wavey video on a pgm....

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
well....I am working on my pgm to go, and the video is wavey...in both s-vid and rca. I am using a jrok 3.0.....

here's the possibilities I can think of......

I had to solder extensions on the 5 jrok wires...to get it across the case on the far side.

The video outs are pretty close to the power plug...and the video wires are only 26 guage and go past the 18 guage power wires pretty close.

Dscn5605.jpg

The jroks regular ground is taken off of the pause switch, which is taken over to the switch from this really thin wire.(not sure if it has anything to do with it, but it's the only thing I have done different in this project)

I really have no idea why this is happening and I am not even 100% it wasn't there when I was using my supernova....but it's there. It is still really easy to play and the picture is still clear...but the waves go along the side and it is somewhat bothersome...

any ideas? I can try to take some shots today if I stay home...

any help would be appreciated!!

is this a normal thing on the pgm system? I am playing the Guardian....

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
no, this isn't that normal type of wavey.......I don't think...

the actual sides of the screen have this 1/8 inch rippling going down the sides......but the picture mostly stays still in the middle..or maybe it's just more noticable on the edge.....

maybe it's desert heat effects in the game, lol......

Last edited:

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Tried different TV's? i've had probs with my PGM on certain TV's from it going to extreme brightness to super Dark.....just a suggestion.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Thanks! It is the TV :crying: any ideas? turn down color? brightness?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
screw that!lol that tv was my grad present and is my baby! :D

hdtv ready, progressive scan, 3 s-vid, 4 rca, 1 component, 2 vga inputs, front and back usb ports so you can plug a keyboard and mouse right into the front of the TV and play PC games online w/ a pc hooked into the back, pip, and the only thing I need is a solid component switch box so I can hook my xbox,gcn, and dvd via component.....other then that....I love my tv way to much to pick up something new...

also, all of my other arcade stuff looks perfect on it!

besides, that pgm setup is supposed to be played elsewhere....thats why it's in that big ass case with room for 4 comtrollers and all hookups....hopefully along with an extra game when I get one.

BUT...at least I know it's not the pgm setup :)

Thanks for the help!!! I feel much better about it now. :)