Samurai Showdown 5 Special for AES

cLo

Marked Wolf
I apologize ahead of time if this is old news...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 11:14 PM
To: info@snkneogeousaconsumer.com
Subject: Samurai Showdown 5 Special

Are there any plans to release Samurai Showdown 5 Special to the Neo-Geo AES homecart system?

To: "'Carlos"
Subject: RE: Samurai Showdown 5 Special
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 06:28:32 -0500

Yes. No date yet but we do expect an AES version.

Last edited:

cLo

Marked Wolf
Re: Samurai Showdown 5 Special confirmed for AES

This is good news. I'm glad I waited on SS5 and pre-ordered KoF 2K3 instead.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
So is the AES going to end with the series that started SNK's foray into being a serious competitor (i.e. SNK's first popular fighting game)

ProfessorFrink

Crossed Swords Squire
cLo, I'm with you. I wanted to order SS5 so bad last month, but I fought the urge in hopes of a Special home release.

We're so smrt.

cLo

Marked Wolf
ProfessorFrink said:
cLo, I'm with you. I wanted to order SS5 so bad last month, but I fought the urge in hopes of a Special home release.

We're so smrt.

Yeah, I'm really glad it's coming out, but also saddened that will probably be the last AES home cart release.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It's not that I doubt SS5S will come to AES; I thought it would. But it boggles the imagination that there still exist people who interpret Ben Herman saying something as "confirmed".

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
It's not that I doubt SS5S will come to AES; I thought it would. But it boggles the imagination that there still exist people who interpret Ben Herman saying something as "confirmed".

What he said.

I would actually not expect SS5 Special to come out on home cart.

cLo

Marked Wolf
SouthtownKid said:

What bad about Ben Herman?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
cLo said:
What bad about Ben Herman?

He's the American end of SNKP and basically has no influence and would get no news until everyone else does.

Lupin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I really hope this gets an AES release. I already have SS0 on AES and love it, but I would have no problem getting SS0 Special on AES also.

It would be great to complete all the Samurai Spirits on AES.

My favorite series.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Lupin said:
I really hope this gets an AES release. I already have SS0 on AES and love it, but I would have no problem getting SS0 Special on AES also.

It would be great to complete all the Samurai Spirits on AES.

My favorite series.

I agree. I have SSV on home cart, and would happily buy SSV Special if it comes out.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Well, Shawn has already confirmed that KoF 2k3 WON'T be the final AES release, so it makes sense.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
OmegaSaber said:
Well, Shawn has already confirmed that KoF 2k3 WON'T be the final AES release, so it makes sense.

No.

Shawn confirmed that KOF2003 is not confirmed to be the last homecart.

That doesn't really say anything.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
At least it comfirms my hopes of an english version. Now to see if Playmore's got the balls to give the storyline a proper translation.

matsukaze

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'll certainly buy it. I hope they carefully translate the story this time. It's so sadening to see all that text, but not understand any of it. It would be so great to see all of the missing SS2 characters, too. Of course, it'll never happen.

Did you all hear about the backgrounds? According to Iggy, it seems that each character will have their own uinque background. The night / fall / etc. versions of each stage is now for one character. The new backgrounds are suposed to be very good, also.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
chimpmeister said:
I agree. I have SSV on home cart, and would happily buy SSV Special if it comes out.

Not me, man. I'm a huge fan of the series... but shelling out $800 bucks for two different versions of the same game is just too much.

I'll pick up the PS2 port when it comes out.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
pleasegiveusEngrishtext
pleasegiveusEngrishtext
pleasegiveusEngrishtext
pleasegiveusEngrishtext

*gets hit with rotten tomatoes*
:glee:

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I find it strange that the president of the US branch of SNK answers customer inqueries that he gets in his e-mail. :annoyed:

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Syxx573 said:
I find it strange that the president of the US branch of SNK answers customer inqueries that he gets in his e-mail. :annoyed:

Any reason why you think it strange? It is not like SNK US Consumer is a very big company... most likely just an office or two with a handful of people.