Question about Japanese Neo Geo System

Fingerman

n00b
Hi, I just bought a Japanese AES Neo Geo System.
and I noticed that it is very light and it seems there is nearly nothing inside... it makes a weight difference with my European one...
Also the cartridge are really hard to push in or pull out from the slot....
Since I have no TV arround me to test it... i'd like to know if it's normal or if I have a problem...

Thank you.

Fingerman

n00b
Sorry I post it in the wrong category...
if u could move it to the tech support...
sorry again...

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
I don't know if it helps, but my Japanese Neogeo CD is extremely light too.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I own a Japanese system and find that it is not light nor heavy. I would guess about 1.25lbs at most.

GAMEFAN

Fingerman

n00b
I read that in fact there is several models... some of them are reinforced with metal armature inside... some not...
but what is more a probleme is that slot where I have to push the cartridge very hard...

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
As you have pointed out, the first revision has extra (unnecessary) metal grounding/renforcement plates which makes the console heavier. As to the cartridge slot size, I can't notice a difference between the two different versions......

I guess I now understand why you posted the thread on you SvC cart.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Those are not reinforcements. They are interference shields.

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
ahhhhh...I guess that finally explains why I keep getting slight interference in my picture.

Fingerman

n00b
ResOglas no... because when I had the SVC problem it was with my european... and I had no slot problem with it... ;)

Curt

apostate
My Mega Neo seems quite light for its size

I think it's a modified Japanese system

dbarrett0928

Banned
jap aes

my jap aes was super light, i alwayts thought for a system that big it would way at least like a ps1....anyways...as far as the fact the carts are hard to insert and remove - is the system in really good condition? It may just be rarely used and is still being broke in!

Fingerman

n00b
The system works and in in good shape (outside).
I compared with some other JAPANESE NEOGEO and it seems that in the light japanese model the card are hard to pull...