cps2 qsound amp

CheapNeoGeo

Kula's Can,
I have been looking for sometime now into getting a CPS2 system, but if I get one I want stereo sound. I know that the CPS2 outputs a stereo siginal via rca jacks on the mb and that runs to an amp, but my question is does the amp have a seperate volume control or is the volume control on the mb used? The reason I ask is because I either want a qsound amp, if someone knows where I can get one please let me know, or an amp kit like this one 30 watt amp and just wire in a volume control pot.

Thanks for any help.

Riipps

World Soccer '96
Pins 9+10 on the Kick harness are volume up and down, use Pin 11 as the ground wire for the volume controls.
If the q-sound amp is anything like the Amp you get with the original Naomi set up it will have a volume control.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Riipps said:
Pins 9+10 on the Kick harness are volume up and down, use Pin 11 as the ground wire for the volume controls.
If the q-sound amp is anything like the Amp you get with the original Naomi set up it will have a volume control.

Volume up and down are pins 29 and 30 of the auxiliary connector and they're the same as the built-in buttons that are found on the side of the motherboard so there's no reason to wire anything...
I'm almost positive the q-sound amp has no volume control.

Riipps

World Soccer '96
Sorry u are correct pins 29 sound up, pin 30 sound down, pin 31 volume common.