NeoGeo CD on the Dreamcast

Greenguard

n00b
There is a NeoGeo CD currently in development for the dreamcast. Kernow and GreenGiant were the original devvers, but now Ian Michael from DCemualtion.com is doing a fresh port from the NeoGeo CD/SDL emu for windows. Please goto Dcemulation and register on their forums and then post in this topic to show Ian your support. If there is enough support then he wil do more work on the emu, if not then he'll ditch it. So please click the link below and show your support if you want to see this emu.

http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=47271

Thanks for your support and/or comments.

Greenguard/Hilltopper

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
so wiat. are you saying that I would be able to play my neo cd's on my DC (using the actuall neo cd software)?

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
so wiat. are you saying that I would be able to play my neo cd's on my DC (using the actuall neo cd software)?

Duh.

kernow was working on it? I wish he wasnt so lazy, he could make us some cool stuff.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
Duh.

kernow was working on it? I wish he wasnt so lazy, he could make us some cool stuff.

Well, what i was asking was if it was an emu disc or a program that would make the DC work as a sort of Uber neo cd system in which you couold use your official neo cd's. I am daft when it comes to teh emulation.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Yeah it will probably a disc swap thing.

Rewriting the bios on the DC is kind of pointless

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
This sounds rather interesting, but how would the load time fair? I've heard from other members that the Neo CD's load time was dreadful.

Greenguard

n00b
The first release will most likely only support .bin files of NeoGeo CD games. You would have to take your original NeoGeo CD and make an image file of it with a program like CDRwin. Later releases might hopefully support playing from the actual cd. The load times will be astronomically better, as in basically non-existant. It would be similar to playing on a NeoGeo CD emulator for windows which, if you have tried this before, is very fast.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I'd support it.
just like I did when kern was working on it.
the lazy bastard.
;P
my friend got me a nes emu on the DC.
now that's fun stuff.

Greenguard

n00b
Yeah, The Dreamcast has a lot of really good emus on it. If you have one you should really check out DCemulation

There are many emus, homebrew games and apps, and more at that site.

Youkai

Hardened Shock Trooper
If someone would translate that shit, I'd greatly appreciate it.

or at least for SNKNGUSA to wake up and smell the coffee about an official localization for PS2 and Xbox.

slerch666

updyke,
I've seen the game (SS RPG) on the Saturn. Loads every time you enter a house/building, every time you leave an area, every time you fight. If ANYTHING could be done to fix the load time on it, then that's a good thing. I can only imagine the Neo CD being even worse for load time...

Greenguard

n00b
I have played it on an emulator on a windows pc, and the load times were hardly there. Most the time the loading screen would pop up and then instantly dissapear. I would expect similar results on the DC emu when using .bin files. If actual CD support is implemented the speed increase will be just as good as the speed on teh .bin file load.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Sounds like it could lead to some fool online selling self booting cd games for the dreamcast for $5 a pop. I don't like it.

Greenguard

n00b
does anyone happen to have the source code to version 0.1 of the NeoGeo CD/SDL emu. Ian needs it to help with the porting process. If anyone has it please post a link to it or tell me where to get it. Thanks a lot!

People will warez no matter what. I don't think that I NeoGeo CD emu for DC is really going to make the warez rate sky rocket. I think that the benefits for all of use who don't warez outweighs the harm that others will do by warezing. Just my opinion. :glee:

Last edited:

X

Y,
I have veriosn 0.2 that I was using to port to the XBOX but got lazy. I got as far a loading some games off the orginal CD on the Xbox but after several screens it would crash.

If you need version 0.2 LMK.

VX

Hardened Shock Trooper
Domino-chan said:
If they have Samurai Spirits RPG on this then I'm in. :)

Fucking agreed. I already have the Saturn version, but I would gladly get this one too. Now if only someone would translate it...

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Why not just play it on the PC with Nebula?

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I would support it. I have a NeoCD, and a decent library of games for it, all original. I would love to play them with faster loading. Hell, i would buy dozens of new games if i had faster loading!

Some of the games´ bonuses are pretty cool (like Mary´s split-second nudity on RB :D).

Fygee said:

What kinda question is that?

Last edited:

kc

Belnar Institute Student
If they cant run Snes at 100% speed how will they do Neo geo

Wolferaizer

Gal Ageise's Demon
Fygee said:

Sorry mate, imo Nebula suck shit, on NeoCD especially. :shame:

I'll stick with original NJ NeoGeoCD Emu. :lol: :loco: