about JROK V3.1 on the Super Nova.

JetFire

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Anyone using the JROK V3.1 on the Super Nova? Can you take a photo of showing how to connect the JROK V3.1 in the Super Nova. and does anyone know how i can get in touch with James ASAP. Thanks alot

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Contacting James is never an ASAP type situation. Last couple times I have bought from him it was always several days before he responded. But, he is a hell of a guy to work with and will bend over backwards for you. I would personally never considering buying a JROK from anyone reselling them but him.

What kind of questions do have about hooking it up to the SuperNOVA? It isn't going to be a plug in type affair. At the very least you are going to have to solder the wires for the power (+5 volts and ground) and the video wires (Red, Green, Blue, Sync and ground). Once you identify which is which, hooking it up should be straight forward.

Arcade4Home has a pinout for the 8 pin din on the outside of the Nova. That 8 pin din provides both S-video and straight RGB out. Simply track down the wiring to that connector from the backside to hook up the JROK internally and then find the +5 volt rail coming off the power supply.

JetFire

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Thanks for the info. I understand that the wires must be soldered. My concern is that I'm not sure which of the wires from the 8 pin should be connected to the JROK. I suppose it would be 2, 5, 6, 7, 8 pins. Is there anyway that you could get me a photo of the Super Nova with the JROK connected. Thanks again.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
JetFire said:
Thanks for the info. I understand that the wires must be soldered. My concern is that I'm not sure which of the wires from the 8 pin should be connected to the JROK. I suppose it would be 2, 5, 6, 7, 8 pins. Is there anyway that you could get me a photo of the Super Nova with the JROK connected. Thanks again.

That I can not help ya with. I am pretty sure that several others here have SuperNOVA's (I don't) that would be able to help ya with that.

JetFire

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Broken, Sorry to bother you again. Got another question for you. Would you happen to know what type of payment James accepts? Thanks.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I am not broken, but I can answer that question about James Rowan for you. He accepts PayPal, money order, and personal check (must wait to clear).

JetFire

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Thanks for your info. i just ordered the JROK today and i hope i can get it next week. Thanks everyone !!!!