MVS button Help!

jocappy

Another Striker
My A button on player 1 side doesnt work everytime. How do I replace or repair. Works some of the time, very fustrating playing metal slug and it shots every other time. Joe

Logicdustbin

Sieger's Squire
I have never opened a control panel on a cab, I have built my own I would have to say that replacing a button has to be the cheapest replacement part on a cab.

rather easy too, once you get at it.

jocappy

Another Striker
Ok, easy and cheap. My favorite in most things ;) But how do you do it. Just got my cab 2 weeks ago. Joe

Logicdustbin

Sieger's Squire
5896xxl.gif

5896xxlex.gif

The button looks like this, as you can see (hopefully) the they are not complicated, the button gets installed from the top of the control panel, a large plastic nut holds it all in place, and you have 2 wires to connect.

just pay attention to how they hook up, there are 3 connectors on the microswitch: ground, NO <- Normally Open, and NC <- Normally Closed.

You want it hooked up to GND and NO.

Again, very easy, but, I don't know how to tell you to get the control panel off.

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Last edited:

jocappy

Another Striker
For the time I wait for the red button I switch the white game select button with the red A botton. Works like a champ. I just might get a entire new set of buttons for this bad boy. THanks for all the help and links to sites! Joe

Sundance

Sho's Rival
chris1 said:
Sometimes you can get whole set-ups on Ebay..

It's probably just the switch..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3279226728&category=13718
It's probably just the switch..

Or you can order them from Happs..& some other companies.
http://www.happcontrols.com/pushbuttons/pushbuttons.htm

Logicdustbin :D We were posting the same thing..

I'll vouch for tornadoterrysdot, i won one of those auctions for a complete set. I would like to note though that the ULTIMATE joysticks are shorter than the original stock joysticks by about a 1/4 of an inch so, so if your like me & have big hands you may want to look around for taller joysticks. That or email tornadoterrysdot and ask if he'd substitute or sell taller joysticks if available. :cool: Other than that you can't beat the package deal for all the parts. There all correctly colored and easy to install.