Designing a new Neo Geo Shrine

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
you can see my current one here

Neo Geo Shrine

Well I am about to purchase a new home and will be moving in april. As you can see over the years my home has become a bit cluttered :) so I bought a new home with almost double the sq. footage. It has a game room which is where I am going to setup all my cabs and some collectiable and a larger living room which is where I am thinking of setting up my Neo and other systems and a less cluttered Neo look :).

Problem though the living room has a fireplace, high ceilings and I can not really fit my current entertainment center in there (it would look real aqkward). so it looks like I will have to redo my whole setup, which is in need of a make over anyway. I do not want a Plasma or LCD screen because frankly I think they are a waste of money right now (even though I can get them at a discount) and they do not last as long. I had my JVC TV for over 10 years now.

So if you were going to rebuild your primary gaming center what would you go with. I'm looking at spending no more then $2k, but that goes a long way when you get stuff at Cost +3%. I like JVC since I have everything LInked but I am flexablity on the TV since, the Amp controls the power. the only thing is my Auto input change will not work anymore. (put a DVD in it changes source, put a tape in it changes to VCR1, VCR 2 etc). so I am looking at buying either or

1. Big Screen TV (widescreen) or standard
2. Projection TV with a drop down screen (would be over 2k I know, but I can bump another 1k in just planned it for other things)
3. Normal Tube

I will keep my stereo equipment (speakers, sub, rears and probably buy a new DVD player)

of course I only going to buy what I can get at Best Buy after all that is the main reason I keep working there.

I have no Idea how to do the DVD's. I almost need a dedicated room just for those any ideas?

I guess it would help to have pictures of the new place. I will try to get them in this weekend. just looking for those with experience on playing on bigscreens, Projections and tubes. I played a bit on a projection and it looks good. But if I was going to setup my home with one it would certainly need a screen (how much are those anyway for a projector?)

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I wondered who bought that Autographed Lynn artwork ;)

Wing Nut

Mr. Big's Thug
Good luck with the move. I just moved into a new house, and I was very scared about how the movers would treat my Super Neo 29 Candy. Fortunately, everything went smoothly.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
amazing phil.
could I ask a favor?
can you take a pic or two of these cabs.
maybe from the front?
http://www.neogeocentral.com/images/Cabs.jpg
I have an identical cab that I salvaged from the local
arcade op here and am working on it to restore it and am kinda
curious how yours looks.
if you ever have time sir.
but amazing set up.
and love the NEOGEOworld mat.
too bad that's one of the things that I'll probably never find
;P

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Dude - that's some awesome shit you got there!!

Goodluck with the move - don't let them tarnish any of that precious Neo pwn4g3!

StarPhoenix

New Challenger
Damn!! I need to get a job at Best Buy!!!

BTW, why buy a Projection TV? Don't they have burn in problems or something? (I'm not really very knowledgable about that sort of thing, so don't attack me if I'm wrong!). My Neo is hooked to my regular TV (which I bought at Best Buy, btw!)

Star Phoenix

Nash

Fu'un-Ken Master
hey what the hell are other systems doing in teh neo shrine?!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Nash said:

*summons his best Malici voice from Children of the Corn*

OUTLANDERRRRR!!!!!!!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
No. no you dont.

Hehe. Yeah, I don't imagine that being too much fun. Work there, build up your home entertainment setup, then run for the hills :D.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Wait!! Where are you moving?

Not out of the Houston Area I hope, Qube was enough :(...

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Nash said:

those systems are for the Portz :)

working at best buy is cool I'm almost at 10 years now.

But I only work part time for Merch. My full time Job is at Shell and is where I get the $. Anyway though thinks for all the complients on the current Shrine, However it is already RIP and in boxes until I have time to redo it at the new place.

Mitch I may call you later, however I'm a very busy guy and do not have to much time for the phone.

So anyone going to offer suggestions. I also need 2 cheap 50' Big Screen TV's for my big cabs. The reason I was thinking of a wide screen is as you can tell I watch a lot of movies. In fact I only watch movies, hardle any TV and I do not have cable or satelite.

Last edited:

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
NICE! May I ask how you obtained a neo-geo world floor mat and neo sign (the one hanging from the ceiling corner)? Those pieces are amazing. :eek:

Q

qube

Bigger house? Cool, now when I come visit I can stay at your place right Phil? j/k.

I wish I had some input to give you, but I don't know enough about tvs and such to be of any real help. Are you going to have a library in the new place, but DVDs instead of books? That would look sharp!

Too bad I'm not still in town, I'd give you a hand with the move. Having just moved myself I know how much of a hassle it can be.

Well, good luck with everything Phil, I can't wait to see some pics of the new place and the setup you decide to go with :)

Marq

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Yeah, give me a buzz if you can. I am very busy now myself so phone is the best way. Internet is a pain in the ass for me.
I will try to add whatever I can here. off the top of my head:

Best buy can only provide you with a few solid brands. Go with Yamaha for your amplifier. Klipsh or JBL for your speakers. Getting a pro-jo set at BB is kind of a rough one but it could be doable.
Monster for all teh cableing and surge (you have accomodation through monster).