Intro video of KoF MaxImp (PS2)

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Thanks, but the link doesn't seem to work.

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Nice too see it in clear, high-res instead of the crappy camera-shot video we had before. Gave me a better impression of it, but they still look stiff as hell.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
OK, I just saw it myself and definately it doesn't look great, but I'll wait til I see the actual game... But my expectations are quite low... :annoyed:

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Hmm just saw the clip (thanks very much for the link) And I must say my thoughts of the game are lukewarm.

The music sounded awesome! It'll be great to hear high-qualty music in a KoF again. Some of the characters also look...interesting. Especially that blonde with the goggles.

Though I have to say I burst into laughter when I watched the "stare-offs" after hearing jay's opinion of it. It really is lame in that regard. It looks like a bunch of life-sized statues facing each other. And yes I agree, the CG looks like hi-quality PS1 era. Let's just hope the "standoffs" are from an early beta since other parts toward the end show some decent animation quality.

I wasn't exactly expecting Soul-Calibur 2 or VF4 graphics, but something around this level. I'd rather hear about the gameplay.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I like how they avoided doing the obvious, like having the characters moving around and doing stuff. I will say this in its defense, however: The characters look much better than the clown suits of that 3D AW fighter shown a while back. I forget the name, but it had the Tekken-inspired background.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
They look like wax statues. I highly doubt that the final intro video or game will play like that though, as its clearly "alpha" footage.

I like the goggle chick. ;D

Curt

apostate
They just stand around throughout most of the video, as if the animators were to lazy to do the animations for them...

Utter garbage... if this is any indication of how this Game will be, you wont be able to pay me to play it.,

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Yep, it's looking more and more like KoF will die with the Neo. Between this and KoF NeoWave I am NOT impressed.

Oh well, at least my wallet will be happier since I'll be saving so much money by not buying new homecarts...

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
wow

I at least expected them to "try"

This looks horrible

syringe

Banned
Yeah......this reallly doesn't inspire alot of hope for the game...

I also feel that SNKP needs to retire the old cornball style Terry and just let the motw "look" take over as permanent as it's such a sick design. Imo 3d version of the motw terry would look sick instead of total cornball, like the old-style does. I thought SVC was the last game we were going to see it in, guess I was wrong :(.

Last edited:

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Holy fucking christ what a shitty looking game. Has this been hiding in a vault since 1996?

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I disagree.

If that's in-engine graphics, I think it looks great.

Too many people being "too hip for the room" here, especially when it comes to 3d.

It looks good, I'll be anxiously waiting this title, just out of curiousity. Give it a chance people, you HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED IT.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I agree. If that's ingame graphics, then it looks fantastic.

I also dig the music too. Kinda reminds me of Megaman though. ;)

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
I disagree.

Too many people being "too hip for the room" here, especially when it comes to 3d.

It looks good, I'll be anxiously waiting this title, just out of curiousity. Give it a chance people, you HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED IT.

nah, I'm not being too hip, the character design is absolutely horrible.

What's up wit the the skunk hair Japanese guy?

How about the girl that looks like she's from Space Channel 5?

This game looks bad, hopefully they've taken this time to fix it up and change the characters a bit.

btw, I could use a cold one right about now:

vanilla.jpg

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
you know you wanna play it.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
the roker said:
nah, I'm not being too hip, the character design is absolutely horrible.

What's up wit the the skunk hair Japanese guy?

How about the girl that looks like she's from Space Channel 5?

This game looks bad, hopefully they've taken this time to fix it up and change the characters a bit.

btw, I could use a cold one right about now:

When that same look is Steve Fox in Tekken 4, people loved it.

:rolleyes:

Seriously, reserve all judgement at the LEAST. You have no point of reference for this video, much less the game, just that it's the intro video.

I hope it's good, that's all I can say.

syringe

Banned
VanillaThunder said:
I disagree.

I guess I just have a pre-existing bias to projects that attempt to transition 2d fighting series with gameplay intact to the tune of 3D graphics.

It's probably just due to how horrible everything went when capcom attempted to transition the SF series to 3D, the entire SF:EX series was sluggish,buggy, trash.

The same thing with happened under midway with MK4, transitioning to a 3d graphics engine while retaining the traditional almost always results in a sluggish, unresponsive and awkward game. Which is a point that Midway drove even further home in which they had to departed from tradtional MK gameplay and made Deadly Alliance more a conventional 3d fighter.

So unfortunately, I expect if it's supposed to play like a traditional KOF it's going to be unresponsive and horrible, and if it goes the Deadly Alliance route where they mix a few traditional elements of the 2d series with a conventional 3D combat system I'm just not interested.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
When that same look is Steve Fox in Tekken 4, people loved it.

:rolleyes:

Seriously, reserve all judgement at the LEAST. You have no point of reference for this video, much less the game, just that it's the intro video.

I hope it's good, that's all I can say.

that's fine, I could end up eating my words

but the vid does give you a good idea about the character design, and I'll have to say "meh" to that

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I like the cowboy guy.

Anyone know how the story is going to go for this and if it ties into the orochi at all?