kof neo wave, impressions of pics.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
famitsu has 3 or 4 new pics of the game in the latest issue, they show athena, maxima, iori, kyo, beni and jhun.

they are relatively small but very clear. the write up on the game is general and doesnt mention any real new info.

to be honest the game looks live cvs2 or mvc2. it really seems to be clean hi res 3-d bgs with the same old sprites looking very pixelated ala cvs2 and mvc2.

i'll play the game to death of course... i am a kof arcade junkie but unless this game has the entire roster of characters + some new ones then i cant see it being very well received or considered to be "progressive"

EXTRA INFO

lots of pics of re4 on the game cube and although i am not an re fan this looks absolutely fucking amazing. the environments look very organic and detailed.. the hero with a harpoon on a row boat looks awesome as does the lotr troll looking boss fight.

im looking forward to this one now :)

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
It'll be good that another KOF will come out. It's sad though that they're seemingly taking the route of Capcom and updating everything except what should be updated:angry: !

Nice to here that you have a positive impression of RE4 Beezlebubble:) It's meant to be the first RE with 3-D backgrounds since Code:Veronica and it really seems to take a new direction in the franchise (well at least I hope it does, looking at the screenshots:rolleyes: )

This has got to be the dumbest SNKP game to come out yet.

Next on the menu: Metal Slug 5.1, virtually the same game as MS5, but with 3d enhanced, atomiswave bg's.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
KOF Neo Wave = Sammy game

KOF 2004 = SNKP game

I don't know if SNKP has anything to do with this title, I guess we';ll find out in the next few weeks.

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
beelzebubble said:
famitsu has 3 or 4 new pics of the game in the latest issue, they show athena, maxima, iori, kyo, beni and jhun.

Considering there´s nothing on gameplay, my questions are purely aesthetical (sp?).

Which outfit is Athena wearing? Considering Kyo is in the 99-2K2 one... And Beni?

Any new backgrounds? The first three are pretty gritty and stuff. I was hoping for some colorful ones, and some with an audience watching the fight. Any info on that?

Thanks, man.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Yeesh. My already limited excitement for this is even lower now.

Someone smack Sammy around for this bullshit. This is NOT what we want to see!!

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Re: Re: kof neo wave, impressions of pics.

Dio_Brando said:
Which outfit is Athena wearing?

I'm wondering about that as well.

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Fygee said:
Yeesh. My already limited excitement for this is even lower now.

Someone smack Sammy around for this bullshit. This is NOT what we want to see!!

I'm confused... really confused.
Most people are happy there are no GG style sprites.
So what would be best?

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
dragonwillow said:
I'm confused... really confused.
Most people are happy there are no GG style sprites.
So what would be best?

The best would be high-res sprites that looked like KOF. But that´s just not happening (if they re-draw them, there´s no way they wouldn´t change them). So... in the end everybody will whine.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
hopefully someone will upload those new pictures. BTW what ever happened to the svc uploader?

Solidus Snake

Genam's Azami Sharpener
jeff bogard said:
[BBTW what ever happened to the svc uploader? [/B]
Shut down indefinitely. Too many non-japanese speaking posters raided the site with hate messages.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
I've been meaning to say this for ages but from what pics i have seen i think that ralf has his 94-98 clothing on (ripped jeans we know we know), whilst i think clark has the 99-03 threads. You can make out his clothes as its awkward because he's in the just defended frames.

Gee i hope i'm right about it.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Lots of people have pointed that out since the first pics were put on the net, everyone is saying it's different grooves or kind of like Vampire Chronicle or that new SF2 game where you get to pick what version of the character you have.

Shozuki

n00b
after damning this game to hell...

I just hope the game plays fresh - like KOF 2003 fresh....

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
KOF Neo Wave = Sammy game

KOF 2004 = SNKP game

i translated the article in arcadia for j hendrix the other day as he was interested in finding out which company exactly is in charge of this game.. iirc it is snkp who is making neo wave NOT sammy.

it was mentioned indirectly though.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
beelzebubble said:
i translated the article in arcadia for j hendrix the other day as he was interested in finding out which company exactly is in charge of this game.. iirc it is snkp who is making neo wave NOT sammy.

it was mentioned indirectly though.
That's kind of what I thought. My memory's going, but I seem to remember someone posting that SNKP's first attempt at developing for the AW got rejected for being not different enough from what they'd been doing on MVS, which is kind of what these pics have looked like to me. I wish I could remember who posted that (crunches on senbei)...

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Great Googly-Moogly, Batman!

I hope the poor color from those pictures is just the screenshots, or bad photograph....maybe from an aging sheet of paper from the magazine.

The sprites look a little larger than before.
Athena's new outfit looks nice enough.
Now if only they'd just give Benimaru a new outfit instead of re-hashing the one he's had since '99.

It also looks like Maxima's insides were opened. A set of stun sprites from an interrupt during a super I hope....

Otherwise, it doesn't look too different from the KOF'99 engine. Hopefully they'll add interesting things, like people in the background before final release. ....and an AST would be nice too.

--KagerouSama

Solidus Snake

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Re: Great Googly-Moogly, Batman!

KagerouSama said:

Athena's new outfit looks nice enough.

--KagerouSama

Naw, that's the KOF 2K2 outfit. Finally the Athena code is broken!

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Quick, Muttley! Ready the oil-slick button!

Origonally posted by Solidus Snake: Naw, that's the KOF 2K2 outfit. Finally the Athena code was broken!

D'oh! I've tried to keep up with the Athena outfits using vgmuseum. I've been fooled again, but only by ignorance!

Quick, Muttley, we'll head them off at the pass!
(Sorry, in a weird, Hannah-Barbara mood.)

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
From those scans I can't tell that the sprites are improved in any way whatsoever. Obviously they will be, but shouldn't it be more noticable? I guess only time will tell.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I think Shiroi Kaze over there called it...those portraits, especially Jhun, Kyo, and Iori look very much like Range Murata (then some genius 3 posts down and a half hour later says, "well the character face art looks like matrimelee art, work probably its the same guy", which is the main reason I have a hard time reading the S-C boards).