sf3:ts (kern..?) help me out...

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
ok ive played the game.. even gave it a stab when it came out at first here... ive always hated parrying though..

fast forward to now and kof03 is ultimately a shallow arcade experience for me (i rape in the suburbs and then get duo and throw abuse in monte carlo).

so i need something to get into till ss0spc comes out...

(rb2 is nowhere to be found so..)

thought id take dudley up again.. or maybe oro.. question is can i compete at high levels without using parrying? feasible?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Parry's are a pain, even for many tourney level players.
First off, start with parry training. Master parrying various projectiles, and then dm projectiles. Try a situation or two.
You dont need to be able to parry low jabs, because that takes insane timing and prediction. Most high level players rely on basic parry's. This is the biggest issue, having insane expectations of that.

Like if I did a jump in hk, they will parry it. That kind of stuff is easier, and you only need one parry to rape immediately after.
Dont think the way I did and be caught in giving up SF III TS simply because you dont think you can parry well. Im still learning parry's cause I recently took SF III TS up again.

Parrys I rely on:

Jump in's fierce's, projectiles:

Work on mastering that, and you will be okay. Now just get good with Yun's juggles and you will slowly build to a high level.
Unlike rb2 or garou, SF III TS takes a higher level of skill. So just be aware, its okay to guard.
If you havent already, work with Dudleys tap links. You should get the hang of it quickly, though I suspect you have.

Me?
I would start by practicing parrying Gouki's projectile SA. You should get the hang of it really quick. I noticed my own success rate increasing, but it takes time. It feels so cool.
Every parry is built on a sequence. Like playing the drums. My friend told me this as he used Gill's seraphic wing as a example. (The hardest parry sequence of all..)

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Parry's are a pain, even for many tourney level players.
First off, start with parry training. Master parrying various projectiles, and then dm projectiles. Try a situation or two.
You dont need to be able to parry low jabs, because that takes insane timing and prediction. Most high level players rely on basic parry's. This is the biggest issue, having insane expectations of that.

Like if I did a jump in hk, they will parry it. That kind of stuff is easier, and you only need one parry to rape immediately after.
Dont think the way I did and be caught in giving up SF III TS simply because you dont think you can parry well. Im still learning parry's cause I recently took SF III TS up again.

Parrys I rely on:

Jump in's fierce's, projectiles:

Work on mastering that, and you will be okay. Now just get good with Yun's juggles and you will slowly build to a high level.
Unlike rb2 or garou, SF III TS takes a higher level of skill. So just be aware, its okay to guard.
If you havent already, work with Dudleys tap links. You should get the hang of it quickly, though I suspect you have.

Me?
I would start by practicing parrying Gouki's projectile SA. You should get the hang of it really quick. I noticed my own success rate increasing, but it takes time. It feels so cool.
Every parry is built on a sequence. Like playing the drums. My friend told me this as he used Gill's seraphic wing as a example. (The hardest parry sequence of all..)

cool, thanks :)

im going to try and get some basic parrying like jumping attacks and projectiles down as well as getting a feel for duds pokes/specials at home then move on to the snake pits at monte...

wish me luck..

it was either this or evo (and my mate who was an awesome vf4 player in oz gets raped at it in monte) but evo is just too damned hard to learn (without like a couple of spare years)...

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
EVO is just a masterpiece. VF is the only 3D series I can play seriously. My fave was 3TB though, I liked the reversal's. Now they are damn hard in EVO, this is kind of cool though.

Good luck with the parry's though, just keep practicing, you'll get it.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Ick...I hate parrying. It's what has me on the receiving end of quite a few defeats in the arcade. (The lack of being able to parry, and the guys who can jump endlessly with Chun-li, throwing my timing of big time.)

My days of using a charge character with a corner-trap and a foot-sweep were ended quite quickly......:(

If only Remy were a little faster, and I could use down-back charge into a super art like I could with Guile and Charlie....*sigh*

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
Here's the ultimate hint, its not about how you deal the damage out, but if you know how to defend against your opponents attacks, its not that hard if someone where to tell you the characters main rush downs you'll find it alot easier than you think.

Mastering mokato's grab (hcb) or yuns super art 3 will bump up your attack game like a pro, its just knowing all the characters styles to even counter them thats the problem. Just like anyother fighter.

If you can play other games well beelze then you should have no probs with this game either, its just time you need.

Also don't be predictable as you may fall for baiting parry traps, thats when they attack you & you think you can attack back, but only they get a free parry from your attack, you can call there bluff by delaying yuour attacks though to throw them off gaurd.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
the way I learned to parry is by remembering the rhythm of the fight. If you have been playing fighting games for years when an attack hits you inherently know when its gonna contact and thats what I used. most people tense up right right at the moment an attack hits them and will block or just let the attack hit, instead just press forward and parry that shit. And with that I now I can parry hurricane kicks and multihitting fireballs and even some of chunli's lighting kick super. Although i can do it i still am not that great at SF3.

Its all about the rhythm.

If you like I can send you some of my SF3 movies. I'm always willing to give up the goodz. I've got some nasty combo movies and I do mean NASTY. I have various character combo movies and character specific ones(mainly urien combos). Tell me what you want and i'll send it right to ya.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
SPINMASTER X said:
If you like I can send you some of my SF3 movies. I'm always willing to give up the goodz. I've got some nasty combo movies and I do mean NASTY. I have various character combo movies and character specific ones(mainly urien combos). Tell me what you want and i'll send it right to ya.

I'd like to see those videos

maybe songohan can host them or something?

SFIII3s . . . a love and hate relationship

I bought the game last year and it's taken a while to get flow of this game down. I spent time hating the game because of parrying, but after practicing for a while you'll get it.

With most fighting games, it takes a while to get the hang of it. The hardest part about parrying is the low hits (still working on that), especially if they are the quick short hits.

Parrying air attacks are easiest, as they are usually easy to anticipate. I still have problems multi-parrying though or performing a special from a parry. You can't parry every move (well at least I can't), you have to use it when appropriate, and not when it is unnecessary to do so.

It'll come to you eventually, and when it does, this game will be a lot more fun . . . trust me