New KoF Neo Wave info in latest Famitsu (Gameplay and Eiji)

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
According to Shyeim at MM Cafe:

KOF Neowave developed by Playmore and published by Sammy

KOF NW Basic gameplay is almost same as KOF 2002.

You have 3 gameplay modes.

S system: 3 Power guage and press BC for MAX(use 1 power guage)
N system: 1 Power guage and press BC for MAX(use half power guage)
K system: 2 Power guage and just defense system

DM usage: S 1 power guage
N 1/2 power guage
K same as S mode

For the further detail look at the link.

From Iggy at Madman's Cafe (translated form the same source/link

If I can translate a little more of this...
In this week famitsu, we see pics of new characters in the game : Beni vs Athena, Eiji (EIJI) vs Jhun, K' vs Ryo, Terry vs Iori, Ralf vs Leona. Except Eiji and Jhun, everybody was here in 2002... Athena even has her psychoball attack from 2002 (the stance, they don't say anything about her clothes).

The system thing has been translated from a foreign site and have not been verified, plus we have the risk the guy mistook a wish list for a real information (since the grooves are far less different then, say, SNK grooves from CvS2).

And after looking around by myself, it appears Athena has her 2002 clothes.
Oh, crap... It's frenzy on 2ch, people say one thing then the contrary, it comes from a korean site, no it comes from an american magazine who asked SNKof America... Oh well.
PROBABLE NETA ALERT
Someone says there will be 45 characters, someone else says the select screen is like this :

Kyo, Beni, Daimon, Shingo, SAISHU, Chris, Shermie, Yashiro, Vice, Mature, Iori.
K', Maxima, Whip, Kula, Leona, Heidern, Chang, Choi, Jhun, Lin.
HEAVY D!, PLUCKY, BRIAN, Ralf, Clark, Chin, Kensou, Athena.
Terry (old outfit), Andy, Joe, Mai, Mary, Kim, Yamazaki, XIANFEI, KRAUZER, Billy, GEESE.
BIG, EIJI, KASUMI, Yuri, Takuma, Robert, Ryo.

Their info is from this link:
http://yaotome.jp/cgi-bin/chkofbbs/lresbbs.cgi

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
EIJI!

Fran - will this keep you from total post-SNK depression? Or is it too late?:D

Cheers mate, you're the KING

Lee (garg7)

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Well, it's what I had supposed, there's no "Sammy KOF" and "SNK KOF". They're all the same, KOF 2004 = KOF NEOWAVE.

And maybe the char list is only a wish list, but if it's the true list, we'll have a dream match AGAIN.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP *SPLOOOOOOOGE*

BEST.ROSTER.EVAR.

p.s. now is the time once again my fellow geese players.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
the return of the Boss Team...and EIJI?!?!?!
omg...somebody better tell Fran
:eek:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
If Krauser is in this and isnt a direct rip from 96 im gonna have to sell out.

EIJI. How many fucking years its been?

If this is bullshit im not gonna be happy.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Now all they need to freakin do is fix those boring ass backgrounds. Jeeze put some people cheering in the background or something. I'm about to fall asleep just looking at them.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
and if they choose to have a "desolated style" stage, here's a piece of advice for them:

1) observe Goenitz' stage from KOF 96
2) take detailed notes
3) repeat steps 1 & 2 several times
4) now you have NO EXCUSE...do it right

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Probably bullshit.

But if not then what I said this morning in that other thread is true (Even though it's missing the bosses/minibosses like Chizuru)

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
gargoyle7 said:
EIJI!

Fran - will this keep you from total post-SNK depression? Or is it too late?:D

But don't forget, the system is basically identical to 2002.

Kyo_JP

n00b
Where is King in this list? Remember the VS screenshot from Arcadia...

KOFAW_000.jpg

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
If Krauser is in this and isnt a direct rip from 96 im gonna have to sell out.

EIJI. How many fucking years its been?

If this is bullshit im not gonna be happy.

Hey, same here, I'm a bit skeptical about the roster as of right now (notice they don't mention King when King is already shown in a screenshot). But let's hope this apparent "Jhun vs Eiji" shot is scanned so we can get an official confirmation that at least he's in the game (and whether they redrew his sprite or not).

I count on Eiji's sprite being redone (or else it wouldn't fit in AT ALL with the 96 and onward style), and assuming Geese is in it, probably use his SvC incarnation like the PS2 port of 2k2. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the 96 and onward sprites stay the same since they're at least in the same stye as the later ones (aside from a few touchups, Goenitz was virtually the same as 96 in SvC)

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Thanks for the info. Not to nit-pick: this is game system news/rumor, not gameplay/

Kusanagi2004

NEST Puppet
Thanks for the info man! Wow, at last all of the Eiji lovers will get another chance to play with some ninja attitude after almost 9 years. Eiji's ok, I'm sure I'll use him a bit, but Krauser and Geese are dearly missed by me. I used Saisyu Kusanagi quite a bit in 98, but compared to Shingo and Kyo he just didn't move like I wanted him too. This game sounds like its gonna rock.

Last edited:

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
I'd buy the pcb in a heartbeat if that roster was real.

Matt

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
SPINMASTER X said:

p.s. now is the time once again my fellow geese players.
Finally, it's been far too damn long. This info better be true, cause I'm going to be pissed off if it isn't.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
I really hope it's true too.

And plus some clarification from Iggy

Thanks for pointing it, I missed her. She's [supposed to be] between Kasumi and Yuri.
In that rumor, we miss : Goenitz, Chizuru, Bao, Vanessa, Seth, Ramon, Hinako, K9999, Angel, May Lee, Foxy, '2003 characters, and the bosses (I put Goenitz out of the "boss" category since he is in 2002 PS2).
And people list Rugal as a confirmed character... as a boss, I guess, since it looks like yet another Dream Match, but maybe as a regular character again, like in 98?

FROM NOW ON, ANOTHER RUMOR. THE TWO ARE NOT LINKED AT ALL
Interview made for the Arcadia of next month (supposedly someone at Arcadia talked about it) : they don't consider the game as a KOF matsuri, but a SNK matsuri, so that's why they put systems from other games (Just defense, and... and... oh, wait, the MAX 2 now has the name it had in regular Garou, Kinzaiougi. Right SNK, right, go for it.) THAT'S WHY there are no new characters but characters from garou/ryuko games (...po). And yeah, we're working on it since a long, long time! Since june! yes! believe us! (if they are not calling back Lee Pailong, Hon fu, Duck King, Chonshu, Chonrei or Tung Fung Rue, I don't see the point of using the same Garou and Ryuko character we've already seen in KOF...)

Q : what about the ura characters (like the orochi version, but also the alternate versions of KOF 98) ?
SNK : what about them? (laugh)

Some more hidden characters, more systems.
Some KOF original characters return.

In May. DC and PS2 (DC!!!???!?)

So I think it's best to assume, characters like Geese and Krauser are very likely, just not confirmed yet.

I'm sure someone will post the scanned Eiji vs Jhun pic the second it comes out.

syringe

Banned
The cast looks good, but I dislike the use of any and all groove systems (because they're finnicky imo). But I suppose I'll just stick to the K grove (I love teh just defend). So overall this looks pretty good. Also shoot me, but I was beginning to really like the Kof2003 tag system and was beginning to hope they'd stick with it.

Last edited:

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i checked the link and the guy who said he saw eiji was not referring to the famitsu pics (which i have seen and are in sho's thread for anyone to see). in those pics jhun is fighting vs athena.

the guy in the link from the small part i read seems to be giving info he got from some other source.

at this point i wouldnt say eiji is definitely in the game.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Kid Aphex said:
omfg.

heavy d and lucky?!

pffffft. port please.

Heres hoping D!'s
cross up c, cB, cB, cB, sA, sA, sA, sA, sA, sA, cA sdm is still possible.

Terry is gonna be my bitch if this is possible.