PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots of Mizuki in SSV Special have hit the net

JC10001
03-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Courtesy of Magic Box (http://www.the-magicbox.com/Mar04/game030904c.shtml)

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/jc12345-ss5sp.jpg

Magnaflux
03-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Those morons should get their shit together before they release an article.

Mizuki has been around since '94...dumbasses.

PS <3 I really need this game now.

roker
03-09-2004, 05:53 PM
the baddest bitch is back

and looking better than ever

BIG BEAR
03-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by the roker
the baddest bitch is back

and looking better than ever
Yes! Yuki looks like they could fill SNKP's shoes iwth no problem at all..
-BB

Spoonman
03-09-2004, 06:09 PM
SNKP: I ask you, why not Kuroko?

glad to see mizuki again tho

mdog
03-09-2004, 06:20 PM
I want this game NOW!!!

It would be nice if they added just a few more older characters,Cham Cham,Gen-an,Wang Fu, in which they've already hinted that additional ones will be added later.

:glee:

Loopz
03-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Sweet Jeebus, that looks cool.
I thought Mizuki was redrawn though...it's been a while since I saw her in SS2, but she seems the same as way back.
Where the fuck is Wan-Fu? One of the coolest SamSho characters ever needs to come on back, dammit.

tsukaesugi
03-09-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Loopz
I thought Mizuki was redrawn though...it's been a while since I saw her in SS2, but she seems the same as way back.
Where the fuck is Wan-Fu? One of the coolest SamSho characters ever needs to come on back, dammit.

It always kinda irks me when a character only gets one appearance in a series (Eiji, Foxy, Geese in KOF; Cham-Cham, Seiger, Nicotine in SS). Bosses only should have one appearance (*cough cough* Rugal 94, 95, 98, 02).

It's like SNKP has it backward. SS0 has enough overpowered characters as it is. Leave the bosses out and get some of the older roster back in.

Kazuki Dash
03-09-2004, 07:08 PM
th-they r-r-redrew her sprite...AND IT LOOKS GOOD!
:eek:

:multi_co:

Force
03-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Holy shit. I'd suck Shawn's dick if he managed to get a home cart release of this.

Matt

LWK
03-09-2004, 07:12 PM
How bad ass does that look?

This is why im always complaining. If they can do that, there is no excuse Gen An is not in this game. I mean seriously. Rip old bosses (I am so sick of Zankuro) and leave a entire potential roster untouched. I dont understand.

Orpheus
03-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Tops.
Now give me Cham Cham, Earthquake, Gen An and Koruko and this game can sit beside sam sho 2.

Average Joe
03-09-2004, 07:38 PM
"SNK Playmore / Yuki Enterprise revealed a new character named Mizuki in Samurai Spirits Zero Special, the game is scheduled to release in arcade this spring, and marked as the very last NeoGeo MVS arcade title."

Heh, guys don't know their Neo.

Mizuki is my all-time favorite Boss character, so chances are I'll pick up this game just for that.

*edit - Just noticed my rank... how fitting.

Underdog
03-09-2004, 07:40 PM
Stuff like this is why Playmore (and Eolith, Yuki, etc) is so frustrating. They flirt with SNK-level greatness, but never pull it completely off. Try to say those Capcom sprites in SvC didn't look damn good. Why couldn't the gameplay be there? Same deal here. That looks good, so why all the ripping on everything else?

droid
03-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Stuff like this is why Playmore (and Eolith, Yuki, etc) is so frustrating. They flirt with SNK-level greatness, but never pull it completely off. Try to say those Capcom sprites in SvC didn't look damn good. Why couldn't the gameplay be there? Same deal here. That looks good, so why all the ripping on everything else?

Exactly...Makes you wonder if you'll get the same exact thing from SNKP on Atomiswave...Different wrapping same product?

Droid

Dio_Brando
03-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Those have been in the official website for a few days already.

Sundance
03-09-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Force
Holy shit. I'd suck Shawn's dick if he managed to get a home cart release of this.

Matt

Woh...real friendly round here!

Originally posted by Loopz

Yeah...we needs the Wan Man. Never got tired of Playin as Wan Fu. He's the r0xx0rs:buttrock:

Curt
03-09-2004, 11:00 PM
The game looks really good...

Big Shady
03-09-2004, 11:03 PM
HOLY SHIT DEMON'S COMING OUT OF HERE SKIRT! :make_fac:

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew
03-09-2004, 11:06 PM
koll

kc
03-09-2004, 11:22 PM
meh

Fran
03-10-2004, 04:53 AM
new sprite for mizuki only because they could NOT use her older one

it wouldnt fit in there

not because they love us or whatever

they decided to include all the bosses because if was the easiest shortcut to justify another sequel

omg omg where are gen-an and cham cham and sieger ?

sometimes you guys are so naive :spock:

you're all over ss0special and are ignoring kof 2003

thats truly the ONLY post snk game i like

the only game that deserves attention and has tons of new stuff in it

ah,IMO

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew
03-10-2004, 08:28 AM
kof03 is pretty good.

i mean, it's decent, at least they changed some stuff up this time.

i just prefer to play a ss game over a kof game any day of the week.

why would you think a videogame company would love the fans these days.

none of them do.

only money counts.

laziness = money :spock:

breal
03-10-2004, 12:49 PM
Finally she's back, but where's Sieger?

OrochiEddie
03-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Never played SS2 much but, still its a nice addition. I still want to see F***n earthquake in this piece

RabbitTroop
03-10-2004, 07:41 PM
I am just floored that Shiki and Earthquake aren't in these games... I mean as Fran says, they are all about taking the easy route, not doing it for the gamers... So with that being said, why weren't two characters that were done and ready get thrown in Special? Or maybe they did. By the way... Anyone know if the damn Poppy code still works? Yes I've read and no one mentions it.

-Nick

SeaWolf69
03-10-2004, 10:39 PM
Man this game looks good!!! Although I was kind of hoping they would end with every character playable in the series?!? Now that would be a SS Special!!! Who knows, maybe SAMMY will attempt it?

LWK
03-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Fran
new sprite for mizuki only because they could NOT use her older one

it wouldnt fit in there

not because they love us or whatever

they decided to include all the bosses because if was the easiest shortcut to justify another sequel

omg omg where are gen-an and cham cham and sieger ?

sometimes you guys are so naive :spock:

you're all over ss0special and are ignoring kof 2003

thats truly the ONLY post snk game i like

the only game that deserves attention and has tons of new stuff in it

ah,IMO

I play alot of KOF 2003. Enjoying being a cheap corner whore with billy's juggles. But there is so much cheap ass bullshit that it ruins alot of competitive play.
Read my Benimaru SINGLE thread at on.com. I pretty much cover things that annoy me, but besides those, 2003 is a excellent KOF in its own right, just not a game I could ever compare to a masterpiece like 2k1/98/95. If they had put some more debug time in it, endless beni chains and terrible grab range wouldnt be possible. This isnt a welcome change..

What can you do though, people complained of damage in 95, poor graphics in 98, horrid everything in 2001.

I take pride in the simple pleasures. My history has told me to never give a person with OCD a opening to opinion. I wont ever shut up, as it becomes a conversation about everything.

SSV SP is a worthless sequal. I've been saying this since I heard about it. Cause we know playmores idea of special, and its not special at all. Unless the word begins with a dollar sign.