question about modding the ngpc system

dbarrett0928

Banned
Hi there...anyone that can give me this info or do this for me for a price would be greatly appreciated. Is it possible to mod the ngpc so that you can run a video wire and possibly even audio to the tv so you can play it on your tv...i know there has to be a way but i dont even own the system yet...please let me know if its been done!

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
forget it.. the signals going to the lcd screen are digital and WAY different from anything a TV can use.. you'd have to analyze the signals and figure out a way to build a transcoder, and then the picture would look pretty shitty (blown up to tv size from the low NGPC resolution).. it's just not worth the money and time.

dbarrett0928

Banned

ok, thanks people...i am not a tech guy so i thought it was possible...what about hooking it up to your sega dreamcast? does that work..? someone told me it did?

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
that's for sharing data between certain games.. i.e. some kof part for the ngpc will unlock stuff in the DC version etc.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I know I've seen this mod done to a GBA in the days before the GBA player for gamecube. While I certainly don't know much about the differences between the consoles, it seems as though the mod would be feasible, even if not worth it.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
I have looked into the NGPC-to-TV mod as well and decided that I'd never be able to do it de novo. Will take a prototype system to make it possible. If you look at the GBA-to-TV converters, they appear fairly simple. Problem is, the NGPC is still different. Only hope is to snag RGB off the processor and go from there, but I have NO IDEA where that is on the chip, or even if it is.