Metal Slug 3 bug(s)

Fat Cat Lim 2

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Well, I found only 2 on the PS2 version. Dunno whether it applies to the Neo-Geo/AES version.

Basically it's the old 'off-screen' bug that I've experienced a couple times while playing KOF2000. For eg while using Maxima's alternate striker - that Robot dude which shoots a fireball from its chest - the striker might not complete its action if it is off-screen.

Likewise, in the early part of stage 4 desert before you are flanked by a helicopter and a truck with a sniper and 2 bomb-throwing soldiers, there is a sandbag in front of the truck which hides a hostage that can do Hadoukens. However, if you were to advance really slowly while shooting before the truck appears on the screen and barricades your way, you'll hear that your shots are hitting something offscreen ...which is most likely the sandbag before it appears behind the truck. Continue shooting it until you are sure your bullets aren't hitting anything else, advance, beat the truck and heli (which is later supported by another 2 helis), and save the 2 hostages in the destroyed truck. But you'll notice this time that the sandbag is gone...and so is the Hadouken hostage.

A more serious bug that I found while playing on the Very Easy difficulty setting is at the early part of the Final Mission, after you have taken control of your Plane/Heli Slug and go beneath the clouds. If you were to just keep shooting straight and destroy everything in your path, there comes a point where NO ENEMIES appears onscreen...and it will remain that way until Time Over, in which point you lose a life. Even so, the enemies still won't spawn and you'll continue to remain all by yourself on the screen until you lose all your lives.

I think the reason why this is so is because on the Very Easy difficulty setting, the enemies and bosses take far fewer shots to kill than Normal difficulty, meaning if you blitz your way like I did before, chances are you have already killed/destroyed the enemy tanks and trucks BEFORE it appears onscreen. And where in the previous stages you could advance forward to allow the gameplay to continue, this particular area in the Final Mission stage doesn't allow you to do that, instead constantly scrolling the background sprite in an infinite loop. It's probably programmed in a way that until you destroy an enemy that appears onscreen, you can't progress.

So basically if you destroy the enemy vehicles too quickly on that particular area before they appear onscreen, you are probably looking towards flying all by your lonesome self later...

Any other bugs that I don't know of?