SoCal Hookup: saturday april 3rd. *over* mods please unsticky. thanks :)

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
The SoCal hookup is happening Saturday April 3rd @ 2pm... The place: Anaheim Hills, Orange County. No Cover, just bring your neo skillz. Minimum age limit is 18. Lettin ya know there will be Popeye's chicken aplenty on the premises, so if you're a SoCal gamer, you cannot afford to miss this!

Anaheim Hills is 30 minutes from long beach, 45 minutes from L.A., 20 minutes from Riverside, 1 hour from Santa Monica/Redondo Beach, and 1 1/2 hours from SD so no weak excuses about how ya can't make it.

Games on tap will be: KoF2k3, 2001, 98 | MS5 | Pochi | Last Blade 1-2 | Samurai Shodown 1-2 | Magical Drop 3 | Puzzle Bobble | MS3 | MotW + whatever else other games ya guys want to bring. Between myself, fakk2, Spark and Sonofx51 we have (5) aes home systems to game on + (1) mvs supergun courtesy of B.I.G.Psyche!! He is also bringing his Neo64!! Also on tap will be Xbox, Foosball, 4 player gamecube + a host of other games. Also a rare opportunity to play 2p linked Riding Hero (thanks to Fakk2 and ResoGlas)

Gaming screens will be as follows: 50 inch big screen (old one), (4) LCD flat panels, (1) wall projector (provided I can clear enough space), (1) 25 inch TV...mebbe more.

Drop me a pm or reply to this thread if you're gonna step to the plate.

Confirmed Attendees:

1. Me *confirmed* AESx2, (2) flat panel tvs, SNKPopeye's liason.
2. Spark - *confirmed* + AES, (2) flat panel tvs, Pelican Stick
3. B.I.G. Psyche - *confirmed*+ Supergun, hyper64
4. Sonofx51 - *confirmed*+ AES
5. NeoGeo2k2 - *confirmed*
6. Bulletnyourass - *confirmed*
7. JDiamond *confirmed*
8. CrackerMessiah - *confirmed*
9. MasterGiby - *confirmed* + KoF2k1
I0. Volarious - *confirmed*
I1. Tony - *confirmed*
I2. Shirt in a Can *confirmed*
I3. ResoGlas *confirmed* + riding hero, kizuna
I4. SolidSnakeII - *confirmed* + SvCC
I5. Fakk2 + cousin + Phillip *confirmed* + AES + riding hero w/link
I6. Temjin3000 - *confirmed* + ngpc, DC
I7. Kyosuke75 *confirmed*
I8. NEOryu - *confirmed*
I9. Smokingit - *confirmed* + xbox
20. Naoe Shigen aka Lord Wan-Fu *confirmed*
21. Red Fox *confirmed*
22. RockHoward *confirmed*
23. Fukattie *confirmed*
24. Mookystains - semi *confirmed*

*UPDATE*

As if free Popeye's fried chicken wasn't a good enuf reason to show up for the meet, here's some added incentive:

(Making a change to how the (3) free mini posters being given away...Originally they were going to the first (3) ppl to arrive....But now MS5-mini, KoF2k3-mini and Sengoku3-mini are going to the (3) guys that are going out of their way to provide transportation for others. That would be SolidsnakeII, Kyosuke75 and Fakk2. Either first to arrive or rock/paper/scissors to decide who gets what

Congrats guys and thanks again.

The Samurai Shodown / Puzzle Bobble bounty is still *in effect* Since no one won it last time (though sonofx51 and B.I.G. Psyche came close) the bounty has been increased to $20. Also another $20 to whoever proves themselves to be the best SS2 player.

(1) Full size MS5 poster to NEOryu if he can make it... otherwise it will be determined randomly (probably by drawing a name out of a hat) If NEOryu snags the MS5 poster then the random prize will be replaced with (1) gamers condition Soccer Brawl jp aes homecart and (1) full size SSzero poster.

(1) Full size KoF2k3 poster... to whomever proves themself to be the best KoF player (i'll let the KoF players decide which KoF that will be decided on.)

and last and least:

(1) bare ninja combat aes homecart to whomever demonstrates themselves to possess the least Neo Geo gaming skills overall.

Droid

Last edited:

BIG

sony fanboy
Tom,I can't make it next weekend!

Since I'm off this weekend,nextweek is out of the question.. :(

How about the weekend after that?

BTW,I'm off this weekend,so if any of you guys want to drop by,PM me for directions.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Alright B.I.G, in that case, the SoCal Hookup will now take place (3) Saturdays from now. Saturday April 3rd @2pm. Just for that no mercy on old school neo games ;)

Droid

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Oof, next Saturday woulda been better for me. I got a wedding rehersal on the 4th... any chance of the week after the 4th?

NeoGeo2k2

Noooooooo peeking ;-),
I might be able to make it to this one...
1pm would had been better..
I'm usually really busy on Saturdays, so Friday and Sunday is my best day, but i'll try to make this one...
Put me down..

BIG

sony fanboy
SouthtownKid said:
Oof, next Saturday woulda been better for me. I got a wedding rehersal on the 4th... any chance of the week after the 4th?

Wes,unless you don't mind me hitching a ride with you on Sat.,March 27th.

Since I'll be getting off from work at around 1:30,I might be able to make it on the 27th afterall.

sonofx51

If you're even THINKING about TRADING with this us
I'm there, put me on the VIP list please. Come on people I need some kof players to come.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
PPPPPPPOOOOOOCCCCCCHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!

I think I'm on VACATION that week. I wilkl have to check if it's that week or the week after. My Birthday is on April 2 so i know I'll be there. WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should be able to get off work early enough that day to get there before everything is over.

By the way did I mention that I want to play

PPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phillip

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
B.I.GPSYCHE said:
Wes,unless you don't mind me hitching a ride with you on Sat.,March 27th.

Since I'll be getting off from work at around 1:30,I might be able to make it on the 27th afterall.
It's maybe possible, but the week after the wedding would be better for me... Of course if I can go, you can ride with me no problem.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
SoCal hookup will be saturday April 3rd @2pm

thx Droid

Last edited:

BIG

sony fanboy
I'm down for whenever,so long as I can hitch a ride with someone local,I'm there.

Droid,if you want to check out the Hyper 64 stuff,lemme know.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Heh, you only expect 15 people to come? I'll talk to a few other LA members and see if they'd like to go to your get together.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Droid,if you want to check out the Hyper 64 stuff,lemme know.

Let me answer that question this way B.I.G.Psyche....

Lets hook da sh1t up baby!

Droid

bulletnyourass

noble trader
droid said:
Nothing is etched in stone datewise...If a certain day works out best for everyone lemme know. Bullet would a 1 week forward *bump* to Saturday march 27th work for you?

lmk,

thx Droid

Tom,

I'll let you know for sure tomorrow. At my job we have to bid on vacation weeks by seniority and I don't remember if I got the week of or the week after my birthday.

Did I remember to tell you guys that I want to play....

PPPOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCHHHHIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phillip

I've been dying to try that game out.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Heh, you only expect 15 people to come? I'll talk to a few other LA members and see if they'd like to go to your get together.

Rock MasterGiby. Start with LordWolfgangKrauser please. He's waffling. He wants some big time KoF2k1 competition... You're welcome to bring any of your buds also...all are welcome til all the are slots filled.

Droid

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I'll try and get some of my friends to come, I'm pretty sure they'd want to fight in some KOF with other Neo gamers.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
I'll try and get some of my friends to come, I'm pretty sure they'd want to fight in some KOF with other Neo gamers.

That would kick ass. Hopefully you'll be able to make it as well :buttrock:

We have a score to settle in Samurai Shodown :smirk:

Droid

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'm not sure I can make it. I'll pull for it though. Would love to play other KOF players.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
I may be able to rock the house.

Attendee List updated!!!

Between me and Spark, we have 2 aes consoles. A 3rd is in route from Jolly old England and I'm hoping it will clear customs by the date of the Meet. Anyone willing to bring their AES console along so we have enough gaming to go around? I'd like to up the total to (5) Aes units on the premises if possible. Also anyone willing to bring KoF2k1? That game might be too much for LWK to resist.

lmk,

thanks,
Droid

Last edited:

BIG

sony fanboy
droid said:
Attendee List updated!!!

Between me and Spark, we have 2 aes consoles. A 3rd is in route from Jolly old England and I'm hoping it will clear customs by the date of the Meet. Anyone willing to bring their AES console along so we have enough gaming to go around? I'd like to up the total to (5) Aes units on the premises if possible. Also anyone willing to bring KoF2k1? That game might be too much for LWK to resist.

lmk,

thanks,
Droid

I might be able to bring my Supergun along,if need be.

Seems to me that this here get-together is going to be lots '0 fun!

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
I might be able to bring my Supergun along,if need be.

Thanks B.I.G. Psyche please bring the Supergun if you're able. Things are shaping up for an awesome meet :) 3-4 neo gaming rigs confirmed one more to go!

Droid

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
There is no other eloquence than that of simplicity, droid.

Put me down.

As far as hardware, I may be able to supply some stuff. But it leaves me curious to think of where we're going to send all of those video signals to...

?

BIG

sony fanboy
CrackerMessiah said:
There is no other eloquence than that of simplicity, droid.

Put me down.

As far as hardware, I may be able to supply some stuff. But it leaves me curious to think of where we're going to send all of those video signals to...

?

Does this mean I get a free ride wit cha out to teh O.C.,Fred???

Pick a brotha up,why don't cha? :D

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I can bring down my 2k1 home cart just as long as I can bum a ride from one of you guys. ;)