Make me a Kevin Rian Master

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I've been playing the shit out of this character on Garou, and still don't feel like I'm doing well. I can one-credit the game on default settings but can't get the rankings needed to get to Kain.
So someone help me out here.

To start I can break and I can do one or two simple breaking combos such as qcf+b, ab, dp+a but beyond that I know nothing.

Fients. Someone please help me learn these as well.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Ask SpinMasterX, he represents Kevin Rian in this forums.

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
The_Chosen_One said:
I've been playing the shit out of this character on Garou, and still don't feel like I'm doing well. I can one-credit the game on default settings but can't get the rankings needed to get to Kain.
So someone help me out here.

To start I can break and I can do one or two simple breaking combos such as qcf+b, ab, dp+a but beyond that I know nothing.

Fients. Someone please help me learn these as well.

That break combo is Kevin's bread & butter, so you're halfway there. (You should pretty much always be breaking that move.) Kevin doesn't have all that much too him unless you want to be a wiseass and mess with fake combos/glitches.

Just remember his jabs have zero reach, so you can't poke with them like you would with Terry or Rock.

When at a distance, always be ready with a fwd, dwn, dwn-fwd+P to stuff jumpers early (if you do this move just as, or right after, the other guy jumps, you basically always win). His qcb+P can also be used to stuff moves at close range if done early (on anticipation). This works best in the corner at a slight distance.

His low D moves him forward, slightly. Don't rely too much on his other special moves against the CPU (like the crawl or the unblockable elbow), since they're pretty gimmicky, and the CPU sees right through them on level 8. Far standing C and D are half-decent pokes, but they aren't anywhere near as good as other characters' poke moves, like Terry's far standing D.

Use his dizzy SDM if you feel like it, though it doesn't make much difference. His other DM is much more useful, since it's actually a very good counter move to stuff whiffed pokes and specials at medium-close range (use it as a counter, like you would with Terry's Buster Wolf or Rock's Shine Knuckle).

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
dude sorry to portray something that i'm not but I'm the worst Kevin Rian Player ever now. I used to be kinda good with him but I haven't played MOTW in ages, i basically dropped it and picked up SF3:TS(yeah call me a traitor, like i give a fuck).

I keep my avatar of Kevin basically because as far as characters go something about him represents me and I just really like him.

sorry.

oh yeah here is a real shitty tip. His combos are where its at. he has nice looking semi lengthy combos that aren't hard to do and do good damage. Thats all I can say cuz i'm a lazy piece of trash. I have like 2 MOTW combos movies I can give you, if you like.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
SPINMASTER X said:
I haven't played MOTW in ages, i basically dropped it and picked up SF3:TS

Yes, that is the way to go!

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
gimme your AIM, ICQ, MSN or whatever usernames and i'll gladly send if i'm around that is.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Kevin has the best combos in the game, they're simple to do and they take a lot out of the opponent, he's good in offense and defense, when you use him try and confuse the opponent with his qcb+D to get on the other side of them and attack them.

His qcb+B is a decent move since it goes under some projectiles and the B follow up goes over most ground projectiles, the A follow up is good against Marco/Butt and Hotaru players who love to throw Projectiles.

I'm sleepy as hell, I'll add more later today. If there's anything inparticular you want to know just ask.

Here's a few combo's

jC, sC, qcf,qcf+B, jC, sC, qcf,qcf+B, jC, sC, f+AC, d+AB, f+AC, cC, qcf+D AB Break, f,d,df+A

jC, sC, qcf+K, AB Break, qcf,qcf+D, f,d,df+A

jC, sC, f+AC, sB, qcf,qcf+C

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
SPINMASTER X said:
dude sorry to portray something that i'm not but I'm the worst Kevin Rian Player ever now. I used to be kinda good with him but I haven't played MOTW in ages, i basically dropped it and picked up SF3:TS(yeah call me a traitor, like i give a fuck).

I keep my avatar of Kevin basically because as far as characters go something about him represents me and I just really like him.

sorry.

oh yeah here is a real shitty tip. His combos are where its at. he has nice looking semi lengthy combos that aren't hard to do and do good damage. Thats all I can say cuz i'm a lazy piece of trash. I have like 2 MOTW combos movies I can give you, if you like.

That's the first pic I ever seen of you Spinmaster where you look like a real person. The other ones looked weird on my comp. :D

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
snesaes said:
That's the first pic I ever seen of you Spinmaster where you look like a real person. The other ones looked weird on my comp. :D

wierd? what like distorted or something? I know for sure that I never take normal pictures cuz i'm freakin loco:loco: :help: , I always take pics with me doing goofy retarded ass stuff if thats what you mean.

p.s. and thank you for calling me "SPINMASTER" instead of "spin". I hate that "spin" crap, its so freakin gay. If people wanna shorten the shit type "smx" or something. sure it may seem like a small thing to you but people repeatedly call me spin and Songohan even slipped and called me spin when I was at his house one day(that bastard).

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
hahahaha

I remember calling you Spin IRL.

People cheer for that at tournaments..

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
SPINMASTER X said:
wierd? what like distorted or something? I know for sure that I never take normal pictures cuz i'm freakin loco:loco: :help: , I always take pics with me doing goofy retarded ass stuff if thats what you mean.

p.s. and thank you for calling me "SPINMASTER" instead of "spin". I hate that "spin" crap, its so freakin gay. If people wanna shorten the shit type "smx" or something. sure it may seem like a small thing to you but people repeatedly call me spin and Songohan even slipped and called me spin when I was at his house one day(that bastard).

Haha. I just think it's more of a respect thing. I wouldn't want people calling me "snes" or "aes". Well, I guess that's not so bad. Maybe I'm not as lazy as everyone else. :)

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Yeah I hate when people call me THE it's irritating. :)

Anyways, Spinmaster sadly I'm not on any of those but if you could email it to the email in my profile I'd be very grateful. And Master Giby, those are some good combos, I'll be working on them today. Please post anymore that you have.