Name that game...please!

flywheels

n00b
I remember playing the Neo Geo in the arcade years ago that had a fun side scrolling shooter style game...but I can't remember the name! It featured small dwarf like characters and played similiar to Contra. It wasn't futuristic themed, so I know it wasn't Cyber Lip. I believe these main characters have recently been used in one of the 2D fighting games as secondary characters. Perhaps Capcom vs. SNK?

Does anyone know what I'm trying to describe? Short fellas w/ brown hair and semi-big noses. Its killing me not knowing what this game was called. I'm also trying to figure out if this game was released on CD.

Let me know if you can help out a newbie. Thanks!

flywheels@yahoo.com

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Sure it wasn't TOP HUNTER? *That wasn't really a RGS game as violent as Metal Slug or Shock Troopers, but it's the only RGS game I can think of that came out quasi-futuristic like with parody gags and what not. Not to mention a very XABUNGLE like "Walker Machine" mech to pilot.

MERCENARY X99

flywheels

n00b
NOT Metal Slug

I know that it wasn't a Metal Slug game! I've played those before. This one was more fantasy than it was military. It did have some mech out creatures, but it definately wasn't a Metal Slug game.

Last edited:

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
Is the game called - Blue's Journey - ? They look like dwarves!Even though they werent used in SVC. Thats all I can come up with...

flywheels

n00b
No, its not that game either. I just looked at all of the screenshots here on the site and I don't see it there. I swear I played that game on a Neo Geo arcade machine. Oh well, thanks for everyone's help!

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
flywheels said:
No, its not that game either. I just looked at all of the screenshots here on the site and I don't see it there. I swear I played that game on a Neo Geo arcade machine. Oh well, thanks for everyone's help!

...okay after re-reading your original post I know it's not Top Hunter you're talking about, but if it's not METAL SLUG but reminds you of METAL SLUG then it's probably the game DEMON FRONT . *If not then I don't know what to tell you, if it is though, the game IS NOT ON THE NEO:GEO system at all. That game is on the IGS System and is JAMMA compatible, and playable on a Super Gun no different than TAITO F-3 w. PCB games. Hope the link helps you out man. :cool:

MERCENARY X99

Zayon

NEST Puppet
Its most likely Miracle Adventure, aka Spinmaster

Although... featured in a fighting game... hehe, maybe not then.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I'll bet its this one
3wonders.gif

3won_102.jpg

I can't rmember the name of it but it had 3 games in one cab - 3 Wonders. One was a puzzle game another was a shooter called chariot and then there was an other shooter like contra that had monsters and crap.
[edit]
BTW I love this game it's really fun.

Last edited:

flywheels

n00b
Tehcno, the resident Junkion, got it right! I had forgot that there were 3 games in the same cabinet, but those are the screen shots I remember. The Contra style game was a blast. Does anyone know if it was released on CD format?

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Ill6

Marked Wolf
Its not a Neo Geo game at all mate...

You can get it as a 3 disk Jap Saturn - 3 Wonders by Xing... Theoretically arcade perfect but I never played the arcade only the sat version.

I also saw the pcb come up on ebay about a month ago. Can't remember how much it sold for.

No, it never came out as a Neo Geo CD!

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
OMG!!! i have been looking for that game for years!!!! so whats its name??? where can i get the saturn disk or the arcade jamma???? please help!!! OMG... i have told people about this game for years and they think im crazy.. is so awesome!!! Please help!!!:D :D :D

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Were all 3 games on the same Saturn disk?? thats awesome..also what did the the arcade run on?? disk also or a jamma? i would love to get this for my Supergun.. any help at all would be great!! Thanks so much!!:drool_2: I need this game!!

Ill6

Marked Wolf
Its a 3 disc set on the saturn...

I can't remember about the pcb but I think it was just a stright PCB rather then a system as such.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Damn... made in 91' and has the "suicide battery".. might be running out of time on this,,tick..tick.. tick...

'This game uses a "suicide battery", located on the c-board of the PCB. When this battery dies, the game will no longer operate. You will be greeted with a blank screen upon power-up. A hack exists to revive the game, involving burning one or more new EPROMs and using the c-board from a different CPS-1 game (one that doesn't have a suicide battery). "

Are the ports any good?? any slowdown? changes made ect..
i would love to get the PS ver. or a working jamma..
Thanks for all the info... :tickled:
Feels great when you find out the info on a game you loved*

flywheels

n00b
So Capcom released this game in the arcades...I guess that would explain why one of the characters from Midnight Wanders was in one of the Capcom vs. fighting games as a side character.

3 games in one cabinet...I guess thats why I thought it was on the Neo Geo. Not too many older arcade machines supported multiple games.

I did a quick search on Google for the game. Found a UK based website that has the game in stock. One more on eBay from a UK based seller.

I'm guessing the Saturn port is near arcade perfection. Another great Capcom game I remember playing a long time ago was Warriors of Fate. When I started to research the game, I found that it too was released overseas in Japan for the Saturn. Took me a long time to find it, but when I finally did and played it...well...it took me right back to the arcade. Awesome. If that and Dungeons & Dragons were that good on the Saturn, 3 Wonders shouldn't disappoint either.

flywheels

n00b
I think it was videogameimports.com

I've never heard of them before, but the website where I found that link had several good things to say of them. Good luck.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Just for completeness sake, here's a comparison of the games' titles in Japan and in the U.S.:

Wonder 3..........Three Wonders

Roosters ~Chariot o sagashite~..........Midnight Wanderers: quest for the chariot

Chariot ~Tenkuu e no tabi~..........Chariot: adventure through the sky

Donpuru..........Don't Pull

--Chris

flywheels

n00b
Well, I finally got 3 Wonders and played it today. Pure bliss! I love these games. They are just as I remembered...HARD but loads of Fun. Roosters/Midnight Wanders reminds me more of Ghosts 'n Goblins than does Contra. Enemies appearing from the ground like zombies, being able to shoot straight up or down, getting hit once leaves you in your skibbys (underwear). Very fun. Chariot is also a blast. Not enough weapon upgrades, but still a good solid shooter.

Still haven't played the puzzle game yet.

Worth the $45 I spent for this game. Of course, it was bundled w/ import Dead or Alive and Saturn Bomberman Fight so that was a killer deal.