KOF 2K3 Mode select????

Suragu

Quiz Detective
I always try beofore I buy- whether that means renting or romz- I don't just throw my money away blindly.

So... I played KOF 2K3 on mame and really loved it. The best part was that you could select to play a single character via the "Mode Select" screen. I don't care much for group fightrers so this was a big draw for me.

I just got a used Jap 2K3 mvs cart and I can't figure out how to acces the mode select screen. :spock: Is the mode select some sort of hack or maybe a debug bios perk? I just don't know. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
No idea. I have the real deal game and it's not in there, and I also checked out the rom. I find the rom to make the game look not as good as the real thing. Think about it, some things are different in the real version. Maybe this is one of those things? Not sure, but I'm sure when unibios comes out with a new version, that will be in there. We will see.

Spike

Suragu

Quiz Detective
I agree that the game looks way better on my TV. They always do. Besides, nothing beats playing with a real arcade joystick! Handheld controllers and keyboards just don't cut it.

I don't have a unibios yet... I'm waiting for 1.3

I kind of think of the unibios as the "last frontier" for my neo.

thanks anyway.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Suragu said:
I agree that the game looks way better on my TV. They always do. Besides, nothing beats playing with a real arcade joystick! Handheld controllers and keyboards just don't cut it.

I don't have a unibios yet... I'm waiting for 1.3

I kind of think of the unibios as the "last frontier" for my neo.

thanks anyway.

You have to check it out on an arcade monitor. All the actual game, none of the little glitches, and all of the cripsness and color. But a good supergun is good, too.

Spike

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
i have a soft dip button rigged on my machine. other than that and the unibios thing, i dont know how you can access the soft dip. pm "dinodoedoe" he might help you. he installed the button on my machine.